NSMBA Twoonies?

June 10, 2013, 9:09 p.m.

Brian, a couple of clarification questions for those who may not be able to pre-ride again.

Stage 1:
Beginning off the skidder climb or from the Leppard entrance a few metres up?
Krinkum: original ladder bridges or new bench reroute?
Turn right to enter Kirkford on new bench or turn left to enter old chunder?
Where will this segment end? At the bridge?

Stage 2:
There appear to be three options for turning right from LG to KOTS. The easiest line is a braid across some roots; the next is before the sign post, and the third after the sign post. Which one?
And then, ending that segment at the second switchback which is a right hander?

Stage 3:
Assuming we are riding the new exit on Floppy?

Stage 2… The braid? Just rode it and that's quite a right turn at the other 2 points….

June 10, 2013, 9:20 p.m.

Stage 2… The braid? Just rode it and that's quite a right turn at the other 2 points….

Both of the other 2 options are basically get off your bike and walk territory. The braid seems like a good choice for this loop.

flickr

June 10, 2013, 9:33 p.m.

Looks good Shirk. I'll see you there.

Bye the way, where's the winning number for that seatpost?

We would like to announce the winner of the Rock Shox dropper post: THE WINNER IS #664688!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! Please email [email protected] with all your details and we will contact you soon!!

Thanks to everyone who participated in the draw, and everyone who came to our tent, to sign for a membership, get some stickers or just to say hi! Hope you have a great week!

From the NSMBA Facebook page.

June 10, 2013, 9:37 p.m.

I didn't win. Can I get my money back?

flickr

June 10, 2013, 9:44 p.m.

Brian, a couple of clarification questions for those who may not be able to pre-ride again.

Stage 1:
Beginning off the skidder climb or from the Leppard entrance a few metres up?
Krinkum: original ladder bridges or new bench reroute?
Turn right to enter Kirkford on new bench or turn left to enter old chunder?
Where will this segment end? At the bridge?

Stage 2:
There appear to be three options for turning right from LG to KOTS. The easiest line is a braid across some roots; the next is before the sign post, and the third after the sign post. Which one?
And then, ending that segment at the second switchback which is a right hander?

Stage 3:
Assuming we are riding the new exit on Floppy?

Stage 1: From the Leppard entrance.
New bench (when there is a ride around option all courses will avoid technical woodwork, I'd like to make it as inviting for all skills to come out and have no injuries)
New Bench - see above.
Stage will end just before the bridge on Cedar, when I did my pre-ride I think it's back maybe 50 feet.

Stage 2: Braids are bad mmmkay…but in this situation if my memory serves the braid is the natural climbing line, it's there from people climbing in off LG. Think path of least resistance here.

Stage 3: New exit. Pat's new work on FB is way to fun to not ride. Stage end will be just up hill on the road, approx 50-100ft. Little uphill finish to keep you honest and it makes for a slower rider that helps with the way the timing system operates.

June 10, 2013, 10:04 p.m.

Dayum, looks like I need to be at this toonie! Fun course.

June 10, 2013, 10:08 p.m.

I didn't win. Can I get my money back?

Darn!! 8 off.

TEAM CRAFTY

June 10, 2013, 11:10 p.m.

Dayum, looks like I need to be at this toonie! Fun course.

Do it. Bring a couple friends.

They only get better after this.

$40 for your NSMBA membership

$12 for all six Toonies.

18 stages of prime Fromme trail racing.

June 10, 2013, 11:29 p.m.

Fun course.

It is. Nice work Bryan, perfect after-work-sized mini-enduro course. Lots of pre riders today; should be a popular series

"Nobody really gives a shit that you don't like the thing that you have no firsthand experience with." Dave

June 11, 2013, 7:45 a.m.

Here's the map if anyone needs a more visual view of the course.

Yellow is un-timed, orange timed.

June 11, 2013, 8:09 a.m.

Rain will make things interesting! Looking forward to the race..

June 11, 2013, 9:19 a.m.

nice work on pulling this together brian, looks like it should be a success and a lot of fun!

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

June 11, 2013, 4:53 p.m.

So, I think I'm gonna come out and try this. Having never entered one of these or any other kind of race, I have a couple of questions.

1. This seems pretty casual. Is that the case? I'm really just looking to try something new.
2. Do I need to bring some kind of proof of nsmba membership? I've only just renewed my membership a few days ago.
3. I read above that the line on Crinkum bypasses the ramps. I guess this means the ramps aren't an option, even for those that want to ride them? What about the entrance to floppy? Not a big deal, but I want to be sure to follow the rules.
4. Is there delay between the riders dropping in? What's the etiquette on passing?

Overall, it looks really fun. I'm looking forward to it :)

There's no place like fromme

June 12, 2013, 10:05 a.m.

So, I think I'm gonna come out and try this. Having never entered one of these or any other kind of race, I have a couple of questions.

1. This seems pretty casual. Is that the case? I'm really just looking to try something new.
2. Do I need to bring some kind of proof of nsmba membership? I've only just renewed my membership a few days ago.
3. I read above that the line on Crinkum bypasses the ramps. I guess this means the ramps aren't an option, even for those that want to ride them? What about the entrance to floppy? Not a big deal, but I want to be sure to follow the rules.
4. Is there delay between the riders dropping in? What's the etiquette on passing?

Overall, it looks really fun. I'm looking forward to it :)

1. Yes casual. There may be some guys that put down a fast time, but it's more about the social side of riding/racing.
2. I'll have a print out of the membership list.
3. Plan is to mark the course to not use the ramps. The easier entrance on Floppy will be used.
4. It will be self seeding with no set time between riders. This should be up to your judgement based on who else is around when you drop into a stage. If you know you are faster than someone else perhaps drop in before them. Etiquette on passing is only pass when it's safe. Because it's not a mass start there shouldn't be the pressure to push for a pass to get one spot ahead. Remember this is fun local racing, no aggro passing needed.

Hope that helps.

June 12, 2013, 11:02 a.m.

Looks like a fun event! I haven't ridden Crinkum too many times but all the times I did I was so focused on the step down ramps I never noticed any ride arounds! If I remember correctly last years WEA had a damp course which made CC particularly interesting especially with all the riders on the course at the same time:-)

I rode Floppy for the first time in a couple years last night, Pat's done an amazing job!