North Van - BC Enduro

May 9, 2016, 6:58 a.m.

the north shore has not been dumbed down.

You know you went to far when even Tungsten thinks your a Jack Ass.

May 9, 2016, 9:03 a.m.

Shirk wished he had one in North Van and made it happen.

To give credit where credit is due.

Shirk has done an amazing job with the 5ers.

Before him, in the two years leading up to his successful undertaking, Andrew and Ilana - NSMBA both directors at the time - laid a solid foundation with the toonie series.

Prior to them reviving timed NSMBA events, there hadn't been anything consistent (other than the annual Wade's excellent adventure) for many years since the ripper series.

"I know that heroes ride bicycles" - Joe Biden

May 9, 2016, 9:53 a.m.

True enough, it takes a team. My point was that if you want something to happen, the best way to ensure it is to volunteer and make it happen.

FVMBA has a race series, don't they?

May 9, 2016, 11:15 a.m.

That Tmack guy is fast!

…at riding bikes and drinking beer.

Well done out there fellas! #truffleshuffle

I have an epic hangover today. Fun day yesterday!

May 9, 2016, 7:39 p.m.

True enough, it takes a team. My point was that if you want something to happen, the best way to ensure it is to volunteer and make it happen.

Yep…one of them happens to be this weekend. Vedder classic on Saturday and BC Enduro series Sunday.

May 10, 2016, 10:41 a.m.

Folks,

A buddy of mine from Calgary was riding the Enduro this past weekend. He left his team jacket handing from a post by the water-towers on the main road. Its a blue argyle-type jacket with BICISPORT on it.

If you have seen it or know where it is, please let me know so that I can get it back to him.

Thanks,
Gord

PS - he has also reached out to Megan to see if anyone turned it in at the race.

May 10, 2016, 8:24 p.m.

this years format is more xc format with a couple timed down stages , tried it last year and prefer enduro format . looking forward to Sunday,s race

#northsidetrailbuilders

May 17, 2016, 12:49 p.m.

any of you do vedder this weekend? holy damn, those are some fun trails. quite the departure from the shore; fast [HTML_REMOVED] buff. steep bits with catch berms in all the right places; great momentum conservation. and the fresh loamer trail was ridiculous. much goodness out there. i was just laughing my ass off the whole way down.

May 17, 2016, 12:54 p.m.

I was there as well. The loamer was unreal fun.

Great weekend.

BCpov on YouTube

www.instagram.com/BCPov

www.facebook.com/BCpov

May 17, 2016, 3:36 p.m.

I guess you could say I was there. My results would say I wasn't. Too many tumbles off the bike and face smashes into dirt. Last stage was ok though. Had some legs for that.

Dutch, myself, and the rest of the Nobl dudes had some of the earliest rides done on BHD. Dirt so deep it would spray over your head when you were on the brakes.

May 17, 2016, 4:34 p.m.

Was also there, so much fun! It's great to have such a strong women's field to race with :D BHD was awesome, really enjoyed the new R.E.F.R. too, it was intense!

www.essentialcycles.com | www.essentialcycles.shop 

Service, Sales & Repair Shop, Mountain Bike Rentals, Coaching & Guiding

May 19, 2016, 7:47 a.m.

I actually had dirt spray into my mouth! Apparently, I had a big, wide mouth grin in order to let it in! Super fun.

May 19, 2016, 9:33 a.m.

I wonder how busy Vedder will be this weekend with first timer folks like me who have been drooling at the pics/vids of the race from last weekend :).