North Shore Bike Fest Tales and results - and an article.

May 25, 2009, 3:42 p.m.

From my perspective as a volly, the event was very well organized, especially for a first year event. Great work folks!

May 25, 2009, 10:13 p.m.

What the hell happened to you? You eatin' yer wheaties? Is the competition gone? ;) You're fast and Middle Earth is slow. WTF?

Its all about controlling Enns….ha…we shuttled for the weekend and every time I was on course and he was driving…I took a real long time on course to limit his practice!!!ha

Funny thing though…Enns is the slowest guy in the world in practice…really slow…its weird. You have seen it…just putting along then race time he is all business.

As far as me…I started riding a little early this year. Did a few fluidride races in the early season….its gotta be my faust tld kit…or my hair???

Blogging - Never before have so many people with so little to say said so much to so few.

May 26, 2009, 12:16 a.m.

Funny thing though…Enns is the slowest guy in the world in practice…really slow…its weird. You have seen it…just putting along then race time he is all business.

As far as me…I started riding a little early this year. Did a few fluidride races in the early season….its gotta be my faust tld kit…or my hair???

Man, no more practicing with Eric, I think he threw me off my game a bit. Yes that practice photo shows me going a bit slow. However in the race, if style points counted, well, let's just say the BC flag never looked so good. Eric's outfit kinda looks like a sack of potatoes don't you think?

:canada:
My outdated bio, results, pictures and blog are here:
http://www.sponsorhouse.com/members/MtbBryon

"Champions expect pain, endure pain & never complain." -Unknown Source.

May 26, 2009, 10:06 a.m.

what a nice writeup - particularly liked this shot

http://nsmb.com/3060-north-shore-bike-fest-2009/ - was this written by Cam?

May 26, 2009, 10:42 a.m.

Thanks Lee! That was a cool place to be during the race. The really fast guys were scary through there. One guy came down nose heavy and I was sure he was going to end up in my lap. Another rider landed turning and managed to rail out of there like he was jet propelled. Tim's ass on saddle approach was unique, cool to watch and fast.

I wrote the main body and some captions. Stuart and Danielle gave me captions for their bits.

May 26, 2009, 10:45 a.m.

sweet writeup cam, does anyone have any pictor love for the xc'ers?!! not all of us were wearing spandex, and I did notice a few photographers out on the course!

May 26, 2009, 11:25 a.m.

Thanks Lee! That was a cool place to be during the race. The really fast guys were scary through there. One guy came down nose heavy and I was sure he was going to end up in my lap. Another rider landed turning and managed to rail out of there like he was jet propelled. Tim's ass on saddle approach was unique, cool to watch and fast.

I wrote the main body and some captions. Stuart and Danielle gave me captions for their bits.

My ass on saddle approach was not part of the plan, even though things look under control in that great photo (nice capture Cam). That thing sent me super weird. Glad to have pulled that off without loosing too much time, and still "entertain" the crowd.

Side note: I think seat bouncing landings will be the new in thing.

Biking: As addictive as cocaine, twice as expensive!

:safrica: - :canada:

May 26, 2009, 11:39 a.m.

All the marshals had garbage bags and were instructed to remove all course ribbons, markers and garbage on the trails.

I worked 2 corners in the XC race and one section of the DH practice and I was surprised at how little race debris there was on the 2 courses. Most of what I picked up was small old pieces of garbage that had nothing to do with the race. (I did leave the little bags of dog crap for the owners {or poo fairy} to pick up)

May 26, 2009, 11:49 a.m.

During the XC race there must have been quite a bit of carnage on the descents as there were a lot of bloody knees [HTML_REMOVED] shins coming out of Bottle Top on to Fishermans. About 1/2 the racers seemed gun shy on the lower Bottle Top wood work, by the end of the race it looked pretty slimy.

It might be worth putting down that expanded mesh on the sloped ladders to remove some of the bottle necks caused by people walking down them.

May 26, 2009, 11:50 a.m.

sweet writeup cam, does anyone have any pictor love for the xc'ers?!! not all of us were wearing spandex, and I did notice a few photographers out on the course!

Both my wife and I had cameras on our corners, I'll take a look and see if there are any good ones in there.

May 26, 2009, 11:53 a.m.

Both my wife and I had cameras on our corners, I'll take a look and see if there are any good ones in there.

awesome, thanks Craig, and thanks for marshalling….always good to have so many encouraging vollies out there! black cove hustler mainframe with the hot pink rear end, should make it easy to see if you got any of me!

May 26, 2009, 12:16 p.m.

awesome, thanks Craig, and thanks for marshalling….always good to have so many encouraging vollies out there! black cove hustler mainframe with the hot pink rear end, should make it easy to see if you got any of me!

LOL! That isn't a usual XC race bike!

You're welcome, it was actually a lot of fun being out on the courses, other than missing out on the festivities back at the Expo.

May 26, 2009, 12:31 p.m.

Man, no more practicing with Eric, I think he threw me off my game a bit. Yes that practice photo shows me going a bit slow. However in the race, if style points counted, well, let's just say the BC flag never looked so good. Eric's outfit kinda looks like a sack of potatoes don't you think?

Sack of potatoes? Potato chips maybe…all-dressed ha…you had the sun ripe apple juice meets bc ferries jersey on wtf!!!! Those jersey's are sweet to win and show off but racing in them is death….hard to win with all that flash…. cracking under the pressure eh?

I will stick to my tld pj's….no twinkle toes shoes or socks though…you got covered there old guy

Blogging - Never before have so many people with so little to say said so much to so few.

May 26, 2009, 12:32 p.m.

LOL! That isn't a usual XC race bike!

heh heh, no, probably not, but when the going got rough, and it certainly did, it was a godsend! and aside from the grunt up old buck, was a nice bike to ride! I loved that on the starting line the guy beside me looked down at it, scoffed, and said "kind of a heavy bike isn't it?" I replied "no, it's actually only about 31/32 pounds, it's great!" :) could I have gone faster on a lighter bike? probably…but I wouldn't have had nearly as much fun in the gnar!

May 26, 2009, 8:03 p.m.

What about the braided rock work? Not to get all pissy, but now that the braids are the most visable line it will be the path of least resistance for the rear brake draggers and those briads will get worse. If they also become the path for water run off some of the rock work will get eroded and wash out. It's not many places on the trail but in a perfect world it would be nice to see the race organizers and racers go back and clean up the "racer lines". After all it's a trail not a race course.

Because we know how much you love Neds, sharon and I biked up to it today and kicked rocks back into the racer lines so that the trail is now restored to its former pristine glory/.