North Shore Bike Fest Tales and results - and an article.

May 24, 2009, 6:18 p.m.

The Bike Fest was a huge success this weekend. Both the XC and the DH sold out and riders were raving about both courses.

Words, results and photos here...

May 24, 2009, 6:59 p.m.

well the results from my CT scan looked good……

May 24, 2009, 7:06 p.m.

What happened? Hope you're ok.

May 24, 2009, 7:15 p.m.

well the results from my CT scan looked good……

wow buddy when you rode through my section i had NO idea you'd just had a bad crash - you looked very smooth :D how's the memory doing?

May 24, 2009, 7:16 p.m.

The step down didn't like me. Came in a little hot and not really sure what happened after that(have a vague idea)…I think it was a little bit before I jumped up and tried to ride off on my bike(suspect i was possibly knocked out), before someone took my bike from me. Anyhow, couldn't really walk straight and had to sit down for a bit. Once I felt a little better I stole my bike back and finished with a blistering plus 6 minute run…..hope someone atleast snapped a decent pic on the last jump.

after I told the better half the same story 3 times, she thought i better head off to Emerg…

May 24, 2009, 7:19 p.m.

wow buddy when you rode through my section i had NO idea you'd just had a bad crash - you looked very smooth :D how's the memory doing?

I had a nice conversation with Karaleen for about 30 mins that I remember very little about.

May 24, 2009, 7:19 p.m.

He was actually way worse than he's saying - he lost total memory of the event and at one point didn't know where he was at all. Anyways, a few hours later and he was coherent again.

May 24, 2009, 7:30 p.m.

Rubber side down B! Words to live by…Heal up and let's rip.

May 24, 2009, 7:34 p.m.

The step down didn't like me. Came in a little hot and not really sure what happened after that(have a vague idea)…I think it was a little bit before I jumped up and tried to ride off on my bike(suspect i was possibly knocked out), before someone took my bike from me. Anyhow, couldn't really walk straight and had to sit down for a bit. Once I felt a little better I stole my bike back and finished with a blistering plus 6 minute run…..hope someone atleast snapped a decent pic on the last jump.

after I told the better half the same story 3 times, she thought i better head off to Emerg…

Not a smart move finishing IMO, but glad to hear you didn't hurt yourself further on the trial. I was watching that section when you crashed. You were a little squirrely coming into the drop, then landed a bit sideways. Wheels slid out from under you and down you went. Didn't appear that bad at first, but then you started stubling trying to get back to your bike. That's when the volley's stepped in. After a few seconds of sitting down, you tried to get up again and stumbled across the rocks. Sure signs of a concussion. Recommend getting checked out at the hospital if you haven't already.

Can't blame you for finished though, since you were not likely thinking clearly.

Big thumbs up to all the rippers today. From last to first, it was a great show.
:clap:

May 24, 2009, 7:40 p.m.

ever see a boxer who gets ko'd and still thinks he can fight….not a smart move, but i wasn't thinking all that clearly.

my first stop was emerg and a CT scan looked good.

i know i drifted on the first corner and it seemed good so i just checked the speed a little before the drop but seemed to come off balance as i went off the drop….or so i recall.

in hindsight i regret trying to continue down the trail.

May 24, 2009, 8:12 p.m.

Anyone got the results ?

"I do like how you generally bring an open-minded and positive vibe to the threads you participate in"

- Morgman

May 24, 2009, 8:18 p.m.

Yeah times please
Posted via Mobile Device

May 24, 2009, 8:19 p.m.

looks like all the racers types were right and they should have closed off the drop for safety reasons.

glad to hear your ok brian, i hope the docs told you to take it easy for a couple of weeks. concussions are something you don't want to mess around with.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

May 24, 2009, 8:25 p.m.

morland posted a 2:40 for first place, cant remember after that.

May 24, 2009, 8:26 p.m.

looks like all the racers types were right and they should have closed off the drop for safety reasons.

glad to hear your ok brian, i hope the docs told you to take it easy for a couple of weeks. concussions are something you don't want to mess around with.

i was likely the only one who crashed…no?

ya gotta take it easy for a little bit.

i would think the results would take a little bit

i heard….
moreland 1st
bryson 2nd

ando won 30-39 (nice job)

timmerman won 40-49 (nice job too)