NIMBY Fifty 2014

May 8, 2014, 9:52 a.m.

Any idea if the new sections have been marked yet? Thinking of a pre-ride one of these weekends, so I can measure the size of the hurt locker I'm going to be spending time in.

May 8, 2014, 10:11 a.m.

Any idea if the new sections have been marked yet? Thinking of a pre-ride one of these weekends, so I can measure the size of the hurt locker I'm going to be spending time in.

it's pretty straightforward, after you roll into ramble on, you'll see the new bit of benched climbing and from there is just flows into smell the glove, econodave is pretty obvious on the left after about 10 minutes of climbing or so…

May 8, 2014, 12:28 p.m.

….econodave is going to own some tired peeps I think though! ha!

Having ridden the final section last weekend, I predict carnage on econodave. For anyone who hasn't ridden it, it's a great trail but it certainly helps to know the lines and there are some killer short n' steep climbs to get there…:cry::damn:

Incidentally, if anyone finds a Zephyr hear rate monitor somewhere near the final double of econodave, it's mine. It could well be part way down the embankment where I took a tumble…

May 8, 2014, 12:32 p.m.

Having ridden the final section last weekend, I predict carnage on econodave. For anyone who hasn't ridden it, it's a great trail but it certainly helps to know the lines and there are some killer short n' steep climbs to get there…:cry::damn:

totally, I'm just stoked that I cleaned all the backside climbs after happy/nimby…as long as I can pace myself up radio tower at the start and up nimby I want to lay down the hammer on the backside when everyone is bonking! ha!

May 8, 2014, 1:49 p.m.

Just checked the map of the course, that is a crazy race course……..

Shed head!

May 8, 2014, 2:34 p.m.

it's pretty straightforward if you can see straight, after you let off the brakes and barely make it into ramble on, you'll probably run into the new bit of benched climbing and from there, it just flows into smell the glove, econodave is pretty obvious on the left after about 10 minutes of walking your bike because your legs are pedaling in squares…

FYP

May 8, 2014, 3:44 p.m.

as long as I can pace myself up radio tower at the start

Good luck! That climb is a sea of people on XC bikes blowing themselves up, threatening to put you fully mid-pack for the Radio Tower conga line – which ultimately determines how quickly you get to the Nimby climb.

flickr

May 8, 2014, 3:47 p.m.

Good luck! That climb is a sea of people on XC bikes blowing themselves up, threatening to put you fully mid-pack for the Radio Tower conga line – which ultimately determines how quickly you get to the Nimby climb.

enough out of you

May 8, 2014, 3:58 p.m.

totally, I'm just stoked that I cleaned all the backside climbs after happy/nimby…as long as I can pace myself up radio tower at the start and up nimby I want to lay down the hammer on the backside when everyone is bonking! ha!

I've ridden the course a couple times now. The first time I had to skip Let it go and fifty because of snow. I cleaned most of the backside and was feeling pretty damn good about myself. I road the whole course last weekend, and I think I've determined that Let it go is my nemesis. Some punishing little climbs after having just completed Nimby.

No complaints, though. Not many places better than Pemberton in the Spring.

May 8, 2014, 4:02 p.m.

yeah, let it go is a little slice of hell to put the icing on the nimby cake!

May 8, 2014, 6:11 p.m.

Hey Flip, you been riding Pemby on your Chromag? Would you race the Nimby on a hardtail?

Shed head!

May 8, 2014, 6:48 p.m.

Would you race the Nimby on a hardtail?

i did and would, definitely, again. you'll be flying up happy/nimby, and it'll barely hold you back on the main descent (overnight). i don't think that it would be much of a hindrance on the back nine, but then i barely remember anything about that part of the race but paaaaiiiiin

"Nobody really gives a shit that you don't like the thing that you have no firsthand experience with." Dave

May 8, 2014, 8:17 p.m.

this new course is scaring me:eek:

http://www.epiccyclist.com/

May 8, 2014, 8:21 p.m.

how much longer in time do you think it will take?

May 8, 2014, 9:53 p.m.

Hey Flip, you been riding Pemby on your Chromag? Would you race the Nimby on a hardtail?

yes and yes….overnight is a handful, but I'm loving the hardtail right now.