NIMBY Fifty 2014

Feb. 21, 2014, 10:44 a.m.

Who wants to start a petition for Flip to NIMBY it up this year?!

He's got the legs but does he have the attitude?

flickr

Feb. 21, 2014, 10:49 a.m.

belittling, nice strategy! and if anyone knows, it's you, Morgan….I've got attitude!

Feb. 21, 2014, 10:57 a.m.

belittling, nice strategy! and if anyone knows, it's you, Morgan….I've got attitude!

SPORTS

flickr

Feb. 21, 2014, 3:16 p.m.

He's too enduro for that race…

"I do like how you generally bring an open-minded and positive vibe to the threads you participate in"

- Morgman

Feb. 21, 2014, 4:12 p.m.

He's got the legs but does he have the attitude?

i've seen better legs on a table.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Feb. 21, 2014, 4:31 p.m.

nice effort gentlemen, keep it coming and you may just taunt me into something I'll probably regret, actually, I won't regret it, I kinda like suffering more than I used to.

Feb. 21, 2014, 4:38 p.m.

Im mass debating doing this race.

One thing I don't care for is waking up at 5am to ferry/drive to Pemby for a race. Plus I'll likely be fat and have no legs by then

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Feb. 21, 2014, 4:40 p.m.

One thing I don't care for is waking up at 5am to ferry/drive to Pemby for a race. Plus I'll likely be fat and have no legs by then

So stop in Whistler and spend the night at Fireside Lodge.

This trip to Kelowna was definately an undertaking - Liam and I had been planning this project for 24 hours. We worked really hard to pull out all the stops in this video. We had slo-mo goggle shots; time lapses; pedal flips; outrageous product shots; unloading and loading the bike; walking through the field with your hand in wheat. At the end of the day this trip was all about just getting out and riding with all my friends.

www.letsridebikes.ca

Feb. 21, 2014, 4:45 p.m.

if we talk a big game on the interweb, isn't that enough?

Feb. 21, 2014, 5:07 p.m.

Punky I swear you say you're thinking about doing the Nimby every year.

Even Flip has a better internet race/actual race ratio.

"I do like how you generally bring an open-minded and positive vibe to the threads you participate in"

- Morgman

Feb. 21, 2014, 5:08 p.m.

if we talk a big game on the interweb, isn't that enough?

Im scared of the Nimby climb as the Flank eff'ed me at the Funduro.

This ones for you clark:fu: haha

Or I mean, yeah I'll slay that climb

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

April 16, 2014, 5:07 p.m.

The NIMBY course has been altered. Checkout the latest blog post for details and map. Also, would love to hear what everyone thinks of the change - note that we had no choice but to change it as the final descent is no more, due to land dev.

NIMBY Fifty - A _Technical Marathon XC Race _in Pemberton, BC. Details & Registration at www.nimbyfifty.com

"I may be going to hell in a bucket, but at least I'm enjoyin' the ride." - G.D.

April 17, 2014, 6:21 a.m.

The NIMBY course has been altered. Checkout the latest blog post for details and map. Also, would love to hear what everyone thinks of the change - note that we had no choice but to change it as the final descent is no more, due to land dev.

a shame to add that climb over to econoline/df, that's going to further crush and demoralize people's souls! hahaha, rode the new little bit a couple weeks ago when it was getting roughed in, that's def a nice little piece of trail instead of dropping into that boggy area. would be nice to not exactly repeat the first bit of the race at the end of the race, but like you said, not many other options thanks to the development happening there.

regardless, I think I'm in for this finally, will send you guys a message!

April 17, 2014, 8:18 a.m.

a shame to add that climb over to econoline/df, that's going to further crush and demoralize people's souls! hahaha, rode the new little bit a couple weeks ago when it was getting roughed in, that's def a nice little piece of trail instead of dropping into that boggy area. would be nice to not exactly repeat the first bit of the race at the end of the race, but like you said, not many other options thanks to the development happening there.

regardless, I think I'm in for this finally, will send you guys a message!

Agreed about the climb. First thing that went through my mind as I rode it last weekend after having done Sphincter [HTML_REMOVED] Econo [HTML_REMOVED] No Err at a hard pace was "we're going to make a lot of enemies this year". But the added bits of climbing are pretty short lived and as you pointed out there are some nice pieces of trail in there. Plus Econodave is a treat and riding Cross-Town never really gets boring, especially when you add in the Lower Moose-Jah hip jump, which you don't get to do in the first lap ;-)

Will take that as a guarantee you'll be on the start line this year! Message away.

NIMBY Fifty - A _Technical Marathon XC Race _in Pemberton, BC. Details & Registration at www.nimbyfifty.com

"I may be going to hell in a bucket, but at least I'm enjoyin' the ride." - G.D.

May 3, 2014, 5:36 p.m.

rode the whole course, well, minus the first radio tower loop, today, everything is in really good condition and the new route works really well…the little re-routes on smell the glove keep yopu from redlining too hard….econodave is going to own some tired peeps I think though! ha!