NIMBY Fifty 2014

May 9, 2014, 9:47 p.m.

how much time do you think the new sections will add?

No idea. Flip might be able to comment, as would Lo-Rider.

May 9, 2014, 11:20 p.m.

Based on my pre-ride of the latter half of the course last weekend versus my race pace the last two years, I'm expecting at least another 10 minutes ….but I'm a 4:15 rider..

Sent from my XT885 using Tapatalk

May 10, 2014, 9:31 a.m.

I think 10-15min is prob in the range depending how you feel…

May 10, 2014, 6:47 p.m.

I think 10-15min is prob in the range depending how you feel…

making platinum just got a lot tougher

May 11, 2014, 8:30 a.m.

You know that heinous climb up double track just before you hit the sphincter climb? The one that completely redlines and cramps you? We've taken that out. As a result, in all honesty, the whole sphincter/scruffy's/rock[HTML_REMOVED]roll/econoline zone becomes less hellish, you will feel stronger in there and can push the pedals a bit harder having not fully redlined first. Ive done it several times now and speak from experience. We saw this as a fair exchange for the addition of smell the glove climb(s). I think the new section will add 5-10 mins max, possibly less.

Side note, broke my collarbone yesterday launching off a rock (i always launch off) on the road on my way to no err after riding the front half+sphincter etc.. So this zone is fresh in my memory. And typing with one hand sucks! But not being able to ride may suck more.

No more complaints folks. Stay healthy and be happy u are even riding and racing. If the course is harder, then train harder. Easy solution :) Rule #5. http://www.velominati.com/the-rules/

NIMBY Fifty - A _Technical Marathon XC Race _in Pemberton, BC. Details & Registration at www.nimbyfifty.com

"I may be going to hell in a bucket, but at least I'm enjoyin' the ride." - G.D.

May 11, 2014, 8:40 a.m.

HTFU….shitty about your collarbone, buddy!

May 11, 2014, 11:08 a.m.

Shit!

flickr

May 11, 2014, 11:02 p.m.

You know that heinous climb up double track just before you hit the sphincter climb? The one that completely redlines and cramps you? We've taken that out.

So how will sphincter be accessed now?

Bad news about the collar bone :-(

May 12, 2014, 7:02 a.m.

Y
Side note, broke my collarbone yesterday launching off a rock (i always launch off) on the road on my way to no err after riding the front half+sphincter etc.. So this zone is fresh in my memory. And typing with one hand sucks! But not being able to ride may suck more.

/

sorry about your collarbone
pre-rode yesterday
I think borderline 2:45ers will be about 6 minutes longer with good weather

you still hit sphincter rock, the new climb reroute all occurs before then.
rather than straight up the fall line you take a longer gentler way around
likely longer in time for the really fast guys that could pedal all the way up the original line but faster for the people who normally walked the original line

May 12, 2014, 1:09 p.m.

Just curious where the new line goes compared to the old one (see attachment)

May 12, 2014, 1:15 p.m.

just keep riding along the flat road, it loops around and comes in off the right side at the top of that image, you can even see the 4x rd on the pic

May 12, 2014, 3:26 p.m.

Just curious where the new line goes compared to the old one (see attachment)

top loop of that red squiggly line would be extended ~75 m further north on flattish road before turning back to regular climb that takes you to sphincter rock
http://www.nimbyfifty.com/images/uploads/maps/NIMBYFIFTY-2014_COURSE_MAP_V.1.0.jpg

May 14, 2014, 9:41 p.m.

Cat's out of the bag on the enduro course. If you are pre-riding on Saturday after about noon, please use Shamalama to access the Waco Connector from the top of Happy (at the top of Happy turn right, go up the punchy climb, and turn left). You will also find brief overlap on Overnight and a very small section of Radio Tower but I am sure we can play nice together. Have fun and enjoy.

May 18, 2014, 8:58 p.m.

Forget Nimby Lite. Nimby Dubbel - Sea2Sky Enduro Pemberton edition on Saturday followed by a full Nimby pre-ride on Sunday!

May 25, 2014, 8:05 p.m.

Pre-rode it today. The dirt was so perfect! There has been some great trail work done on Happy [HTML_REMOVED] Nimby. 2 things to note:

- The traverse/climb at the end over to MooseJaw/Crosstown is a soul-sucking she-devil. It hurts, especially as you pedal right past the old left hand turn that took you right down to the railway tracks. That was a fun trail.
- The rock slabs are fucking slick when wet. Overnight, No Err and a few of the spicy rolls on Smell the Glove or Econodave were interesting!