NIMBY Fifty 2013

May 27, 2013, 12:59 p.m.

Wow, that was longer/more technical/more fun than I had thought it would be. I burned too many matches on the first half, and had little left on the second half of the course. Having my rear suspension fully run out of air before even starting the climbing on Happy Trail/Big Nimby didn't help either.

Haven't made the final decision yet, but I'm pretty sure I have some unfinished business that will need to be resolved on the course next year.

Is anyone else absolutely covered in mosquito bites, or am I the only slow guy who got eaten alive?

May 27, 2013, 12:59 p.m.

Saw lots of photographers on course. Anyone have links to some sites?

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=pH51rAX-G3o

May 27, 2013, 1:01 p.m.

I have to ask as I missed the race this year - did the changes make the course faster?

May 27, 2013, 1:01 p.m.

Wow, that was longer/more technical/more fun than I had thought it would be. I burned too many matches on the first half, and had little left on the second half of the course. Having my rear suspension fully run out of air before even starting the climbing on Happy Trail/Big Nimby didn't help either.

Haven't made the final decision yet, but I'm pretty sure I have some unfinished business that will need to be resolved on the course next year.

Is anyone else absolutely covered in mosquito bites, or am I the only slow guy who got eaten alive?

No, me too. They had to, they rest of these assholes were riding too fast.

***Disclaimer: this post is in no way, shape, or form intended to insult anybody, anything, any animal, any lifeform, or non lifeform, or otherwise, of any kind.

May 27, 2013, 1:03 p.m.

I think the changes made the course slower, that is, slower for anyone caught in a pack. Where I was it was a conga line down Lower Moose Jah. Front guys I think did it about as fast.

But, it is better. There just isn't a chance like before on the gravel road to bomb by a lot of folks.

***Disclaimer: this post is in no way, shape, or form intended to insult anybody, anything, any animal, any lifeform, or non lifeform, or otherwise, of any kind.

May 27, 2013, 1:08 p.m.

I have to ask as I missed the race this year - did the changes make the course faster?

Not faster, but way more fun. Actually maybe slower. Agreed, conga line leading to the road crossing section slowed things down.

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=pH51rAX-G3o

May 27, 2013, 1:11 p.m.

Saw lots of photographers on course. Anyone have links to some sites?

http://highshot.smugmug.com/Sports/2013-Nimby-Fifty-Pemberton/29632956_5rbrMM#!i=2535769251[HTML_REMOVED]k=XjbqzSR

http://www.epiccyclist.com/

May 27, 2013, 2 p.m.

Just a quick shot out to the Nimby Organizers!
Dean, Russ and Terry are exceptional community role models! They promote Pemberton, and diligently work on building and upgrading trails. Always great to see race organizers giving so much back to the community. They were super busy on race day. However, these guys are true mtb racers and if they were in the race I would have been riding scared.

Having that race at Sturdy's makes the venue incredibly family friendly. I loved bragging to my kid-less friends about my vip parking right at the farm.

Every year that race gets better and better.

Looks like updated results are now up.

http://www.webscorer.com/race?raceid=9216

May 27, 2013, 3:02 p.m.

no
there wasn't a lot of new single track off of the first Radio Tower loop, but going straight down a gravel road the old way is still faster by maybe a minute or two

the reroute around the unrideable climb on the last half was pretty short too, so not much difference in distance or time

ideal air temperature may have made things faster for some
course record was beat only by seconds, many of the faster guys were slower this year compared to last

so hard to say if you did it this year that you would be faster

May 27, 2013, 3:27 p.m.

no
there wasn't a lot of new single track off of the first Radio Tower loop, but going straight down a gravel road the old way is still faster by maybe a minute or two

the reroute around the unrideable climb on the last half was pretty short too, so not much difference in distance or time

ideal air temperature may have made things faster for some
course record was beat only by seconds, many of the faster guys were slower this year compared to last

so hard to say if you did it this year that you would be faster

Who knows or not. I didn't have a chance to pre-ride it either, so I wasn't sure how the changes impacted the ride. Conditions looked great.

May 27, 2013, 3:29 p.m.

Conditions looked great.

All time!

flickr

May 27, 2013, 3:32 p.m.

The rains certainly made a difference. I rode Pemby on the weekend of 18-19th and it was dry dusty and loose. Saturday was prime time traction.

May 27, 2013, 3:51 p.m.

All time!

Now, that just rubs salt in an already sore wound! :( I babysat my kids while my wife was out for the day… :crybaby:

May 27, 2013, 4:44 p.m.

Nope. They had a good feed on me. Probably why I DNF'd. Excessive blood loss:lol:

ORIGINAL FREETARD
and now I'm CROSSTARDED

May 27, 2013, 4:50 p.m.

Now, that just rubs salt in an already sore wound! :( I babysat my kids while my wife was out for the day…

just close your eyes ken, and picture them pulling your legs off on nimby in 10 years :)

"Nobody really gives a shit that you don't like the thing that you have no firsthand experience with." Dave