new DH rig for GJ

Dec. 28, 2008, 7:58 p.m.

"I love the smell of split cedar in the morning" now if only I could figure out how to split straight rung."

Freeze it.

C4 Rider Training 2013

Contact me at: [email protected]

I am not so good at returning PM's as some have noticed.

c4race.com

Dec. 28, 2008, 8:12 p.m.

ya my thumb is still screwed. It was a cool line just a little to fast for me though.

only 35 but still beat the 30-39 BC cup Champion 4 out of 6 races

Dec. 28, 2008, 8:23 p.m.

I wish you had a moto Johnie P.

C4 Rider Training 2013

c4race.com

Dec. 28, 2008, 9:39 p.m.

Hmmmm…….yes I know about how pricy moto shit is, but really? How much is the new Norco Team DH….

why would you pay 7100bux for a Norco?

Dec. 28, 2008, 9:41 p.m.

why would you pay 7100bux for a Norco?

prettttty much.

Check my stuff for sale!

Dec. 28, 2008, 10:09 p.m.

I just e-stalked him, and I'm not sure if know him….I was all jacked up cuz he called me slowpoke and then I saw his results.

Lets say I'm glad I didn't challenge him to a race.

As mouthy as he is… he does have the results to back it up.

Dec. 29, 2008, 9:16 a.m.

Me mouthy? You sir are an uncouth degenerate. I challenge you to a duel.

Disclaimer. Anything written above this should not be taken literally, its called sarcasm you idiots.

Dec. 29, 2008, 1:44 p.m.

cory is correct that following the intended line of the course is the rule.

however, how is a rider supposed to know what's what if there is no tape?

calling all race organizers, tape your courses, don't leave anything for cheaters to find. taping a course and blocking off potential cheat lines while still leaving room for some new "pro lines" to grow through the weekend is the best part of hosting an event. (IMHO)

if it's inside the tape the fastest time is the best rider. bike, clothes, and style points don't count.

Dec. 29, 2008, 4:12 p.m.

Me mouthy? You sir are an uncouth degenerate. I challenge you to a duel.

A duel in the snow? I'm itching to ride so much, I'm about ready to break out the shovel and rake.

Dec. 29, 2008, 5:25 p.m.

yes Gary, but for too long I have watched riders intentionally blast thru tape….." oh no one re-taped it?".

We are not racing WorldCups here and the honor system has to be respected. Too bad its not and a few bad apples, often pro's set a bad example.

Organizers work super hard and are usually volunteering.

Its a shame that so many shitheads see that as an opportunity to cheat, and yes its cheating even if you are skirting the fine-print. 90[HTML_REMOVED]#37; of the entrants including myself don't even look for those lines, and prefer to race within the "obviously designated" course.

Also, I know I am vocal, but many people aren't. The quiet ones agree with me, and then don't come back.

I know at least a hundred people that have tried DH racing and never came back.

Respecting the rules is the base-line for competition. I see more respect for sportmanship at noon hour shinny hockey than I do at BC Cup Races.

C4 Rider Training 2013

c4race.com

Dec. 30, 2008, 10:53 a.m.

yes Gary, but for too long I have watched riders intentionally blast thru tape….." oh no one re-taped it?".

Organizers work super hard and are usually volunteering.

Respecting the rules is the base-line for competition. I see more respect for sportmanship at noon hour shinny hockey than I do at BC Cup Races.

my personal favourite is riders who come to your race, blow the tape and say how "you should" lay out the course.

we had a gentleman's line last year. i wonder how many people went around it? the top 2 both hit it!

Dec. 30, 2008, 1 p.m.

whats a gentleman's line?

C4 Rider Training 2013

c4race.com

Dec. 30, 2008, 2:05 p.m.

whats a gentleman's line?

i was wondering the same thing…

Dec. 30, 2008, 2:22 p.m.

i had flagged in a mandatory jump on the top of the course but the tape kept getting blown, so many riders didn't practice the jump.

we didn't want to re-tape the line after practice so left it open but suggested ALL pro riders consider the ride around out.

i couldn't believe how many people complained there was a jump on the course?!?

Dec. 30, 2008, 2:28 p.m.

i had flagged in a mandatory jump on the top of the course but the tape kept getting blown, so many riders didn't practice the jump.

we didn't want to re-tape the line after practice so left it open but suggested ALL pro riders consider the ride around out.

i couldn't believe how many people complained there was a jump on the course?!?

you talking about the rat race? there was a lot of very n00b women riding that course, one of whom crashed on that jump and either dislocated or broke her collarbone on a practice run. if it was canada cup or worlds i would understand, but the rat race is a pretty beginner sort of dh race.