new DH rig for CL...

Jan. 12, 2009, 9:37 a.m.

if I am sitting in second, does that mean that John won?

C4 Rider Training 2013

Contact me at: [email protected]

I am not so good at returning PM's as some have noticed.

c4race.com

Jan. 12, 2009, 10:21 a.m.

Hey Cory

You better get a V-10 like mine or I will be hearing you say you picked the wrong bike while you're standing on the second podium step!

Oh god here it comes. How many sets of knee pads did you wear out this year convincing the timing people to "adjust" your finish time? We all saw you riding like a Joey on a barn door in practice. Your "miraculously" fast race runs are awfully suspicious.

And Enns next time you feel the need to offer services in exchange for some massaging of the timing numbers, maybe you should pick a winning margin of more than a tenth of a second.

Biking: As addictive as cocaine, twice as expensive!

:safrica: - :canada:

Jan. 12, 2009, 10:26 a.m.

I dont wanna stir the pot, but I rode behind Enns in Mt. Washington and he was going slow and really looked like he was struggling in the nasty bits.

I admit that I rode like a gramma at that race and pretty much stopped to pull a tear-off, but I still thought I would beat him.

True story. Did I get Hustled?

I think so. Think he will beat me next year. I dont think so.

Its on.

C4 Rider Training 2013

c4race.com

Jan. 12, 2009, 10:41 a.m.

At least Bryon has a downhill bike…

If money is not an issue, check out the Liteville 901. http://www.liteville.de/t/25_99.html
This is propably the nicest downhill frame out right now. Liteville is a small German company that belongs to Syntace - which is on par with Thomson in terms of quality etc. Read the facts but trust me, this is an amazing piece of machinery. 6.6lbs (without shock) in combination with a 10 year warranty (even for DH races) is pretty tough to beat, too.

Jan. 12, 2009, 11:12 a.m.

At least Bryon has a downhill bike…

If money is not an issue, check out the Liteville 901. http://www.liteville.de/t/25_99.html
This is propably the nicest downhill frame out right now. Liteville is a small German company that belongs to Syntace - which is on par with Thomson in terms of quality etc. Read the facts but trust me, this is an amazing piece of machinery. 6.6lbs (without shock) in combination with a 10 year warranty (even for DH races) is pretty tough to beat, too.

i've been looking at those lately but it seems tuff to get any real info on em over here. the 4x hardtail looks good too.

do you know the pricing on them?

Jan. 12, 2009, 12:06 p.m.

The pricing over here is fairly competetive, as in: they're not a lot more expensive or cheaper than other "boutique" frame. The 901 retails for around 2400[HTML_REMOVED]#8364;, the 101 fx for 850[HTML_REMOVED]#8364;. This may sound very steep but for comparison, a Chromag TRL costs 1300[HTML_REMOVED]#8364; over here, Santa Cruz Chameleon 700[HTML_REMOVED]#8364; and your typical downhill frame (V-10, Commencal, Morewood) retail for around 2500[HTML_REMOVED]#8364;.

That being said however, bike stuff is generally way more expensive than in the USA or Canada…

If you need any more information on the Liteville-stuff, shoot me a PM. Their website provides tons of English information but if you have any specific question, I could translate it for you and contact Liteville. I met them two years ago at the Eurobike and they were very kind and knowledgable people. Thumbs up for Liteville. Now all they have to do is sort out an American distributor.

Jan. 12, 2009, 12:58 p.m.

I dont wanna stir the pot, but I rode behind Enns in Mt. Washington and he was going slow and really looked like he was struggling in the nasty bits.

I admit that I rode like a gramma at that race and pretty much stopped to pull a tear-off, but I still thought I would beat him.

Its on.

Ya its on…fat old guy racing at its best, winner buys beer and the best trash talk in racing!…Enns is tough to beat…I will give him that…but it is possible and I have stood above him on that there podium. But he is a player…his training runs look nothing like his race runs. The clothing rules will throw him off this year though…no skinsuits or tight jerseys…

pick a bike sideshow and get yer arse out and race….

Blogging - Never before have so many people with so little to say said so much to so few.

Jan. 12, 2009, 2:49 p.m.

the EVIL is speaking to me in my dreams, so is the M6.

Locally, Knollys' new offering could be a contender….Shocker proven and tested, only yourself to blame on that one…

alas I hear good things about the Norco team DH, and I was really pleased with my bike last year.

C4 Rider Training 2013

c4race.com

Jan. 12, 2009, 3:39 p.m.

the EVIL is speaking to me in my dreams, so is the M6.

Locally, Knollys' new offering could be a contender….Shocker proven and tested, only yourself to blame on that one…

alas I hear good things about the Norco team DH, and I was really pleased with my bike last year.

Hard to go wrong with any of those bikes. In the end its win win for you Corey. You might be better off with something like the Norc, Cove, or the Knolly with proven local service if anything does go wrong with the bike.

Biking: As addictive as cocaine, twice as expensive!

:safrica: - :canada:

Jan. 12, 2009, 3:56 p.m.

All nice bikes…kind got pick one and work it out a bit. I find it takes a good 3 months to get really dialled in on a new ride.

The Norco and the Shocker have gone through their paces as race machines…the Evil ect are new…we will have to see what the year will bring them interms of breakage and or refinement. Hell as long as you have good support they are all good options.

There are a few other race machines out there too…turner, foes, commencal…

Think of the courses on the BC Cup circuit….I assume this is your goal…it is a range of full on DH rock/root gardens to pedally short courses dust bowls like Kamloops…and ya gotta get some Whistler miles in too…so you need a bike that can take all that…but no one bike will be perfect for all…

Coves, Norcos, Giant, Commencals, Foes, Turners, Intense, Santa Cruz, Specialized….have all made it on the podium…I think the riders had a bit to do with it too ;)

So pick one and bring yer beer money:beer::beer::beer: or I will share some of mine!

Blogging - Never before have so many people with so little to say said so much to so few.

Jan. 12, 2009, 4:52 p.m.

Don't forget the Devinci Wilson, the only other frame made in Canada (besides the cove and knolly). great angles and a good weight.
Dean Tennant made his go pretty fast last year.

Jan. 12, 2009, 5:46 p.m.

Don't forget the Devinci Wilson, the only other frame made in Canada (besides the cove and knolly). great angles and a good weight.
Dean Tennant made his go pretty fast last year.

I just got my new Wilson, doesn't flex like it did before. Still super light and will hold up to a hell of a lot more abuse with the bearings instead of bushings. They also decided to throw in some grease ports on the main pivots….

Jan. 12, 2009, 6:36 p.m.

Its on.

stir it up little darling,man you girls make me wanna race again.

Jan. 12, 2009, 6:40 p.m.

you girls make me wanna race again.

you should probably race the girls.

hehe

C4 Rider Training 2013

c4race.com

Jan. 12, 2009, 7:28 p.m.

I just got my new Wilson, doesn't flex like it did before. Still super light and will hold up to a hell of a lot more abuse with the bearings instead of bushings. They also decided to throw in some grease ports on the main pivots….

suspension is unreal on the 08 and 09's but the geometry doesn't feel as dialed as the 07 for me…