new DH rig for CL...

Jan. 10, 2009, 10:23 a.m.

If I was in the market for a new DH rig, I'd be tempted to get a Sunn Radical because it of its looks.

pretty cool bike….only thing is no canadian dist. so, you need to purchase it from over seas and heaven forbid if you need warranty work or a part.i don't think they even have any in the states either.

Jan. 10, 2009, 11:17 a.m.

if only I knew where I could buy a shocker……lol….Dan i got your email, will stop by soon…

C4 Rider Training 2013

Contact me at: [email protected]

I am not so good at returning PM's as some have noticed.

c4race.com

Jan. 10, 2009, 7:33 p.m.

probably doesn't matter too much what you ride, there are a lot of great dh bikes out there these days…

Jan. 10, 2009, 9 p.m.

oh it matters to me.

C4 Rider Training 2013

c4race.com

Jan. 10, 2009, 9:28 p.m.

my first pick would be an m6 for sure.but i think you should stick w/cove,there's a bit of history there.

Jan. 10, 2009, 10:27 p.m.

no one has tried every dh bike out there so saying one bike is the best is pointless. People also like different things in a bike… your best bet is to saddle up and try different rigs.

:canada:

Jan. 11, 2009, 12:55 a.m.

no one has tried every dh bike out there so saying one bike is the best is pointless. People also like different things in a bike… your best bet is to saddle up and try different rigs.

What Jerry said …

Biking: As addictive as cocaine, twice as expensive!

:safrica: - :canada:

Jan. 11, 2009, 10:33 a.m.

It's a fairly heavy frame but it rides a lot lighter than it is

QFT
My first impression of the bike too. I didn't mine riding a 41+ lb bike as it felt a lot lighter on the trail

Jan. 11, 2009, 10:37 a.m.

QFT
My first impression of the bike too. I didn't mine riding a 41+ lb bike as it felt a lot lighter on the trail

probably just enough chain tension interaction to keep the pedaling nice.

Check my stuff for sale!

Jan. 11, 2009, 11:01 a.m.

I see what you mean, but I dont really agree. If a bike is good enough its worth adapting your style.

Certain bikes work, other bikes really work. The Demos are a great example. Awesome do it all bikes, save for the 9 I guess, but DH bike?? No.

If Sam wins on one, I promise it will be altered. That is why the big S will be looking at producing a DH specific after they get more saddle time from Sam.

Even the new Evil is sick, but not a DH "race" specific.

I want the bike that will take a rider from 4th to 1st.

Just using moto as an eg….the bikes are so similar that most magazine testers can barely tell them apart, but look at Chad on the Suzuki compared to his Yammy. Bubba switched to Yammy and is not as comfy as he was on his Kawi.

The moral? IMHO, if you wanna win at moto you will do better on anything but a YZ450, even tho the bikes are almost identical.

Yes i know that time on the trails is key, but…I need to know that my bike is more capable than I am.

Shocker does have some good history, and I miss visiting with Chazzy.

C4 Rider Training 2013

c4race.com

Jan. 11, 2009, 11:35 a.m.

For full on DH, you want geometry, lightweight, bike that can pedal and proper suspension setup (most important IMO). You seem to have your mind made up and like to stir the pot as per usual.

Indoubtable Big S will have a new DH bike with input from SH and BF but Sam wouldn't have signed on if it wasn't a capable DH bike to begin with.

Jan. 11, 2009, 11:52 a.m.

Let's be honest. Sam Hill signed on because it is the big S. More R[HTML_REMOVED]D, more planning and more money. I am sure that he will win on the Demo but guaranteed it is not his first choice in a ride. Big picture says Sam's overall life gets a bit better riding for Specialized.

Jan. 11, 2009, 12:07 p.m.

You seem to have your mind made up and like to stir the pot as per usual.

So let me get this straight. I'm stirring the pot because I refuse to accept the Demo 7-8-9 as a Dh Race bike?

Lol. They weren't even designed to be a race bike. Who's stirring the pot JR?

The fact that you even compare an M6 shows you been riding Demos too long. You might not even like the M6.

I am not sponsored or receiving any kind if frame support. Thats the first time in 10yrs. I am stoked on that. I am able to think more like a consumer. This consumer wants the best DH race bike- not a rad bike.

Takes deep breath……..releases….Demo's are sick bikes and I think I could have a wonderful time riding one so go easy old timer…

C4 Rider Training 2013

c4race.com

Jan. 11, 2009, 12:13 p.m.

The real question is… will 450's be killed off for a 350 class?

My YZ250 bushed out is enough for me in my hare scramble career, but I'd trade it for a 350 four stroke in a heartbeat.

Jan. 11, 2009, 12:18 p.m.

not once did I mention the Demo as being better than any other bike or even mention it. I said to try different bikes and I stick by that. Pick on Jerry day or what ?