Neds Smackdown BC Cup DH

June 3, 2010, 1:51 p.m.

Wot no heckling? Have I got my dates wrong? The Ned's race is this weekend isn't it? So what's the gossip on the track? Who are the favourites to win? (and did they register before it filled up!! lol) Who's done the most training laps so far? Just how far will you go before "touching" down after the drop?
What will the weather do? Does it even make a difference on that track?

I think the pro podium will be between Lazer, Gorz, Skogland and Adriano (didn't he get 2nd on a little bike last year?) assuming Morland doesnt turn up. Not sure which of the women are at Fort Bill so hard to call that one. Glenn or Cory for old man and Bryan or Derek in really old man. Meghan for old lady.

Discuss:

Sustainable will be around forever.

June 3, 2010, 3:44 p.m.

Isn't Bryan now working this weekend?

And Sparkplug was looking fast on the root gap yesterday… ;)

June 3, 2010, 3:49 p.m.

…and how were you looking over the root gap?

June 3, 2010, 3:58 p.m.

Root gap, ha, not a chance! But comfy on the gap at the end now :) Yesterday was a good day to train.

June 3, 2010, 4:08 p.m.

Cory seems to be able to reign it in a bit, Glenn rides/crashes like a loose cannon.

Is Simon coming over?

I was 7th last year, and 3 of the people ahead of me are gone, Enns, Martin, and Clark. The only problem is I think they've been replaced by at least 4 faster guys..

Cory, Simon (?), Bart, Darryl(debatable)..

I still haven't ridden Neds since the race last year.

Is there a Vancouver in Taiwan?! I had no idea!!

Nothing sums up my life's achievements like my stuffed corpse, suplexing a cougar.

June 3, 2010, 4:21 p.m.

Simon is coming

…sounds like the strapline for a movie!

June 3, 2010, 4:25 p.m.

looks about 99% sure i'm out….damn you Hoff for wishing i had to go to work…bastard.

June 3, 2010, 4:45 p.m.

I don't know about any smacktalk coming from us ladies - its actually kind of pathetic the way we practice together, share our lines and encourage each other down the course!

June 3, 2010, 4:51 p.m.

I don't know about any smacktalk coming from us ladies - its actually kind of pathetic the way we practice together, share our lines and encourage each other down the course!

I think it's part of getting old - us really old men can't even practice the track unless there's at least two competitors present to share lines with.

June 3, 2010, 4:53 p.m.

i can't even remember my lines let alone share them….

June 3, 2010, 4:57 p.m.

looks about 99% sure i'm out….damn you Hoff for wishing i had to go to work…bastard.

sorryoiu tohyg hear that Bryankhhvuih… oh sorry, difficult to type while celebrating! ;) You get to drop two so I wouldnt worry too much!

June 3, 2010, 5:02 p.m.

i can't even remember my lines let alone share them….

At Nanaimo I got almost all the way down then got totally confused and wasn't sure if I was at the top or the bottom of the track! I'm almost certain it's not related to age…..

watch this

June 3, 2010, 8:39 p.m.

Oh man I can't beleive you posted a link to pinkbike.
they have racing coverage over there!

June 3, 2010, 10:54 p.m.

I think the pro podium will be between Lazer, Gorz, Skogland and Adriano (didn't he get 2nd on a little bike last year?) assuming Morland doesnt turn up. Not sure which of the women are at Fort Bill so hard to call that one.

My money is on Gorz but Kenny Smith is probably wanting revenge so you can't count him out. Pro Women, I figure Rebecca McQueen. Old guys, I don't think Cory got registered so I gotta go with Simon, Eric or Boucher, we'll see. Really old guys, since Bryan won't be there I figure Jeff or Beatty. Old ladies, since Denise is doing timing, I will have to go with Karaleen or Meghan but I just can't count out Krusher or Penny, I suppose it could be any of them. Might have to set up a spy cam on course to decide who I will go with there.

hol-ee shit but that's a big hole :eek:

June 3, 2010, 11:04 p.m.

who's riding on Sat?

Is there a Vancouver in Taiwan?! I had no idea!!

Nothing sums up my life's achievements like my stuffed corpse, suplexing a cougar.