looking for training partners and carpools for 2010

Jan. 12, 2010, 5:49 p.m.

Hi everyone, I'm new to this board as well as the BC area and have left my solid group of riding and racing buddies back in the states. I would like to start riding and training with locals here in the area who are semi serious about racing. Don't get me wrong, I don't plan on making DH racing my career, but my goals for the year are to bump up to Pro class after a few solid places in expert so I'm no slouch. I live in Coquitlam so I have been mainly riding Eagle and have made a couple trips to the Woodlot and Burke, but I'm interested in finding some more DH race type trails in the area and I don't mind driving a bit.

I have been compiling my race schedule for this year and was curious who else is interested in racing any of these. Carpooling is always a great way to save gas money and meet people who like to race as well as ride.

I guess I'm just curious to see who is serious about racing here and wants to train and who is interested in carpooling to these events.

My current schedule is looking like this:

March
27-28, NWC #1, Port Angeles, WA.

April
15-18, Sea Otter Classic, Monterey, CA
24-25, NWC #2, Port Angeles, WA

May
1-2, Race the Ranch DH, Kamloops, BC
8-9, Sunshine Coast DH or Unicorn 5000, Kamloops (Which is a better coarse?)
22-23, OBB DH, Nanaimo, BC
29-30, Island DH, Hammerfest

June
5-6, North Shore DH, North Van, BC
12-13, NWC #3, Port Angeles, WA
19-20 Arduum DH, Mission ,BC
26-27, Fluidride Cup, Mt Hood, OR

July
3-4, Bear Mountain DH, Mission, BC
10-11, Fluidride Cup, Mt Hood, OR
24-25, Gear Jammer DH, Squammish or NWC #4, Port Angeles (Gear Jammer is shown on a Friday, if that's the case I will go to PA)
31-1, Mt Washington DH, Mt Washington, BC

August
7-8/ 14-15 Crankworx
28-30, Golden State cup, TBA (if it's close enough) or BC Cup Finals at Kicking Horse

September
25-26, Fluidride Cup Finals, Mt Hood, OR

You can reply here or just shoot me a PM if you're interested.

Jimmy

My Team From San Luis Obispo, CA
SLOtothebone.wordpress.com

My Dirtbag Team in BC
The B-Team

B-Team :heart:'s You

Jan. 13, 2010, 7:01 a.m.

Semi serious :lol:

Jan. 13, 2010, 8:45 a.m.

There are a couple of "semi-serious" DHers in the Coquitlam area. PM sent.

Biking: As addictive as cocaine, twice as expensive!

:safrica: - :canada:

Jan. 13, 2010, 5:26 p.m.

The only thing I'm serious about is drinking lots of beer and having fun riding my bike. That's why the B-team:heart:'s me. I may do 4 races this year so obviously I'm not serious about racing but I'd be able to show you those dh courses in mission we were talking about when conditions improve. And the race in roberts creek in early may is awesome fun, that's where I'll be. Hopefully less hungover than last year though!

Jan. 13, 2010, 5:47 p.m.

Be wary of any "secret Formula" protein drinks offered by Synchro the Trainer.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

Jan. 13, 2010, 8:52 p.m.

Semi serious :lol:

Yeah, I guess after re-reading my post I guess I have stepped up to serious with all those races. What I meant to say is I don't plan on quitting my day job to go pro any time soon, but I do enjoy racing as I am competative in nature. Plus I have a team back home so the more race results I post up for the team the better.

My Dirtbag Team in BC
The B-Team

Jan. 13, 2010, 10:06 p.m.

Where to find info on NWC - presumably this is a series thats replacing the Fluiride races that were in PA last year? Those are supposed to be some super fun races!

Vuke, I'm pretty sure the Gearjammer is not on a Friday - its always been on the weekend in the past, so most likely a typo.

Jan. 13, 2010, 10:26 p.m.

Where to find info on NWC - presumably this is a series thats replacing the Fluiride races that were in PA last year? Those are supposed to be some super fun races!

http://www.nwcup.com/

Fluidride is still happening in 2010, but there will only be four races, 3 at Mt Hood and one in Idaho. PA decided to break away from Fluidride this year to start their own thing. I only went to the last Fluidride Race last year which was at Mt Hood, but the videos I've seen of PA look pretty awesome. Should be some sweet races for sure.

My Dirtbag Team in BC
The B-Team

Jan. 14, 2010, 2:22 a.m.

PA decided to break away from Fluidride this year to start their own thing.

I hope they keep a decent timing system for the races though. I kinda liked going to PA and seeing some amazingly fast racing.
:crybaby:

Jan. 14, 2010, 8:19 a.m.

I'm in Kelowna, but I'm looking for people to hook up with to travel to the two Island BC Cups..

PM me

Jan. 14, 2010, 9:45 a.m.

For what it's worth: I'll be in Port Angeles from August 25th until October 10th. I used to live there for a year as a foreign exchange student and helped building a few of those trails. It's an amazing place to ride and definitely worth checking out, even if it's not a race day.

If any of you guys will be around that area in that time or heading to any races, let me know. I'm not fast by any means, I won't have a car, I won't have a lot of money to spend but I'll bring my bike with me and I'd love to ride as much as possible during the time I'm over in Port Angeles and the PNW.

Jan. 14, 2010, 10:13 a.m.

Lots of people around to train with I methinks. If you are heading out to the Valley to ride ever, send me a PM. I am in the same boat as Philly in the sense that I dig racing but crushing beers and having a good time is more my forte than being too competitive with the field. Just want to beat team members for bragging rights!

Jan. 17, 2010, 9:31 p.m.

Are you the one that has been training DH on the Academy trail on Eagle?

Jan. 17, 2010, 10:09 p.m.

not sure what the academy trail is. I've been riding Randy's and that newer one down to the water tank lately. I think I met you and Tobin a few weeks ago at the top of Massage. I was on the Chameleon Hardtail SS.

My Dirtbag Team in BC
The B-Team

Jan. 17, 2010, 11:44 p.m.

A friend of mine and I are looking to try our hand(s) at the bc cup races this year! Planning on trying to hit them all.

(not anywhere near as serious as you obviously, but I'm sure we'll be looking to carpool with people when the time comes. cheers)

Bicycles!