Halloween Fiver

Oct. 22, 2015, 2:13 p.m.

Who doesn't love Halloween, bikes and costumes?

We're putting on a special Halloween Fiver on Fromme.
Saturday October 31st.
It will be a rolling start with a one hour window as we've used on our weekend night Fiver's. Start any time between 10am to 11am.

Costumes are highly encouraged.

We're planning two course options. The one course will match our more typical style and level of trails used in previous Fivers/Toonies. The second course will be stepping it up to ride some classic old school technical.

If all goes according to plan we'll release the courses Friday October 23rd to allow time for people to pre-ride.

Remember must be an NSMBA member to participate.

Oct. 22, 2015, 3:33 p.m.

I'm dressing up like Wade

Oct. 22, 2015, 4:24 p.m.

Also anyone that pre paid for the season is covered for this one.

We will apply the other 5 bucks to next year, or if you really really need it refunded we can work that out.

Oct. 23, 2015, 10:35 a.m.

Nice Brian…may want to think about closing parking lot to racers so we don't have tons of cars driving up and down with full lot. Stop the insantiy bias in its' tracks for those rolling in at 10:30 thinking "for sure there will still be room in the lot…"

Oct. 23, 2015, 1:27 p.m.

Nice Brian…may want to think about closing parking lot to racers so we don't have tons of cars driving up and down with full lot. Stop the insantiy bias in its' tracks for those rolling in at 10:30 thinking "for sure there will still be room in the lot…"

Won't really be able to close it. But we'll remind people via our promotion that the parking lot will be busy and to plan accordingly.

Oct. 23, 2015, 1:36 p.m.

Course A:

Floppy - Upper Griffen - Pile of Rocks - 7th - Leopard - Crinkum Crankum - Kirkford

Course B:

Floppy - Upper Griffen - Pile of Rocks - Bookwus - Grannies - Digger

You get your choice of the mostly freshly buffed out 7th side or old school tech.

Please please ride the old school tech cautiously and in control. More than a few little sections on this that isn't "racing". Remember it's just a fun Fiver please don't get hurt.

Oct. 23, 2015, 4:32 p.m.

Awesome! Some new trails to try. If it's wet, that final leg will be exciting.

Are Bookwus, Grannies and Digger all separate stages or is it one big, long stage?

Oct. 23, 2015, 4:42 p.m.

Awesome! Some new trails to try. If it's wet, that final leg will be exciting.

Are Bookwus, Grannies and Digger all separate stages or is it one big, long stage?

Broken into separate stages.

http://www.trailforks.com/route/halloween-fiver-course-a/

http://www.trailforks.com/route/halloween-fiver-course-b/

The Floppy-Griffen stage and Pile o Rocks are the same for both courses, then you get to decide.

If someone wanted they could actually ride all of A then hustle back up and ride the Bookwus-Grannies-Digger portion of B.

Oct. 28, 2015, 5:34 p.m.

Oh my. Pre-rode the gnar line in today's rain and got worked. Lots of walking. Now I remember how hard the classic "shore" was.

Racing is a relative term. Course B is definitely for fun and is almost a flat pedal candidate with the weather forecast, wet roots and old wood skinnies over logs. If you can just cruise each trail and aim to clear every stunt you'll be an all-star.

Just a word of warning to be careful on this one on saturday. Different beast than last weekend's dry conditions.

Lots of short committments at least with the steep section near top of diggers being the only line of high consequence if you let the brakes go.

Oct. 28, 2015, 5:44 p.m.

I prerode the gnar line on Sunday and mangled my leg pretty good on a fucky Bookwus turn. Be careful out there!

Oct. 28, 2015, 5:46 p.m.

I like the idea of racing the gnar course, but scared myself pretty good pre-riding it. In the wet, it will be a different ballgame altogether. Decisions…

Oct. 28, 2015, 9:08 p.m.

Oh my. Pre-rode the gnar line in today's rain and got worked. Lots of walking. Now I remember how hard the classic "shore" was.

Racing is a relative term. Course B is definitely for fun and is almost a flat pedal candidate with the weather forecast, wet roots and old wood skinnies over logs. If you can just cruise each trail and aim to clear every stunt you'll be an all-star.

Just a word of warning to be careful on this one on saturday. Different beast than last weekend's dry conditions.

Lots of short committments at least with the steep section near top of diggers being the only line of high consequence if you let the brakes go.

That's the best kind of trails and riding.

Shit your pants shore is what keeps me riding.

Oct. 29, 2015, 10:05 a.m.

If someone wanted they could actually ride all of A then hustle back up and ride the Bookwus-Grannies-Digger portion of B.

that sounds like a fine plan. rode the b's on the weekend. don't think i've ever been on grannies previously. may have ridden digger in the old days. some neat stuff in there (and a few walking bits as well; a leisurely pace will be in order).

Oct. 29, 2015, 10:11 a.m.

Kinda surprised to hear how few people have ridden the classics.

I noticed on someone's pre-ride Strava/trailforks that after upper Digger they cut back across St. Mary's to climb back to the BP.

We'll be going all the way down to the road.

As said the B route isn't really intended as "racing". Just a fun ride option. It will be spicy with the slick roots.

Glad I put on some fresh sticky rubber last night.

Oct. 30, 2015, 9:47 p.m.

Looks like it's just Course A.