Good DH Training Runs

Feb. 18, 2005, 8:12 a.m.

i saw someone has cut corners on c-buster and got pretty upset - its right by concussion corner - the rockface won't kill you to walk it now would you? The best is when people can't make the skinnies on the Gerbil cage then they sidehop into the skunk cabbage section and then try to RIDE through the section/ I mean, wtf? So you fall off - ok - everyone falls sometime. But riding through a BB height swamp?

I digress as those are hardly DH training runs

Feb. 18, 2005, 8:20 a.m.

Lee did I ever tell you about the time I came across a couple groms actually removing some deadfall I had placed on grannies so they could ride the corner. when Questioned they looked at me and said " Its too hard to ride it over there"

Speaking of good DH runs Cabin Snakes is a wicked run. probably my fave speed run in the lower mainland.

Feb. 18, 2005, 10:21 a.m.

Originally posted by synchro
now here we have a perfect example of the attitude that's killing the shore. it's all about me and let the other guy fix it. if you can ride two hours per week than you can do at least 1 hourn of trailwork or some type of advocacy work per month.

Oh god:rolleyes:

You have no idea what I've done, where or when. You don't know my background or where I come from. Very lame.

Feb. 18, 2005, 11:17 a.m.

omg what a huge bitch fest.

on a non-related note:
if you dont want people cutting corners, dont dick around, build a fucking railing. otherwise its going to happen.

Feb. 18, 2005, 11:34 a.m.

Originally posted by pete
**omg what a huge bitch fest.

on a non-related note:
if you dont want people cutting corners, dont dick around, build a fucking railing. otherwise its going to happen. **

pete i pretty much did build a railing on C-buster and it still got taken apart. It must have been quite the job taking it apart as we used nails. Bill - krazy karpentar - woodlot guy told me the same story about Woodlot Gold and the Krazy Karpentar too. They built really good ways to keep corners from getting cut and people still did,

On another note, I think the new Cypress trails will be good dh training runs. Mystery DH in Cypress is too i guess since it will be logged anyway. zed correct me if Im wrong but 19th hole is due to be logged in 2 years so thats a good dh run too.

Feb. 18, 2005, 12:20 p.m.

Originally posted by statix
**OK… we'll play the self-centered i can ride wherever i want card.

it's exactly like the CBC poachers… there is no difference, these are the same people.

i honestly do not think that we can reach them, though i would like to hear suggestions. **

Totally agree. :)

Idiots are causing problems. Skill isn't a factor in being an idiot. Neither is wheelbase.

Feb. 18, 2005, 12:21 p.m.

I hear ya Lee, and I'm completely on your side.

"e-farting", :lol: ! Nice . :)

Feb. 18, 2005, 3:13 p.m.

Originally posted by Wayne Parsons
**Oh god:rolleyes:

You have no idea what I've done, where or when. You don't know my background or where I come from. Very lame. **

no i don't have any idea of what you've done. if you have done lots of work great, i really appreciate it. my comment wasn't directly aimed at you but all the people that have the "i don't have time to help, i only have time to ride" mentality. i can only go by what you've said here and it led me to a certain conclusion which now appears to have been wrong. sorry man.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Feb. 18, 2005, 5:40 p.m.

Originally posted by LeeLau
zed correct me if Im wrong but 19th hole is due to be logged in 2 years so thats a good dh run too.

What are you talking about? There are NO trails in Squamish. NONE. (please ride Ned's til its a 6' ditch)

Feb. 19, 2005, 7:08 a.m.

Originally posted by Zedbra
What are you talking about? There are NO trails in Squamish. NONE. (please ride Ned's til its a 6' ditch)

hmm i guess you haven't been up lately, its now 73" deep at parts.:P

so gimmme the goods:P

Feb. 19, 2005, 7:16 p.m.

Wow after reading this I'm glad I moved back to the Island.

After today I can honestly say Courtenay is going to have one of the finest if not THE finest DH runs in BC. Some quality stuff coming soon. Lets just say today I was totally blown away, I can't even explain.

Feb. 19, 2005, 9:10 p.m.

darren, ned's is a designated intermediate run (but you probably know that anyway) and should be ridden that way. the work that will be done is primarily to fix drainage and eroison problems and then to slow the trail down a bit. itn will still be fast and fun, just not dh fast. the shore definitely needs a dh style run (one is potentially in the works) but i don't think that ned's is the best place for it

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Feb. 19, 2005, 9:20 p.m.

Originally posted by synchro
darren, ned's is a designated intermediate run (but you probably know that anyway) and should be ridden that way. the work that will be done is primarily to fix drainage and eroison problems and then to slow the trail down a bit. itn will still be fast and fun, just not dh fast. the shore definitely needs a dh style run (one is potentially in the works) but i don't think that ned's is the best place for it

Agreed in full Mark. You'll have to pay us a visit here to ride some goods. This DH run is sick sick sick.

Feb. 23, 2005, 3:01 a.m.

You can ride on Cypress ? Can someone post all the directions to all the trails so I can bring my big bike up there and cut all the corners? I hate corners, they slow me down when I am going way fast dood.

Squamish…They have bikes there? I thought Squamishwas for climbing ?

:???:

Dec 2006 photo contest winner "Best Ass Shot"

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

Feb. 23, 2005, 6:04 a.m.

All y'all bitching about trails getting beaten by hacks……go look at a DH course after a race weekend.

the corners get beaten by the good riders railing and pressing into the turns as well

Fast or slow,dirt gets hurt…..

Pastor of Muppets