Garbo DH and Air DH spectating?

July 2, 2011, 8 p.m.

So I've been to Crankworx to watch Slopestyle several times, but never to watch the DH races.

I'll be up there to check out the Garbo DH and Air DH race days…but I am looking for suggestions on the best spectating locations for both events?

What do you recommend? Reps for good recos!

July 3, 2011, 8:15 a.m.

IIRC i don't think you can get up into Garbo (on the chair) unless you have a racer plate. Don't know about hiking up?

Pick somewhere that there are a couple of line choices, or a nice wide open section, or a section you really struggle with.

July 4, 2011, 8:46 p.m.

IIRC i don't think you can get up into Garbo (on the chair) unless you have a racer plate. Don't know about hiking up?

Pick somewhere that there are a couple of line choices, or a nice wide open section, or a section you really struggle with.

You can take the Gondola and walk down.

A lot of people hang out on Monkey Hands to watch and cheer the end of the race. You can hear the announcers and listen for times too.

-KT

"Jesus Christ, This should be an event motherfcker, Chinese downhill fcking slalom" - DO'D on the Crankworx berm busting session on the slalom course

July 4, 2011, 8:55 p.m.

You can take the Gondola and walk down.
-KT

Cool, though TBH not racing when i had the chance was the dumbest decision ever.

July 4, 2011, 10:04 p.m.

pretty sure you can still go up garbo without a plate, you just can't ride down the course obviously, the Rock Drop on Aline is a good spot, as is the triple section before the shale and the last jumps before the GLC…..

mtbskierdad

July 7, 2011, 12:31 a.m.

Thanks guys :)