enduro world series thread

Aug. 7, 2013, 7:56 p.m.

Defo rode 4 kings last year on a 29er with a 1x10 drivetrain, not too many climbing problems. This year should be slightly easier with 1x10 on a 27.5 Altitude. Still trying to decide on DH tires…..2 ply could be the way.

Aug. 7, 2013, 8:32 p.m.

You missed it, they split duties, one did Valnord and one did Colorado.
http://dirt.mpora.com/news/dirttv-enduro-world-series-colorado-recap.html

Same thing happening for Crunkwerx, of them out here and one across the country in PQ.

Pretty sure I read that Sven Martin is planning to be in PQ so we'll get the second string again like in Colorado. A shame as Sven does the best coverage with his slide shows and audio.

Sven was on a Seb Kemp EWS preride tour the other day so he should be covering it.

"I do like how you generally bring an open-minded and positive vibe to the threads you participate in"

- Morgman

Aug. 7, 2013, 8:51 p.m.

have fun with that single ring on south and alpine flanks…..ouch

those arrogant single ringers..wait until you are 40+ have your knees call me…

Aug. 7, 2013, 9:12 p.m.

Sven was on a Seb Kemp EWS preride tour the other day so he should be covering it.

The world of twitter and instagram show Mr Martin out in Quebec. I think he came here from Colorado with Anaka then off to Quebec.

Aug. 7, 2013, 10:16 p.m.

Its only two climbs, whats the big deal;) Oh, right, trails I've never ridden before. Switched to 1x10 with a 32 this week too.

Pretty cool day up on the mountain yesterday. Played the fanboy and chatted up Clementz, Keene, Anneke, Chausson, Graves, and unfortunately came upon Voullioz on TOW with his downed riding partner. Hurt pretty bad, helped in stabilizing and loading him onto the Rhino to be taken to the heli, poor guy.

I've been running Butcher Controls but thats definitely not enough. Is the Maxxis EXO casing equivalent to the SX?

Aug. 7, 2013, 10:21 p.m.

The world of twitter and instagram show Mr Martin out in Quebec. I think he came here from Colorado with Anaka then off to Quebec.

Oh fair enough.

"I do like how you generally bring an open-minded and positive vibe to the threads you participate in"

- Morgman

Aug. 7, 2013, 10:23 p.m.

Its only two climbs, whats the big deal;) Oh, right, trails I've never ridden before. Switched to 1x10 with a 32 this week too.

Pretty cool day up on the mountain yesterday. Played the fanboy and chatted up Clementz, Keene, Anneke, Chausson, Graves, and unfortunately came upon Voullioz on TOW with his downed riding partner. Hurt pretty bad, helped in stabilizing and loading him onto the Rhino to be taken to the heli, poor guy.

I've been running Butcher Controls but thats definitely not enough. Is the Maxxis EXO casing equivalent to the SX?

EXO and SX are pretty much the same. If you are buying new tires go full DH rear and EXO/SX front. Unless you've had some drastic change since we rode last year you'll have no issues with the extra weight on the climbs. Flats will ruin your day.

Aug. 7, 2013, 11:07 p.m.

Oh fair enough.

Maybe he would rather be riding in Whistler. Adding some Whistler shots into his MSA sideshow.

Aug. 7, 2013, 11:59 p.m.

How many people are racing this course? Roughly?

Sort of surprised at some of the trail choices. Can I assume WORCA is fully on board for the beat down coming?

Good luck to you all racing. I might pick a choice spot and grab some pics.

Aug. 8, 2013, 7:49 a.m.

Plenty if small bikes out yesterday on the mountain with dudes and dudettes rocking full faces.

mtbskierdad

Aug. 8, 2013, 8:06 a.m.

How many people are racing this course? Roughly?

Sort of surprised at some of the trail choices. Can I assume WORCA is fully on board for the beat down coming?

Good luck to you all racing. I might pick a choice spot and grab some pics.

WORCA's been consulted throughout and is receiving a significant amount of monies for post race trail work.

Aug. 8, 2013, 8:17 a.m.

74 masters men! http://www.crankworx.com/whistler/downloads/open-enduro/Whistler_Enduro_Start_Order.pdf

Aug. 8, 2013, 8:41 a.m.

I predict top 25 finish for our NSMBA President in the Pro category.

And maybe a skinsuit.

This trip to Kelowna was definately an undertaking - Liam and I had been planning this project for 24 hours. We worked really hard to pull out all the stops in this video. We had slo-mo goggle shots; time lapses; pedal flips; outrageous product shots; unloading and loading the bike; walking through the field with your hand in wheat. At the end of the day this trip was all about just getting out and riding with all my friends.

www.letsridebikes.ca

Aug. 8, 2013, 9:27 a.m.

Are riders required to wear full face helmets throughout the entire race (including the transition stages)? Couldn't imagine wearing one of those up the climbs during the 30+ degree heat.

Full face is required for the timed race sections. On the untimed sections a helmet is required, most everyone will bring along an xc helmet for those sections. Tuck the XC lid into your backpack for the race sections.

Aug. 8, 2013, 11:57 a.m.

http://offtrackpodcast.podomatic.com/entry/2013-08-08T11_14_50-07_00

Great discussion on Enduro with Fabien, Jerome, Mosley, Anaka Martin, Chris Ball, and Seb on Tristan's OffTrack Podcast.