enduro world series thread

Aug. 11, 2013, 10:09 p.m.

that was a pretty awesome day for the longest mtb ride of my life….

Aug. 11, 2013, 11:01 p.m.

That looked like a ton of fun. I'll definitely try to get on the start list for next year.

Aug. 12, 2013, 8:31 a.m.

Nice work Flip!

Aug. 12, 2013, 8:48 a.m.

wow, still buzzing, and really sore today! Such a great day of riding….the vibe in the masters class was awesome, good folks, no issues with passing or anything, chasing Dave Harder all day was tough work, he had me on every stage but I pulled off the final stage victory which shocked the hell out of me, just wanted to maintain for the overall final podium, but pushed hard and rode clean….very stoked! Really good riding with you the past few days, brian!

Aug. 12, 2013, 9:46 a.m.

Good interview with Fabien on Pinkbike.

http://m.pinkbike.com/news/Fabien-Barel-In-The-Penalty-Box-Five-Minutes-For-Shuttling.html

Aug. 12, 2013, 9:47 a.m.

Well done Todd. Way to bring it home for the local riders.

We watched the craziness go by on AM/PM near the bottom right hand turn after the last rock roll just before it goes flat-er to the FSR.. Some serious skill on display there. One wheeling it through corners and big airs of the rock rolls and lips and berms.

We also saw some vicious crashes. The big stump just before the turn right in particular wreaked havoc on people coming of the rock hot. One guy in particular I thought was going to be dead. He came over the rock roll awkward, tboned right into the stump and bailed ass over tea kettle narrowly avoiding trees and smaller stumps landing past the turn in the middle of the trail. He probably went 20' in the air. The noise on impact was terrible. All the air leaving his body. He eventually got up and rode away, but I can't imagine he finished.

Great event and super impressive to watch. Hopefully the trails will recover.

Aug. 12, 2013, 9:56 a.m.

sounds like Barel was caught cheating and while the rules call for a DQ for shuttling he was given a 5 min time penalty……

so according to fab, the shuttling he was sactioned for was driving from where he was staying in creekside to function junction, to practice stages 3 and 4. i imagine they clarified at the meeting he missed that shuttling was considered to encompass any type of driving, but that's a new one to me

http://www.pinkbike.com/news/Fabien-Barel-In-The-Penalty-Box-Five-Minutes-For-Shuttling.html

he also claims that he was honest about his actions when confronted, but that others doing the same thing were confronted and lied about their actions after seeing what happened to him…

"Nobody really gives a shit that you don't like the thing that you have no firsthand experience with." Dave

Aug. 12, 2013, 10:25 a.m.

Driving your car from Creekside to Function to go ride AM/PM [HTML_REMOVED] Pura Vida is even lamer then proper shuttling.

Aug. 12, 2013, 11:59 a.m.

How did the boys on the Chromags make out?

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Aug. 12, 2013, 12:10 p.m.

Driving your car from Creekside to Function to go ride AM/PM [HTML_REMOVED] Pura Vida is even lamer then proper shuttling.

Sure but what should have he done? Should he have driven to the Village and started the loop from there? If he started the loop from the hotel in Creekside would he have received a penalty also as is closer to the trail head than the village?

Aug. 12, 2013, 1:12 p.m.

How did the boys on the Chromags make out?

Full results
http://www.crankworx.com/whistler/downloads/2013/Enduro_Final.pdf

J was 19th and Sean was 35th in our oldmanduro class.

Aug. 12, 2013, 1:21 p.m.

Sure but what should have he done? Should he have driven to the Village and started the loop from there? If he started the loop from the hotel in Creekside would he have received a penalty also as is closer to the trail head than the village?

Wonder how many racers coming up from Vancouver hung a left at Function junction for a quick preride Friday evening before heading into Whistler? I didn't race but I could have easily done that in pure ignorance!

Aug. 12, 2013, 1:55 p.m.

thnx to buddie for ratting him out…ouchie…

Aug. 12, 2013, 2 p.m.

J was 19th and Sean was 35th in our oldmanduro class.

phelps didn't race?

"Nobody really gives a shit that you don't like the thing that you have no firsthand experience with." Dave

Aug. 12, 2013, 2:43 p.m.

phelps didn't race?

No he wasn't supposed to. I ran into him at Alpha lake Saturday late afternoon, he was taking his little girl swimming. I don't think a big marketed race like that is really his thing.