Cyclocross

Sept. 13, 2006, 6:27 p.m.

Ok, I just don't get it. Anyone care to explain where it came from/the point of it?

FAMILYBIKERIDE
823/Ringle rear wheel FS!
http://bb.nsmb.com/showthread.php?t=103825

i went black over two years ago and haven't gone back

Sept. 13, 2006, 7:44 p.m.

Ok, I just don't get it. Anyone care to explain where it came from/the point of it?

It was started in Europe as a off season training tool for road racers.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

Sept. 13, 2006, 9:15 p.m.

Ok, I just don't _get_the point of it?

Charging through fire roads at terminal velocity, navigating easy singletrack, hitting all the paths and shortcuts that you avoid on your road bike. Way faster than a XC bike for the above uses (except singletrack) and on the road.

Similar rhetorical question: What's the point of a hardtail?

"The song of a bird…We used to ask Ennesson to do bird calls. He could do them. How he could do them, and when he perished, along with him went all those birds…"-Return from the Stars, Stanislaw Lem

"We just walk around, and sometimes we go out and dance, and then we listen to the environment."-Ralf Hutter, Kraftwerk

Oct. 16, 2006, 8:40 p.m.

It's been around for a long time.

Think before mountain bikes.

"X is for x-ray. If you've been bikin' and you haven't had an x-ray, you ain't goin' hard enough." - Bob Roll

Oct. 17, 2006, 8:41 p.m.

Its for roadies who are to proud to ride a mtb so they beefed up there road bikes and called them cyclocross bikes.MTB for weanies

only 35 but still beat the 30-39 BC cup Champion 4 out of 6 races

Oct. 17, 2006, 9:50 p.m.

Its for roadies who are to proud to ride a mtb so they beefed up there road bikes and called them cyclocross bikes.MTB for weanies

Says the mountain biker…..

It's actually alot of fun. It makes simple things like riding along a fire road, and flat single track intersting. Where as on a mountain bike it's kinda slow, and ussually you're just riding the road to get to the good stuff, Ie downhill.

"X is for x-ray. If you've been bikin' and you haven't had an x-ray, you ain't goin' hard enough." - Bob Roll

Oct. 17, 2006, 9:59 p.m.

Its for roadies who are to proud to ride a mtb so they beefed up there road bikes and called them cyclocross bikes.

Cyclocross predates MTB by at least 60 years. 'Nuff said.

Try learning something instead of being a hater. (Yes, I know it's hard.)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyclocross

"The song of a bird…We used to ask Ennesson to do bird calls. He could do them. How he could do them, and when he perished, along with him went all those birds…"-Return from the Stars, Stanislaw Lem

"We just walk around, and sometimes we go out and dance, and then we listen to the environment."-Ralf Hutter, Kraftwerk

Oct. 18, 2006, 5:38 a.m.

I do know that i rode my first cyclocross race in 83. 12 years before i got into MTB.
I just like getting under the skin of roadies.

LOOSEN UP

Oct. 18, 2006, 11:35 a.m.

LOOSEN UP

Sure, when you stop being a troll.

Oct. 18, 2006, 11:39 a.m.

Hey Johnie, I have a beautiful cyclocross frame for you to build up and race this year. lol

Oct. 18, 2006, 3:15 p.m.

What do you mean by troll?
Cyclocross kinda sucks(hurdles in a bike race,come on).I think I might do a couple of races this year though because roadies really like having me around.
Wayne would the frame look good with bar streamers on it

Oct. 18, 2006, 4:50 p.m.

hurdles in a bike race,come on

How are they any different from a portage or nasty rock garden section in any other kind of race? They're all obstacles designed to test a rider's handling skills.

Where cyclocross can really go fk itself is the exhorbitant $25 entry fee + $10 insurance for the 30-minute** newbie races on Saturday at Vanier Park: http://www.krebscycleclub.com/krebs/events

Mighty Riders
On The Rivet Cyclewear
Vallie Components
Novex Clean Delivery Solutions

Oct. 18, 2006, 5:41 p.m.

portage?

Oct. 18, 2006, 6:23 p.m.

TROLL i get it Three billy goats gruff,dont cross my bridge and all that stuff.I did not really know what a Troll was.I guess im kinda like a tall Troll sorta.You can still losen up though I would'nt stop you from crossing a bridge.
Vanier hugh? if i can find a bike i will be there with bells on,Well no bells but some nice polyester pants.
LOOOOOOK OUT 'C' CLASS ROADIES HERE I COME

Oct. 18, 2006, 11:06 p.m.

john… sigh

"troll

1. A large, brutish creature of European myth, often lacking in intelligence. Sometimes compared to the Japanese oni.

2. A dumbass who makes idiotic posts in message boards newsgroups for the sole purpose of pissing people off, often lacking in intelligence. Sometimes compared to people who pass you by on the sidewalk then grab you in inappropriate places.

1. "AAAAAAHH, it's a troll!"
"Protect the women and children! Grab your torches!"
2. "AAAAAAHH, it's a troll!"
"****head… we banned him five times and he keeps making new accounts about how he pwns all and that he[HTML_REMOVED][HTML_REMOVED][HTML_REMOVED][HTML_REMOVED][HTML_REMOVED][HTML_REMOVED] ;[HTML_REMOVED][HTML_REMOVED][HTML_REMOVED][HTML_REMOVED][HTML_REMOVED][HTML_REMOVED] [HTML_REMOVED][HTML_REMOVED][HTML_REMOVED][HTML_REMOVED][HTML_REMOVED][HTML_REMOVED][HTML_REMOVED] gt;j00!"
"

btw…please tell me you'll wear spandex :D forget the poly pants, that's soooo last year