Cycling BC AGM - the state of racing in BC

Dec. 22, 2012, 7:09 p.m.

I Just got that email too….so…what happens next?

Loud Hubs Save Lives

Dec. 22, 2012, 7:20 p.m.

The board does not require a president to function. Per the Cycling BC bylaws in the absence of the president the VP Road [HTML_REMOVED] Track (now Tim Abercrombie since the Dec. 2nd AGM) takes on the president's responsibilities (which I think we can also safely assume to mean in the absence of a president), although it does not make any current director the "interim President" per se. In other words, life goes on with the remaining directors each having an equal say in voting matters when it comes to board decisions.

We have already started to discuss procedures for repopulating the board to fill open positions, but may wait until the bylaw amendments from the recent AGM to split the Track part from Road [HTML_REMOVED] Track are filed with the registrar to do so.

In the meanwhile, work goes on at the board level. Lots of it. Last couple of weeks since the AGM have been very busy behind the scenes. Hopefully more information forthcoming soon.

Thanks everyone for your support along the way.

Dec. 31, 2012, 11:12 a.m.

Great work to see the board making tough choices! Right on.

But, how does this w0rk, I read in the bylaws the CEO has this authority and he's MIA?Did you let the CEO go? Do you even have the authority to do this? There's rumors of 4 staff let go. Who was let go and how will you service us?

http://pedalmag.com/?p=179853[HTML_REMOVED]c

Jan. 2, 2013, 11:33 a.m.

Bump as the last post was sitting in the mod queue for 2 days.

Jan. 6, 2013, 6:58 p.m.

Great work to see the board making tough choices! Right on.

But, how does this w0rk, I read in the bylaws the CEO has this authority and he's MIA?Did you let the CEO go? Do you even have the authority to do this? There's rumors of 4 staff let go. Who was let go and how will you service us?

HR changes at Cycling BC were handled among staff, by staff (in the absence of the CEO an acting senior staff person was appointed).

We'll make sure an updated staff list is posted up to the Cycling BC web site sometime in January. You can expect to find most of the staff exactly where you left them, to assist with memberships, licensing, events, etc.

While the new board is making it a top priority to increase the level of transparency of Cycling BC's operations to members in a general sense, hopefully you can understand that information related to some internal HR items will have remain internal.

Jan. 7, 2013, 1:19 p.m.

HR changes at Cycling BC were handled among staff, by staff (in the absence of the CEO an acting senior staff person was appointed).

We'll make sure an updated staff list is posted up to the Cycling BC web site sometime in January. You can expect to find most of the staff exactly where you left them, to assist with memberships, licensing, events, etc.

While the new board is making it a top priority to increase the level of transparency of Cycling BC's operations to members in a general sense, hopefully you can understand that information related to some internal HR items will have remain internal.

Thanks for staying on top of this Matt. Keep the communication coming.

Jan. 9, 2013, 5:07 p.m.

2013 Silver Star FrostBike: Registration is now LIVE on CCNBikes.com. Sign up fast before the spots are gone. Show your support for DH racing and share this with everyone so other resorts will follow our lead. Winter DH series for 2014!!

Jan. 16, 2013, 9:42 a.m.

My faith in all thats good in the world has been renewed!

http://myemail.constantcontact.com/Cycling-BC-Announces-Reinstatement-of-Provincial-Coach-Richard-Wooles.html?soid=1101253070788[HTML_REMOVED]aid=cgQsSaOoq4w#fblike

Rock on Rich!

C4 Rider Training 2013

Contact me at: [email protected]

I am not so good at returning PM's as some have noticed.

c4race.com