Crankworx Enduro

Feb. 4, 2015, 11:39 p.m.

I'm excited I managed to grab a spot. Been doing this race ever since it turned into and "enduro." I had the white blank screen at 9am on two computers but managed to get the link up before it sold out. I also had no idea the price had jumped that much as I was filling out the forms as fast as possible, pretty steep but its super cool to race at that level even in an amateur category.

I agree with kperras that we need another 4 Kings (4 Aces?). That race was one of the best events I've ever done.

Feb. 5, 2015, 8:32 a.m.

I agree with kperras that we need another 4 Kings (4 Aces?). That race was one of the best events I've ever done.

The Funduro was pretty sweet as well, a fairly big day on some of Whistler's best trails with surprise stages, and a time bonus for cleaning the transition climbs.

Feb. 5, 2015, 12:55 p.m.

How much of the price increase is due to the shitty exchange rate?

Feb. 5, 2015, 6:08 p.m.

Agreed regarding the WORCA races be they Tony's or Clark's. All amazing.

The Pemby Sea to Sky last year was a killer race too. Not quite as epic as the above but a great day out.

"I do like how you generally bring an open-minded and positive vibe to the threads you participate in"

- Morgman

March 6, 2015, 1:57 a.m.

I got a spot again this year - last year I found it pretty tough. The transitions were brutal for me.

Even the hardest UK enduro's arn't even close to how tough it was physically. It didn't help being in masters [HTML_REMOVED] there being no water available after the first 3 stages. The rate I was going through it meant I was out way too early.

As we were there on holiday, I only rode stage 1 [HTML_REMOVED] stage 5 before, so riding 2, 3 [HTML_REMOVED] 4 blind was, in hingsight, a really bad idea. I flatted on 4 near the start - I was so wrecked from the transition before, my race was done anyway, so I just rolled down on the rim. I'm quite thankful it happened, because trying to race that stage in the physical condition I was in would have been messy. Still managed to fix it up [HTML_REMOVED] get to 5 on time [HTML_REMOVED] had a blast to the finish.

I'll be a bit more prepared this year, i'm already fitter [HTML_REMOVED] lighter [HTML_REMOVED] I do actually plan on having some practice of the stages this time round. If I could top 20 in Masters, i'd be a happy person :)

Blur 4X - Sunday Factory.

March 6, 2015, 7:15 a.m.

the heat last year was a huge wildcard for sure, but the overall toughness of the day was fully inline and in the spirit of historical Whistler-style events where a huge part of the challenge is making it to the end. Our events aren't like anything else, and nor should they be! Definitely a style all their own and I think that's what makes this place and our events, special.

March 6, 2015, 10:35 a.m.

the heat last year was a huge wildcard for sure, but the overall toughness of the day was fully inline and in the spirit of historical Whistler-style events where a huge part of the challenge is making it to the end. Our events aren't like anything else, and nor should they be! Definitely a style all their own and I think that's what makes this place and our events, special.

:rave:

Preach it brother.

This does remind me I need to contact them to fix the mistake I made in picking the wrong age category.

March 6, 2015, 11:27 a.m.

still pissed i missed getting a spot. grr, i say.

March 6, 2015, 11:47 a.m.

That, and there's always a few who put in a good time on a hard tail

March 6, 2015, 12:53 p.m.

Agree 100%. At the end of the day it's a World Series event, it should be tough. I was pleased to even finish, considering the number of people who dropped out or just didn't make it to the end.

Looking forward to it already :)

July 30, 2015, 8:13 p.m.

As it's happening next week, anyone got any clues as to what tracks are going to be used?

I'm racing in the 30-39 cat if anyone else is :)

July 30, 2015, 9:38 p.m.

trails, in whistler…I've been too immersed in busy work and final wedding prep for this weekend to even think about courses, 3 days on the SSC beginning of next week, then back here Wednesday and getting ready to EWS it looks like, should be fun regardless! I'm in 30-39 as well, and Shirk too

Aug. 4, 2015, 11:20 a.m.

Oh shit it's this week.

Just two rides in 9 weeks would have been a nightmare if we were facing another Crankzilla.

Last year’s race in Whistler went down in the history books as the hardest enduro of all time, earning it the nickname ‘Crankzilla.’ Riders can still expect a big day out, but this year there will be more of an emphasis on fun. With a mixture of lift access and pedal liaisons, riders have just one day to show what they’ve got on the incredible trail network that makes up the world famous Whistler resort.

Sounds like they've dumbed it down. On one side I want to say F U internet they caved and are making it easy, but due to not having ridden much recently I'll take it.

Thinking it's two big lift laps and 3 pedal? We'll find out tonight at 8pm.

Aug. 4, 2015, 11:28 a.m.

you'll be good. def curious how the course will look. they should run the totw stage (i assume they'll still have this) out through creekside. finishing on rds would be a proper knackered run. eliminating that heinous s4 road climb in the heat would be a nice gesture.

Aug. 4, 2015, 11:48 a.m.

I'm in 30-39 as well, and Shirk too

And me!

Yeah, I'm thinking similar total elevation drop to last year, with one of the big climbs replaced with the Creekside Gondola. That'd be perfect, and they're going to want to showcase their new lift, surely?