Canada Cup Finals and BC Cup #5: July 29-30

July 19, 2012, 9:21 a.m.

Have you pre-registered for Pano (Canada Cup Finals and BC Cup #5) yet? Registration numbers are REAL low and the possibility of this race being cancelled is REAL high. So if you're thinking about doing day of…save the race and pre-register!

It doesn

July 22, 2012, 5:45 p.m.

A canada cup final with low numbers. Its almost hard to believe

JDM POWER!

July 23, 2012, 12:50 p.m.

Have you pre-registered for Pano (Canada Cup Finals and BC Cup #5) yet? Registration numbers are REAL low and the possibility of this race being cancelled is REAL high. So if you're thinking about doing day of…save the race and pre-register!

It doesn

Participation numbers have been slowly increasing for the race, but there seems to be a lot of late entries this year. The Canada Cup and BC Cup races as part of the Mad Trapper Weekend are still a go for July 29, 2012!
We encourage those that are interested in registering or looking for more information to visit BikePanorama.com

July 26, 2012, 6:43 p.m.

hopefully nobody is planning to stay and ride on monday as the park is closed mon-wed this year.

July 27, 2012, 11:59 a.m.

hopefully nobody is planning to stay and ride on monday as the park is closed mon-wed this year.

Shit. Really? Guess I should have checked the site before booking.

We booked a condo there for the week after the Western Open. I was hoping to get some laps in the morning before taking the kids to the pool or lake.

July 27, 2012, 6:40 p.m.

yup, a so called cost saving method. .

same issue for some friends who have come out for a week every year for many years. they came out without realizing the new hrs and were really not happy. they will not be coming back.

funny how the golf course loses money every yr but they continually open earlier, stay open longer and dump big money into it. the bike park makes money, but every yr since 2005 they have cut back on staff and hrs of operation

seems like someone at the top does not want biking at the resort, it must cut into summer holiday time????

Aug. 1, 2012, 8:23 a.m.

Anyone have pics from the event posted up yet?

JDM POWER!

Aug. 2, 2012, 2:10 p.m.

Golfers tend to stay in fancy hotels and eat at expenisve restaraunts.
Bikers tent and eat bologna sandwiches.

Aug. 3, 2012, 8:42 p.m.

Golfers tend to stay in fancy hotels and eat at expenisve restaraunts.
Bikers tent and eat bologna sandwiches.

to me it doesn't matter how much people spend, it's how much $ there is on the table when the games over…. so far bike the bike park has been winning the pot but the dealer in the corner office controls the game and he's stacking the odds against the park!

the bike park staff over the years at pano has put blood sweat and tears into the park only to be kicked in the nuts by senior management year after year, this year takes the cake!

can ya tell i'm a bit bitter???LOL

Aug. 6, 2012, 12:46 p.m.

Panorama has a wicked trail system. But i can see that they rely mainly on out of towners to stay a float. Would hate to see it shut down.

JDM POWER!

Aug. 6, 2012, 12:57 p.m.

Do the same people own the golf course, the bike park, and the hotels? Possibly.

If the golf course itself loses money, but the hotels/restaurants/etc. make money from the golfers (who may be traveling with wives/kids in tow) then the golf course itself is just a loss leader.

Aug. 10, 2012, 10:40 a.m.

Yup, same company.

Condos are 30% occupied in the summer, restaraunts(2) are empty except for lunch(that's what happens when you develope a resort where all condos have full kitchens). Every aspect of the resort's summer operation is losing except bike park.
Sad to see a resort with huge potential falling on its face.
You know it's bad when local bikers are buying seasons passes at kicking horse.

Aug. 13, 2012, 11:09 a.m.

I rode there Friday. The park is actually pretty good; they could use a few more trails to keep it interesting for more than one day. This resort would be my go to resort if the bike park was a little better. The pool and water slides kept my kids interested the whole week and the other activities for the kids were awesome too.

I can understand how the restaurants are not doing so hot, it seemed like mostly families up there and like me I doubt they want to go out for dinner every night. They have a ton of potential for families with what they have. If they had some sort of meal packages available I'd definitely be more inclined to go out for meals more often.