Bear Mountain Challenge 2010

June 9, 2010, 11:51 p.m.

Both XC and DH races should be good this year - I've seen lots of guys up practicing the DH, and the XC is buffed.

Bear Mountain Registration

Website here

June 9, 2010, 11:55 p.m.

that sure is a nice bike in the poster.

Is there a Vancouver in Taiwan?! I had no idea!!

Nothing sums up my life's achievements like my stuffed corpse, suplexing a cougar.

June 10, 2010, 9:07 a.m.

that sure is a nice bike in the poster.

at least somebody has used it to its potential.

"It's, like, so much fun."

June 10, 2010, 9:11 a.m.

the only time that bike will get that flat again is if it falls over trailside.

June 10, 2010, 9:13 a.m.

i was just noticing that the chainline looks good.

June 10, 2010, 9:45 a.m.

i was just noticing that the chainline looks good.

yeah, but I bent the rer der so it probably can't shift into that gear any more.

Although it might be offset by the sweet chainstay dent I also added.

Is there a Vancouver in Taiwan?! I had no idea!!

Nothing sums up my life's achievements like my stuffed corpse, suplexing a cougar.

June 10, 2010, 10:37 a.m.

….ahh, it all makes sense now. It took this thread for me to realise where your frame came from. I must be getting old ;)

Sustainable will be around forever.

June 10, 2010, 5:38 p.m.

I've slept with the graphic designer to get the work done for free…..
What some people will do for biking .
When you see the poster at Arduum in person ,you will know what I did was worth it.
Now move along.
g

FVMBA Website

June 23, 2010, 8:32 p.m.

As always still looking for volunteers especially sat july 3.
vol e-mail [email protected]
Thanks to the Bryson racing clan ,after talking to the Jeff ,he reminded me about the closeness of racing and the tribal scene.
The Bear Race committee is working hard , getting voted the #1 race by racers at cycling BC last year is just a little more pressure. I hope Cory is happy Bear continues .
g
Any bets on the Bear record DH time getting broke???
6 year DH record holder Steve Smith
pipe in with the exact time and predictions.

FVMBA Website

June 24, 2010, 2:59 a.m.

gah, i have to register still! theres probably a few people that could break steves record, i'm going to have to through out a 3:42 time for the top racer of the day

hack, riding a dartmoor two6player.

June 24, 2010, 8:34 a.m.

The course is mint. Ewan and Kaulback have been up fixing berms, relipping the jumps and in true Fraser Valley fashion, the course is being raked top to bottom, as of last night it is almost half done. Nice work guys.

hol-ee shit but that's a big hole :eek:

June 24, 2010, 10:26 a.m.

Early bird registration ends Friday, so, if you want to save 10 bux, get on it.

June 24, 2010, 11:24 a.m.

getting voted the #1 race by racers at cycling BC last year is just a little more pressure.

Really? I'm stunned.

I love the track, but I'm amazed that the shuttle problems didn't tarnish Bear's good name! Saturday I spent my entire day in the shuttle line and only got four runs. FOUR RUNS!? Granted I did miss the very first shuttle but I was on the second and didn't stop for anything until the very last one (thank you Cory for talking them into running one more). Four runs? What a shambles.

I am confident this year's going to be different. Gary, tell us how easy it's going to be???

(btw Arduum shuttles were much better this year (despite some problems) and I managed 5 runs AND had lunch on Saturday - good work Dan!)

Sustainable will be around forever.

June 24, 2010, 11:30 a.m.

(btw Arduum shuttles were much better this year (despite some problems) and I managed 5 runs AND had lunch on Saturday - good work Dan!)

As the past organizer of Arduum, I agree, the system that Dan and Karla ran this year was better then anything we tried in the past. They have definitely raised the bar for shuttling at races. We had discussed that system in the past but didn't want to try it figuring more bikes would get damaged, kudos to them, it was amazing.

hol-ee shit but that's a big hole :eek:

June 24, 2010, 12:24 p.m.

I love the track, but I'm amazed that the shuttle problems didn't tarnish Bear's good name! Saturday I spent my entire day in the shuttle line and only got four runs.

was that a shuttle problem? I recall there was a pretty bad injury (knee dislocation?) that closed the course for significant time on Saturday. The organizers can't do much about that.