It's back online here:

http://cyclingbc.net/mtb-on-line-race-entry

July 1, 2010, 11:06 a.m.

Got a chest mount cam of the track yesterday

http://www.pinkbike.com/video/146577/

July 1, 2010, 10:48 p.m.

It's back online here:

http://cyclingbc.net/mtb-on-line-race-entry

I dont see Bear on this page….am I losing it…?

C4 Rider Training 2013

Contact me at: [email protected]

I am not so good at returning PM's as some have noticed.

c4race.com

July 2, 2010, 12:22 a.m.

online registration is now closed. (as of 7:00pm July 1)

July 2, 2010, 3:47 p.m.

What's that? My Daughter LauraR will be at the race?

Feel free to say hello, but remember we're just across the street from the gun club and I can remedy any situation that gets out of hand.

She's actually pretty excited to see what this is all about.

July 2, 2010, 5:28 p.m.

I've registered for the race already but can't get out on saturday for the shuttles, is that ok or do you have to be there for pre-rides? I will be coming early sunday for those ones.

July 2, 2010, 5:39 p.m.

What's that? My Daughter LauraR will be at the race?

Feel free to say hello, but remember we're just across the street from the gun club and I can remedy any situation that gets out of hand.

She's actually pretty excited to see what this is all about.

Was she on a Brodie practicing the DH on Thursday?

iforonewelcome.com

July 2, 2010, 8:59 p.m.

I've registered for the race already but can't get out on saturday for the shuttles, is that ok or do you have to be there for pre-rides? I will be coming early sunday for those ones.

You MUST have two practice runs with your plate mounted in order to race. Without those 2 practice runs, you don't race.

We only run shuttles for 2 hours Sunday morning - having only picked up your plate on Sunday, we'll try to get you on the shuttles ahead of those that have practiced on Saturday, but I can't guarantee you'll make it.

By the way - that's a cycling BC race, enforced by the cycling BC commissar, so we have no say in it.

Alternately, Jolly Rancher takes about 35-45 minutes to hike up.

July 2, 2010, 10:28 p.m.

On the website it says plate pick-up is on sunday am? I can get there saturday to sign-in but with two kids in tow I don't think I can get on the bike. If I get there early sunday (8am) I know I can get two runs in even if I have to hike it. Thanks for your clarification.

July 2, 2010, 11:30 p.m.

On the website it says plate pick-up is on sunday am? I can get there saturday to sign-in but with two kids in tow I don't think I can get on the bike. If I get there early sunday (8am) I know I can get two runs in even if I have to hike it. Thanks for your clarification.

I picked my plate up today. You can get them tomorrow fo sho'

Parking lot punter with a beer belly

July 3, 2010, 12:14 a.m.

Was she on a Brodie practicing the DH on Thursday?

don't think so, that girl was blonde… LauraR is brunette if memory serves.

nearly ran over blondie near the bottom of the course. :eek2:

Check my stuff for sale!

July 3, 2010, 2:45 p.m.

Good day today! The line was long but I managed to get 4 laps in by 2ish which is enough for me today. Lots of people there, but things seemed to be going well enough. Thanks organizers!

I can't help but bitch about the number of people stopped on the course though….is this normal? Laps 2 [HTML_REMOVED] 3 I had to stop for people stopped in the middle of the trail. My 4th lap some kids were hiking up the end of the tech section, end result: my left ribs are pretty f'n sore. Anyone else have issues?

Bicycles!

July 3, 2010, 5:57 p.m.

304 racers DH ,and everyone seems to work like a well oiled machine.
XC race today 89 racers,it ran pretty well with the race and awards ceremony over before 1pm.
Big thanks to all the volunteers ,shuttles ran as good as could be expected,with the extra 20bus and 1ton van, as well as the 2/ 32 passenger buses and trailers. We loaded as fast as we could and ran non stop till the last bus left just after 3:30.
Abbotsford BMX is running the concession with all the money going towards their goal of building a SuperTrack and being the Olympic training center in Canada.
They have raised $180.000 and need another$70K so come out and support BMX and Mtnbiking. Tom's work on the XC course really showed,when you love something and put the love down,it's easy to see.
Thanks to all the volunteers, and racers.
Lots of local XC racers I knew and others who are happy to see the Bear Mtn Challenge continue on .
Cory A. if you read this you should be proud!
G

FVMBA Website

July 3, 2010, 7:07 p.m.

Was out practicing today. Got 3 runs in and then left at about 12:30 cause I didnt wanna wait in the huge line again. I know some people I was standing with were quite angry about the long wait. Other than the wait though, it was all good

July 3, 2010, 7:28 p.m.

I can't help but bitch about the number of people stopped on the course though….is this normal? Laps 2 [HTML_REMOVED] 3 I had to stop for people stopped in the middle of the trail. My 4th lap some kids were hiking up the end of the tech section, end result: my left ribs are pretty f'n sore. Anyone else have issues?

Maybe it was just me but it didn't seem like there were many if any marshals on the course. I know at the ranch I was a bit slow getting past the tape and someone with a vest was telling me to get the heck outta the way.

Check my stuff for sale!