BC DH CUP

July 20, 2015, 1:19 p.m.

First year racing the series. I've had a blast, wondering why there isn't more attention given to the series? More participants?

July 20, 2015, 2:01 p.m.

Its a cool people thing.

Grumpy Trail Builder in Training

July 20, 2015, 6:04 p.m.

Yes it is a great series isn't it? My kid is into it in a big way. He is nowhere near the podium but still really enjoys it. Good for you for entering and having a blast. I don't know why there isn't more chatter about this series. They seem to be pretty well attended with lots of riders in the lower age categories. A lot fewer riders in the upper age classes for sure. Maybe kids get interested in other things or drop out once they have to do it without parental support.

July 20, 2015, 11:03 p.m.

It's such a good series. I've had a lot of fun at all the races I've done this season. There are fewer riders this year because a lot of them have switched to enduro. Especially in the 30 plus categories.

July 21, 2015, 9:23 a.m.

There are fewer riders this year because a lot of them have switched to enduro. Especially in the 30 plus categories.

a pretty significant shift to enduro for sure. the turnouts to the sunshine coast races held on the same day (coaster [HTML_REMOVED] bc cup enduro) were especially telling - 10 oldies at the dh, 30 at the enduro. not surprising all things considered. good to see decent (dh) numbers in the junior ranks though. we need to develop more wcdh contenders!

July 21, 2015, 11:38 a.m.

as someone who raced DH and now races Enduro events , more fun with enduro , i prefer stage racing as compared to a all for one lap with lots of practice before hand . i am also 47 now i gotta get up and work the next day . not to mention some of the DH courses i raced back in the 90,s where more xc/enduro format basically with the amount of pedaling they had in sections .

#northsidetrailbuilders

July 21, 2015, 2:19 p.m.

It would be nice to see more coverage of the events. DH racing has a fun sub culture and some talented athletes. Spending a weekend rippin' up a bike park and having a few beers after the race is pure summer fun. Riding with the other old ladies is treat.

July 23, 2015, 12:05 p.m.

It would be nice to see more coverage of the events. DH racing has a fun sub culture and some talented athletes. Spending a weekend rippin' up a bike park and having a few beers after the race is pure summer fun. Riding with the other old ladies is treat.

So true. I'm having a blast with the series. SE Racing/ Dunbar Series is well put together. I sense no attitude at the races and everybody is encouraging one an other. I'm frankly blown away. The Stereotypes aren't true. Lost of young stars racing with some old guys putting on a show! 40+ is competitive.

July 27, 2015, 1:52 p.m.

This^ I was at the race yesterday and was very impressed by the level of support that the riders gave each other. Even the young guns were congratulating and bro-hugging each other after the race. Great scene and no attitude at all.

July 28, 2015, 7:33 a.m.

This^ I was at the race yesterday and was very impressed by the level of support that the riders gave each other. Even the young guns were congratulating and bro-hugging each other after the race. Great scene and no attitude at all.

Was that Kicking Horse? Because the race conditions were nuts.

July 30, 2015, 10:52 p.m.

Yes, it was a total mud fest. Some great pictures
Here -http://m.pinkbike.com/news/western-open-fortune-favours-the-bold-kicking-horse-resort-2015.html

The terrible conditions favoured riders from the coast who are used to riding mud covered rocks and roots. My son took first in his category so we both pretty stoked.