Arduum Challenge 2009

June 21, 2009, 10:58 p.m.

absolutely killer course, thanks to ewan adn everyone and greg and denise for getting the race done. cant wait til next year!

June 21, 2009, 11:15 p.m.

I gotta ask, just how many TLD kits does Eric Anderson own anyways? I've seen at least 3 or 4 different full kits. Is he some kind of model or something?

June 22, 2009, 1:13 a.m.

I gotta ask, just how many TLD kits does Eric Anderson own anyways? I've seen at least 3 or 4 different full kits. Is he some kind of model or something?

he would've look faster in tyler gorz's hamme-down fox jammies.

while your sitten at your desk im banging laps.

June 22, 2009, 6:48 a.m.

I [HTML_REMOVED]3 arduum! and all the volunteers! thanks for putting on a sick race… now if only i could trust cbc timing….

Things can get a bit confusing when riders don't make their start time because they don't want to get to the shuttles "too early" and the Commissaires allow the racers to go out of order. Maybe they should just say if you miss your start time you don't get your run? That is what they are supposed to do, but they are bending the rules to be nice.

Considering the large number of racers the Commissaires allowed to run out of order, and the torrential downpour, I think the volunteers who did the timing did a pretty good job. The only thing Cycling BC has to do with timing is providing the equipment to the race organizers.

June 22, 2009, 7 a.m.

Results?

June 22, 2009, 7:06 a.m.

Cycling BC Website

Arduum Results…

http://www.cyclingbcmtb.ca/files/arduum%20DH%20results.pdf

www.steedcycles.com

June 22, 2009, 7:40 a.m.

Good times yesterday! Thanks for the curve ball mother nature…

As always loved the course.

Many thanks to the organizers.

:canada: :swiss:

June 22, 2009, 8:49 a.m.

anyone have a final count of how many bike parts - rims, bb's, cranks, headsets - the last gap claimed? thankfully there were no serious injuries.

June 22, 2009, 8:58 a.m.

Cycling BC Website

Arduum Results…

http://www.cyclingbcmtb.ca/files/arduum%20DH%20results.pdf

i think the cycling bc site is hosted on a steam donkey. does anyone have an alternate source? must. see. results.

edit: i uploaded a copy of the results to the arduum site.
http://www.arduumchallenge.com/uploads/arduum-2009-results.pdf

"It's, like, so much fun."

June 22, 2009, 9:09 a.m.

anyone have a final count of how many bike parts - rims, bb's, cranks, headsets - the last gap claimed? thankfully there were no serious injuries.

sure was exciting passing someone just feet before the take off. i think i'm still buzzing from it….(a helmet cam would have been cool as it seemed like it was pretty close)

i still can't figure out why a bike shop has not been set up just 50 feet beyond that jump. I'm wishing I brought my collection of parts, as i could have made a small fortune.

June 22, 2009, 9:38 a.m.

i still can't figure out why a bike shop has not been set up just 50 feet beyond that jump. I'm wishing I brought my collection of parts, as i could have made a small fortune.

Yeah, I mentioned it to multiple shops that were attending, months before race weekend, no takers again this year. Wierd.

hol-ee shit but that's a big hole :eek:

June 22, 2009, 9:41 a.m.

hahahaha….I have my tld support and show off as many kits as you have lens dave!

But it did not help me yesterday! Lets just say I had a little adversity to deal with in my 2 practice runs…and could have used a few of Bighitters spare parts! I started off racing the course…then crashed again and again….by the rock drop…I was doneski!

Well done to simon jon and cory..! Winner bought beer….

I will bring my A game to pano….and a fresh set of legs!

Gorz…you killed it buddy…9seconds over the field…noice!

Great weekend Greg, Denise, Ewan and team…solid event. This course separated the men from the boys…and the boys wore tld pajama's!!!

Braap

Blogging - Never before have so many people with so little to say said so much to so few.

June 22, 2009, 10:10 a.m.

wow…such an awesome course and event!!! (oh yeah…and some pretty impressive riding too!)

…hiked up to the rock drop and spectated there for a while before slowly making our way back down through the monsoon…if I can find my big-boy pants I'm definitely making my way over for next year's event….

MasterplanDan: that was me (with daugher in tow) who said "hi" on the way up the hill just before race runs started…

Loud Hubs Save Lives

June 22, 2009, 10:17 a.m.

Nice day for a ride in the rain hey Cory!

June 22, 2009, 10:19 a.m.

Big ups to my riding buddy Simon for winning the masters category.

I hear the 2nd place Masters guy was like 10 seconds behind him too. :D Courtenay representin again!

viperfunk.com