Any word on Mount Washington?

July 8, 2011, 5:05 p.m.

Im starting to really miss the DH racing now. Monster mile is my second favorite track. I've heard some rumors that there is no chance of he snow clearing in time for the race. According to the website the resort still plans to open next weekend. Didn't they open for skiing on canada day?
Has Mount Washington given any updates on this? The BC cup is a month from now I guess they have a few weeks to make the call.

July 8, 2011, 5:46 p.m.

It sounds like even if the race goes ahead it'll be soupy with snow melt! That way whether it rains or not it'll be classic Mt. Washington. :D

Biking: As addictive as cocaine, twice as expensive!

:safrica: - :canada:

July 8, 2011, 6:02 p.m.

I hope it melts, want to try the race this year, as well as just ride mt w.. was getting good end of last season. Whats your first favourite track?

July 8, 2011, 9:38 p.m.

I hope it melts, want to try the race this year, as well as just ride mt w.. was getting good end of last season. Whats your first favourite track?

Red Mtn. DH (arduum)

July 9, 2011, 12:19 a.m.

Tonight I got word from the guy who runs the charter bus company that is contracted to do to the winter ski bus run (and some summer charters) and his words were "they are making every effort to dig out the course because they want that race to go…right now the big issue is the snow sluffing back into the course in some spots"

He's not a biker, so he might be mistaken as to what trail they are actually digging out, but at least they are digging!!

You might want to stock up on wet screams or another spike type tyre.

yes, this is all second hand info…..but it's better than no info at all.

Loud Hubs Save Lives

July 9, 2011, 6:33 p.m.

Yeah they're being really tight-lipped right now as to conditions.. Kinda worrisome considering opening day is next weekend.. Guess I'll just have to drive up to Silver Star :D

Being cheap is OK. Being a clueless sanctimonious condescending douchebag is just Vlad's MO.

July 14, 2011, 9:53 a.m.

things are looking up!

http://www.pinkbike.com/news/Mount-Washington-Opening-2011.html

July 26, 2011, 9:28 a.m.

From Jeff at Trail Bicycles in Courtenay:

Mt Washington is looking for people to help dig snow of the monster mile so they can race the BC Cup in less than 3 weeks, you will need to give approx 4 hours and you will get an afternoon ticket and a full day ticket to ride. Contact me at the shop for more details.

Contact info here: http://trailbicycles.ca/

I have 21,474,850 rep points...

My blog - read it!

http://www.citizenclass.ca

Aug. 4, 2011, 9:20 a.m.

I heard the course is off the Hawk 6pack chair this year. upper mmt, middle monster mile, monster hawk connector, 4 cross track.

Not sure if its official yet. Heres an idea of of the course|

Aug. 4, 2011, 10:06 a.m.

They were digging out a new line yesterday afternoon just above the old Monster Hawk Connector, looks like it will be coming into 4 Cross.. There is still a LOT of snow up by upper MMT though, guess there'll be a lot of people shovelling for the next week.

Being cheap is OK. Being a clueless sanctimonious condescending douchebag is just Vlad's MO.

Aug. 4, 2011, 10:35 a.m.

They were digging out a new line yesterday afternoon just above the old Monster Hawk Connector, looks like it will be coming into 4 Cross.. There is still a LOT of snow up by upper MMT though, guess there'll be a lot of people shovelling for the next week.

They have some dedicated trail workers up there. Terrain isn't perfect we all know that, the weather really hurt them this year, but make sure you give them props when you see them up there. They are getting paid but they're doing it for us so we can ride.

Aug. 4, 2011, 10:10 p.m.

that should actually be really awesome. The hawk is super fast, and that course should be really good and is one of my favourite laps to do.

Aug. 5, 2011, 7:22 a.m.

They have some dedicated trail workers up there. Terrain isn't perfect we all know that, the weather really hurt them this year, but make sure you give them props when you see them up there. They are getting paid but they're doing it for us so we can ride.

Yeah there isn't much they can do about the slow snow melt and the subsequent mud. I like the new bridge on Wizard as well, it certainly eliminates a lot of the slop.

Aug. 6, 2011, 7:29 a.m.

Hey simon whats the course like, fast and flowy, or is it fast and rough like monster mile. Just curious what it'll be like as Ive never ridden that chair.

Disclaimer. Anything written above this should not be taken literally, its called sarcasm you idiots.

Aug. 10, 2011, 4:09 p.m.

Hey simon whats the course like, fast and flowy, or is it fast and rough like monster mile. Just curious what it'll be like as Ive never ridden that chair.

Well it sounds like it will be MMT - which is smoother and bermy, with little ish berms, and flows quite well, then onto the two last treed sections of monster mile, and then instead of bombing down the fireroad to the finish, you turn right and head towards the 4x course into a monster mile-style treed section, and then probably a pedal onto the 4x, and then the 4x would be like riding a 4x course. This is what I assume it would be like.