#605 in Ned's - Giving thanks, and looking for photos

June 10, 2010, 3:30 p.m.

Hi All,

Sorry if I'm being rude or obnoxious by starting this as a new thread, but I'm still a forum noob I guess.

So I had an interesting run during the Ned's race last weekend. Was having a great time, and riding fairly smooth/fast (relative to me normally), until I got to the gap over the roots (after the wood rolldown/drop, before the big A-frame). I went sideways in the air, and landed on my side.

I want to thank everyone who was there who were very quick to come to my aid. Immediately Judy (the first aid attendant) and James (a photographer with first aid training) were by my side doing an assessment. Within a minute there was a trauma EMT helping them and overseeing the situation.

So I want to thank those that were helping me directly, everyone else that was there making sure I was ok, keeping me together, and offering their help. There were also volunteers there to help get my bike down, and people all along the way that helped me get down (one small step at a time) and kept me aware of racers coming and safe times to walk. A well organized event that helped get me out of there, kept me as safe as possible, and helped keep everyone else safe.

In the end it turns out I tore my obliques, and broke a few ribs. Could have been much worse, but has been somewhat… uncomfortable… for the past few days. The fine folks at LGH took good care of me though, and made sure I'm comfortable with a good cocktail of pills. Thanks also to Canada for helping me out there.

At this point, I'm just doing a bit of a search for any of those photos from the incident, or before that when I was actually on top of my bike.

If you were shooting at that spot, or know of anyone who was up photographing on the course from that point or higher, if you could either get in contact with me, or have them, that would be much appreciated. I know there were a lot of lenses at that jump, but didn't manage to get anyone's names.

I can be reached either through the forums, or directly at [email protected]

Here's a photo of me (on my bike), from earlier in my run, for reference…

Housser Interactive Media
Interactive & Immersive Photography
http://housser.ca

Virtual Reality 360-degree Mountain Biking Panoramas:
http://vr.housser.ca/?group=biking

June 10, 2010, 3:35 p.m.

Good news about you being allright! Looked painful, you weren't walking very fast.

Parking lot punter with a beer belly

June 10, 2010, 10:06 p.m.

i was the first aid attendant, and james was the photographer. glad to hear you're not too seriously hurt (relatively speaking). i'm pretty sure james got some shots of your crash, he probably has a lot of pics to go through.

June 10, 2010, 10:58 p.m.

Glad you were there Judy!

Glad you're ok John!

Looking to ride the shore but don't know where to go?

Get a copy of the Locals Guide to North Shore Rides!

Follow MTB Trails on Twitter

Follow Sharon and Lee on Twitter

June 11, 2010, 12:40 p.m.

Yeah it was a slow trip out…

Thanks again Judy and James for being so attentive, certainly made me a lot more comfortable knowing there were people around that knew what they were doing!

Getting better constantly though, was able to turn the drugs down a notch yesterday, and hopefully will be able to swap them out for a :beer: tomorrow after Wade's Excellent Adventure ;-)

Housser Interactive Media
Interactive & Immersive Photography
http://housser.ca

Virtual Reality 360-degree Mountain Biking Panoramas:
http://vr.housser.ca/?group=biking

June 13, 2010, 10:24 p.m.

Hey John!

Glad you're feeling better and we could be of help to you after your crash.

I do have some photos of the crash and one before you actually crashed. The crash photos are a bit blurry and out of focus since I was setup for the gap and not for riders after. I will be posting them up by tomorrow.

Cheers!

didnt know nsmb was only for pros

its not, its only for dicks.

My Flickr