4x has been dropped by the UCI

Sept. 22, 2011, 8:26 p.m.

Dear Johnie P

You entertain me!

Do you some how thrive on your own stupidity?

Yea really dude, Johnnie is a fucking rad guy and has more talent than most people on here. No need for name calling eh?

Sept. 22, 2011, 8:56 p.m.

I admit dual was better, But it was still a fun race. Down hill is not that far away from the same fate. It is just as laim and even more boring to watch.

The only slight technicality in stopping DH, is that DH was were it all began. It IS mountain biking. XC is just cyclo-cross with flat bars. Don't get me wrong, I was a top 10 National Junior XC racer in the UK back in the day (circa 1943….) so I've done countless XC races, but it still sucks! Mmmmm fields….

treezz
wow you are a ass

Sept. 23, 2011, 7:27 a.m.

4x courses cost upwards of 300 grand to build. this will allow organizers to put on more successful events concentrating only on dh and xc when they don't have to build a super expensive course that often was ridden only for the event, and not even by a full contingent of riders. women's races were lucky to get 16 riders, and men usually didn't cut off at the 64 rider mark, sometimes only 32. Just no interest.

www.travelswithtyler.com

Sept. 23, 2011, 1:42 p.m.

'Pits'?

You aren't aware that they have up to 2 or 3 (I forget how many are allowed) around a course where riders will have spare wheels and other parts?

Debate? Bikes are made for riding not pushing.

Sept. 23, 2011, 7:13 p.m.

Dear Johnie P

You entertain me!

Do you some how thrive on your own stupidity?

Looks flexy.

Sept. 23, 2011, 8:25 p.m.

XC is just cyclo-cross with flat bars.

I guess so. But xc left out the lame part of needing to get off your bike and jump over little walls.

Im kidding walleater I really had fun racing cross.

thanks for the support Wayne and Dave. Its to bad that people need to resort to name calling when they have nothing of importance to say. Im sure he is a great guy though that was just having a bad day.

only 35 but still beat the 30-39 BC cup Champion 4 out of 6 races

Sept. 24, 2011, 6:17 a.m.

^^^Geek

Sept. 24, 2011, 9:37 a.m.

You aren't aware that they have up to 2 or 3 (I forget how many are allowed) around a course where riders will have spare wheels and other parts?

I assume they took out the rule of being self sustainable on the course eh? no help, otherwise your DQ'd old rule, this pits thing is BS, saw a helmet cam ride through of the Olympic course and you could see where they would be…..

mtbskierdad

Sept. 24, 2011, 12:27 p.m.

The 4X riders seem to think this UCI decision will benefit them more

.http://www.pinkbike.com/news/The-Fourcross-Alliance-speaks-out.html

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

Sept. 24, 2011, 8:03 p.m.

I assume they took out the rule of being self sustainable on the course eh? no help, otherwise your DQ'd old rule, this pits thing is BS, saw a helmet cam ride through of the Olympic course and you could see where they would be…..

Actually for world cup racing pits are great. This year at worlds the second place girl, Maja W[HTML_REMOVED]#322;oszczowska, flatted changed ran to pits and changed wheels and road her way back up to second place. If she had to change it she would have been outside of the top ten. PIts allow a rider to overcome a small mechanical, it makes better racing.

Now it can be argued that pits allow technology, like tubular tires, that has no business being used on a MTB. Don't get me wrong I have a set of tubular MTB wheels and they are amazing to ride, but they are a pain to work with, stupidly expensive, fragile, and it is just about impossible to fix a flat on the trail with them.

Sept. 24, 2011, 9:10 p.m.

Actually for world cup racing pits are great. This year at worlds the second place girl, Maja W?oszczowska, flatted changed ran to pits and changed wheels and road her way back up to second place. If she had to change it she would have been outside of the top ten. PIts allow a rider to overcome a small mechanical, it makes better racing.

Now it can be argued that pits allow technology, like tubular tires, that has no business being used on a MTB. Don't get me wrong I have a set of tubular MTB wheels and they are amazing to ride, but they are a pain to work with, stupidly expensive, fragile, and it is just about impossible to fix a flat on the trail with them.

pits are dumb, MTB racing should be based on real world situations that everyday riders encounter. you flat on your ride, you fix it, you get a mechanical, you try and fix it to get you back to civilization, it should be the same in XC WC racing. Back in the day many racers fixed their own bikes and came back to do well, the XCers are getting soft….learn to ride smooth, have reliable equipment and we won't need pits….

mtbskierdad

Sept. 25, 2011, 5:22 p.m.

4x started going downhill a couple years ago when they started taping the first corner too wide and they got ride of all the high speed big jumps.