4 Kings

Sept. 8, 2012, 9:15 p.m.

Not sure, but after this afternoon's stage, might be sitting within the top 30. The DH killed me, but had a good Dub stage and felt like Yummy went ok.

Sept. 8, 2012, 9:51 p.m.

today was pretty fun! rode as expected last night, which is to say, not that great….11th in dh today and had a wicked run down foreplay, no idea where I am but today was a blast, tomorrow is going to be a lot of fun, and probably a bit of pain! lots of mechanicals out there today, so many flats!

Sept. 8, 2012, 10:44 p.m.

Looks like its gonna be wet after all. Wish I'd left sticky tire on front. After-party will be chilly, bring warm clothes.

Sept. 9, 2012, 7 a.m.

today was pretty fun! rode as expected last night, which is to say, not that great….11th in dh today and had a wicked run down foreplay, no idea where I am but today was a blast, tomorrow is going to be a lot of fun, and probably a bit of pain! lots of mechanicals out there today, so many flats!

At some point today I expect I will have "no idea where I am, who I am, where I live…" Pretty sure I am going to have the mother of all bonks today.

Can't wait! Best race/ride I have ever done

Sept. 9, 2012, 7:21 a.m.

Looks like its gonna be wet after all.

Looks like we're going to have to ride faster to try and beat the rain. So much for having a nice relaxing pedal between sectors :(

Good luck everyone!

Sept. 9, 2012, 10:36 p.m.

Thanks Clark for letting us skid all the way to your backyard.
Amazing race and so much fun! It was good to put names to faces and meet so many awesome riders!

Sept. 10, 2012, 12:10 a.m.

Yet another best event ever. Tony Horn throws down the best events, no question.

Huge props to Clark to hosting the after party. Snakes and Ladders into your backyard was icing on the cake.

Sept. 10, 2012, 7:15 a.m.

That was awesome! Congrats to everyone who survived!

Sept. 10, 2012, 7:18 a.m.

Thanks Tony for another amazing weekend, thank's for the hospitality post race Clark, very cool of you! Pretty sure he nailed the format, such a fun social weekend, and yesterday really was a great riding experience.

Sept. 10, 2012, 8:05 a.m.

Who ended up winning?

mtbskierdad

Sept. 10, 2012, 8:17 a.m.

we all won, but seb kemp won the most

Sept. 10, 2012, 8:23 a.m.

The format of yesterday's race was so fun! Take all the good parts of racing, and add in scheduled stops, rest breaks, etc., and it becomes an epic group ride between the timed stages. I was with an awesome crew that met up at the end of each timed segment and just chatted as we rode. And the 2nd bonus stage was a sight for sore eyes!

That was a great event, well done again Tony! Is it too early to start asking about '4 Aces'?

Sept. 10, 2012, 9:07 a.m.

had a blast. 3rd last across the line, but still managed to have solid sectors the whole. stoked the rain held off to the very end for us, and that i got to finish with some good friends.
some horror stories out there about flats/mechanicals but thats racing. only 1 otb which i ran out, and 1 mechanical which i noticed on the stonebridge climb and got fixed(after about 1.5 hours of fucking around)

such an amazing experience, i would do it all again next weekend if i could. Thanks to clark for the backyard to stomp around in.

probably shouldnt have shut down Moe Joe's after though…

Sept. 10, 2012, 9:14 a.m.

The format of yesterday's race was so fun! Take all the good parts of racing, and add in scheduled stops, rest breaks, etc., and it becomes an epic group ride between the timed stages. I was with an awesome crew that met up at the end of each timed segment and just chatted as we rode. And the 2nd bonus stage was a sight for sore eyes!

That was a great event, well done again Tony! Is it too early to start asking about '4 Aces'?

I second this, our crew (Nouseforaname, Boomforeal, WOT, Guiness and myself) were well matched, had some awesome little battles on the timed sections, then regrouped and rode on. It made for a really enjoyable race.
Stage 4 was one of the best things I've done on my bike, and getting the green jersey for the day totally pumped me up after all the problems I had on the first three stages (headlight failure, OTB in the park, and bonking, then double flatting on the Yummy 500).
Absolutely everyone who entered the Kings is my kind of lunatic, you are all amazing.

Tony Horn is just amazing, he was smiling the whole weekend, and it was infectious.

Sept. 10, 2012, 9:21 a.m.

i'll second what everyone above me just said. what a rad weekend!

"Nobody really gives a shit that you don't like the thing that you have no firsthand experience with." Dave