4 Kings

Aug. 22, 2012, 8 a.m.

Nope, we climbed up I believe.

mmmm, don't think so….compare it to my ride here http://app.strava.com/rides/18845584....you can see that you guys paralleled the road, you're route climbs too, and ends up in the same place, but I think you missed a left turn and went straight very close after the OB descent…

Aug. 22, 2012, 9 a.m.

Nope, we climbed up I believe.

Nope. We went across. (jeez…. what would you guys do without me around to tell you when you're wrong ;) )

The irony is the last 2 times we rode in there, I kept missing the turn we took on Sat and started climbing up the way it sounds like the Kings course goes.

So if I understand this - after OB, climb back UP to the gate at the end of the double-track switchbacks, go up another 50m or so and descend the trail (Rebob?) we rode in B vs. V last year. It joins back in right before the big up-and-over root ball between the trees, I believe.

"I'm not an ambi-turner. I can't turn left."

Aug. 22, 2012, 9:28 a.m.

Nope. We went across. (jeez…. what would you guys do without me around to tell you when you're wrong ;) )

The irony is the last 2 times we rode in there, I kept missing the turn we took on Sat and started climbing up the way it sounds like the Kings course goes.

So if I understand this - after OB, climb back UP to the gate at the end of the double-track switchbacks, go up another 50m or so and descend the trail (Rebob?) we rode in B vs. V last year. It joins back in right before the big up-and-over root ball between the trees, I believe.

bingo….after the steep climb past the gate, you'll drop right into re-bob, then stay left at the junctions until you get to get over it

Aug. 22, 2012, 2:18 p.m.

thanks guys!
I'm going to ride it on Sunday if anyone will be up there?

Aug. 22, 2012, 9:20 p.m.

i uploaded a strava thing of the friday night stage.
http://app.strava.com/segments/2198657 - looks like a few people have ridden it before me but not created the segment. If anyone thinks i missed a spot / made a wrong turn please let me know!

some of the old school stuff is wild and will hopefully get a prune back before the race?? will be interesting in the dark!

Aug. 22, 2012, 11:04 p.m.

i uploaded a strava thing of the friday night stage.
http://app.strava.com/segments/2198657 - looks like a few people have ridden it before me but not created the segment. If anyone thinks i missed a spot / made a wrong turn please let me know!

some of the old school stuff is wild and will hopefully get a prune back before the race?? will be interesting in the dark!

such a gnarly stage! tested out the light setup yesterday morning on a ride….should shed enough light and have enough juice to last at full blast, hoping anyway, cause there is a lot to see on this course!

Aug. 22, 2012, 11:06 p.m.

Am I gonna be completely screwed if I don't pre-ride the routes?

flickr

Aug. 23, 2012, 9:05 a.m.

no, only partially

Aug. 23, 2012, 9:06 a.m.

You won't be screwed. In previous years I've not done any pre-riding, never missed any turns or got lost. It does help in knowing when and where to push it on a climb or how long sections are. Also nice to know the little moves that when rolling in blind you scrub a fair amount of speed but if you know them you can flow them at speed.

Aug. 23, 2012, 10:20 a.m.

You won't be screwed. In previous years I've not done any pre-riding, never missed any turns or got lost. It does help in knowing when and where to push it on a climb or how long sections are. Also nice to know the little moves that when rolling in blind you scrub a fair amount of speed but if you know them you can flow them at speed.

+1

Aug. 23, 2012, 11:01 p.m.

just make sure to take enough beer on the ride with you Morgan. That's what I'd do if ever stuck in your predicament.

Aug. 23, 2012, 11:33 p.m.

just make sure to take enough beer on the ride with you Morgan. That's what I'd do if ever stuck in your predicament.

+1 for my main man Sven

This trip to Kelowna was definately an undertaking - Liam and I had been planning this project for 24 hours. We worked really hard to pull out all the stops in this video. We had slo-mo goggle shots; time lapses; pedal flips; outrageous product shots; unloading and loading the bike; walking through the field with your hand in wheat. At the end of the day this trip was all about just getting out and riding with all my friends.

www.letsridebikes.ca

Aug. 23, 2012, 11:34 p.m.

Well I'm not going for gold so that might be a solid plan.

flickr

Aug. 24, 2012, 7:50 a.m.

not in terms of getting lost. tony's prep and volunteers are top notch!

"Nobody really gives a shit that you don't like the thing that you have no firsthand experience with." Dave

Aug. 25, 2012, 7:21 a.m.

hey clark, have you checked out any specialized tires with the armadillo casing? was thinking of picking up a purgatory, and noticed that the armadillo is only a bit heavier than the control (though quite a bit $ier). my experience with S's old armadillo road tires is that they were basically un-flattable, wondering how the casing works for their new mtb offerings

"Nobody really gives a shit that you don't like the thing that you have no firsthand experience with." Dave