2017 WCDH

May 2, 2017, 7:39 p.m.

Posted by: xy9ine

Posted by: KevinP

Agreed. Was good to see Wallace podium. That was it though. I realize that's racing, but that is not the way these guys want to win. I would like to see a delay of some sort Put in place by the Uci when the weather gets shitty. It was two separate races yesterday!

i imagine the redbull live broadcast schedule eliminates any timing flexibility.

It's too bad if the race is dictated by red bull. I love watching but would rather see a fair race. Sure racing is racing. But when conditions deteriorate like that so quickly and to such an extreme. Ratings should be put on hold. The racers safety and best interest should be forefront.

Yeah a little rain no big deal. Windy ok. That was pretty bad. Some tracks can take the rain others can't. Cairns and champery are good examples of other tracks that shouldn't be rac d in the rain.

May 5, 2017, 5:01 a.m.

Posted by: Stuminator

I heard there was an hour break between the women's & men's races. Don't know if that's normal or not, but perhaps they could have moved it up knowing a storm was rolling in? Edit; Bruni is pissed about it on twitter.

they only show top 20 mens + protected riders these days. they used to show a recording of the women's race before that, now the women's race is also live.

May 28, 2017, 5:08 p.m.

https://soundcloud.com/user-808908651 Some good podcasts with WCDH people.

Thread killer

June 3, 2017, 3:37 p.m.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RDqQ7mIKns

Finish line reactions after Fort Bill qualy.

Thread killer

June 4, 2017, 5:53 a.m.

Good on Tracey Hannah! Sucks for Rachel. But it is good to see some different faces on the podium. 

Wtf with this one hour gap between men's and women's?

June 4, 2017, 8:50 a.m.

So did Blenki die?

Did we find out what happened to Gwinn?

June 4, 2017, 1:55 p.m.

Blenki confirmed alive. 

Gwinn had a bobble in a stupid spot and lost 3 of his 4 pulled from somewhere seconds. 

Hart met the wooded section. Otb 

Was a great race. How Gutierrez made up he time on the lower section was unreal

June 4, 2017, 2:20 p.m.

I watched but was hoping they'd interview Gwinn and ask him WTF.

Was a fantastic race indeed. Wish I didn't wake up at 5ish to watch.

June 4, 2017, 10 p.m.

Was hoping Moir would take it, he looked close to tears after finishing his run in first. What can you say about Minaar? He is so steady and a threat to win every race. Tracey was pretty stoked on her win.

Thread killer

June 5, 2017, 6:30 a.m.

Posted by: ReductiMat

I watched but was hoping they'd interview Gwinn and ask him WTF.

Apparently he totally came off his bike. Surely would have taken the win if he'd stayed on. The big wheels won the day down the motorway.

June 5, 2017, 11:12 a.m.

I'm curious as to what happened with Benoit Coulanges Effigear Nicolai in the starting gate?  He blew his right hand off the bar then limped down the track.

June 5, 2017, 11:36 a.m.

something definitely skipped (belt or internals). 

great race. a couple seasons ago, i thought minnaar was fading, and on his way out. really didn't think he'd be able to keep pace with the young(er) guns. now he's absolutely on fire. amazing. the woods was quite the entertaining shitshow. as rachael mentioned, steep tech would have been preferable to flatter & super janky, but it was fun to see the best of the best struggle. also:

-cool to see fresh blood on the podium (moir)

-marcelo was just a beast on the last pedal, pulling something like 2 seconds. crazy strong.

-rad to see remi near the top again. one of my favorite tech riders.

-fearon's cornering carving up top was ridiculous.

June 5, 2017, 4:04 p.m.

^^ Agree on your points. What a race, damn. I watched the replay at night so I had to hum to myself in the lift line yesterday when I would hear people start to talk about it haha.

Gutierrez just putting down insane power at the end, Minnaar as smooth and precise as ever. Awesome to see Moir after his injury streak (3 broken collar bones in 6 months last year plus other injuries).

Tracey looked like she was a couple inches from going OTB on that road gap nose case, impressive to ride it out and stay focused.

Last edited by: grambo on June 5, 2017, 4:04 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
June 6, 2017, 7:16 p.m.

Fearon is very good at cornering. It's like he's on rails.

Pulling 2 seconds back in the bottom section...I guess that's why Marcelo wins the Garbo DH every year.

Thread killer

June 8, 2017, 3:18 p.m.

back to back wc's! this is more like it. gonna go out on a limb & wager gwinn takes this one, with greg on his heels.