2015 Fiver Feedback / 2016 planning

Nov. 24, 2015, 5:51 p.m.

I think a simple 'yellow means left, orange means right' taping system will suffice.

Nov. 25, 2015, 10:52 a.m.

A suggestion from our toonie races. As mentioned earlier a lot of people leave early to go find food after such a tough ride. I know i struggle with balancing hunger and drinking more beer. A couple of times the boys from Pemberton Taco Food Truck showed up and probably made an absolute killing.A bunch of drunk, hungry bikers is a food truck owners wet dream. Maybe have a word with a couple of those guys and have them show up an hour into the apres?

Nov. 25, 2015, 12:07 p.m.

food trucks would be brilliant, yes.

Nov. 27, 2015, 8:42 p.m.

I only managed to make it out to 2 of them this year, and enjoyed them both.

I would suggest that better signage could help for those who aren't able to go out and pre-ride. I found myself way off course a couple of times. Not a huge deal, but a bummer when it happens. I would always consult the posted maps to get an idea of the course, but sometimes the taping was just confusing.

Food trucks… Yes.

Dec. 11, 2015, 7:56 p.m.

1) Yes to a few Saturdays. From a NSMBA-membership point of view it would be easier to get some first-time enduro-ers out for a Saturday race.

2) Yes to 50-50 fromme-Seymour. As someone who works downtown it's much easier to get across the lions gate and up to fromme on a weeknight, rather than over to Seymour after work as both the East side and North Van back up with second narrows bottleneck. Seymour definitely has more racing options though so I favor this.

3) April-May was loaded with races this last year (Pemby, Coast, Seymour, Squamish, Gofest) so may want to push the weekend races into June if the schedule stacks up the same.

4) The long fromme descents rock. 7th-lep-kirk-crink is a blast. Ex-dreamweaver to Braemar is another classic we did in 2014 with everyone just collapsing at the bottom - 10 minute + segment.

5) Long live Brian!

Dec. 16, 2015, 9:12 p.m.

All I ask is that the dates are on the opposite week of the Squamish XC Toonies please.

"I do like how you generally bring an open-minded and positive vibe to the threads you participate in"

- Morgman

Dec. 16, 2015, 9:39 p.m.

either way, if you need me to cover the first aid again, I'm there!

Dec. 17, 2015, 1:32 p.m.

All I ask is that the dates are on the opposite week of the Squamish XC Toonies please.

Have they posted a schedule yet?

Dec. 17, 2015, 4:41 p.m.

I say you just make them every Thursday again. If you can make it cool, if you can't you can't. Weekend races would be great for the end of the season (sept-oct) when we start losing light.

Dec. 17, 2015, 4:55 p.m.

I say you just make them every Thursday again. If you can make it cool, if you can't you can't. Weekend races would be great for the end of the season (sept-oct) when we start losing light.

I agree. Every week would be excellent

Dec. 17, 2015, 11:34 p.m.

Running the race on access trails like bridal or baden powell is problematic as other people who aren't racing can't or don't want to use them as the racers are going mach 10.

BCpov on YouTube

www.instagram.com/BCPov

www.facebook.com/BCpov

Dec. 19, 2015, 11:20 p.m.

Have they posted a schedule yet?

Don't think so Brian. They're not quite as on it as you :)

"I do like how you generally bring an open-minded and positive vibe to the threads you participate in"

- Morgman

Dec. 20, 2015, 10:55 p.m.

Dunno if theses things would be useful, or even just the poles, but we always have a surplus at work. I know they get used for course marking for other events.

Edit - I guess a pic of what I am referring to might be useful….

treezz
wow you are a ass

Jan. 13, 2016, 10:27 a.m.

I loved the Seymour events but to be honest didn't do all of them because I couldn't make it there after work. Oddly enough I was living at 8th and St. Andrews so I should have been minutes away but with the way Keith Road has been this year (and probably next) it was a 45 minute drive. Which made it almost impossible to get home from work and back to the event in time. The one Seymour event I did do I was one of the last people to start. That being said. Seymour Saturdays and Fromme Fridays (or Thursday's) would rock. I would expect more people from North Van to be able to get to Seymour on the weekend without feeling rushed.

editors note: I moved down to lower lynn so traffic won't be an issue for me this year to do Seymour after work.

Regarding signage. I like Brian's minimalist signing. It sucks if you take a wrong turn and lose the race because of it but I can tell you from experience that heavy signing is hard when time and volunteers are limited. You need to carry all of those signs with you and you have a short amount of time to put them up and take them down. I remember still putting up signs at Toonies when the first racer was passing me. So light and fast is the best way so that you can keep it easy and fun for all of the volunteers. Brian if you want more of the laminated arrows let me know.

Jan. 13, 2016, 10:55 a.m.

Why must one drive to a bicycle event?