2015 BC Cup Downhill Thread

Nov. 12, 2014, 4:28 p.m.

The DH BC Cup schedule should be out next week (Nov 15th) and I'm pretty stoked for what might be in store for 2015! The Dunbar Summer Series is back bigger [HTML_REMOVED] better than ever with larger prizes, equal prize purses, better coverage and some of the best tracks in Western Canada. Add in updates to the timing system, better event schedules and private practice times for women and there is a lot to be excited about if you are fan of DH racing.

What changes would you like to see for 2015?

Nov. 13, 2014, 10:37 p.m.

I know it wont happen in 2015, but I'd really like to see the return of races at Hemlock and Mt. Washington (haahahaha…yeah, right)…

Loud Hubs Save Lives

Nov. 14, 2014, 10:30 a.m.

I don't see hemlock coming back until the resort is willing to build and maintain the course. Somehow [HTML_REMOVED] Someone needs to bring a BC Cup back to the North Shore or a new one to Squamish.

Nov. 14, 2014, 12:38 p.m.

First off, I think SE_racing and Dunbar are doing an awesome job of trying to keep racing alive.

For me, the thing that I loved about Hemlock is that it wasn't maintained or ridden till just before the race. It was cool to see the lines develop over the weekend of practice. Certainly made the course pretty unique compared to other race venues.

The LM does need a race venue back. Squamish would be awesome but even better would be if Cypress was able to have a course. I'd guess it would be a short course but it would still be cool.

Anyhow, keep up the good work.

Nov. 14, 2014, 2:53 p.m.

Bear mtn needs a return or a local venue. RTR cancelled and replaced by the Unicorn. I noticed last year that the 20 something's were out in full force whereas the 30+ crowd was almost nonexistant. This is putely because the majority of the 30+ crowd have families or work obligations and a $2 enduro race during the week is just way more convenient. I totally get how much of a task it is organizing these things are and it is greatly appreciated. Getting in bed with the NW Cup was a great move imo. Anyway just my 2 cents.

Nov. 18, 2014, 8:02 p.m.

Mark the following dates for events from SE Racing; FrostBIKE - March 1st, Silver Star - July 5th, Panorama - July 19th, Western Open - July 26th and Fernie - August 30th !!!