2014 WCDH lounge

June 8, 2014, 11:58 a.m.

Race is playing on Sportsnet One right now! Wonder if they played it live as well? Didnt realize they had the world cup races on TV… pretty sweet!

June 8, 2014, 1:59 p.m.

That was a great course. Close race too. I notice aero stuff is creeping in. That Austrian rider had the most minimal visor I've ever seen. Jerseys are tucked in and getting pretty snug. Wearing shorts on a fast course is probably a mistake as you can see them bag open and catch a lot of air, but then maybe full pants will too restrictive to let a rider pedal effectively? A few 650 bikes. Good to see Steve Smith do really well in his first race back after injury. I would have thought that a small rider would be at a disadvantage but apparently skill overcomes.

Debate? Bikes are made for riding not pushing.

June 8, 2014, 3:39 p.m.

Anyone have details on Miranda Miller's crash?
Broken ARMS?

Yep, bones broken in both arms, but can't comment on the severity. I heard she is on her way back to have some surgery done. Shitty.

June 8, 2014, 4:10 p.m.

That was a great course. Close race too. I notice aero stuff is creeping in. That Austrian rider had the most minimal visor I've ever seen. Jerseys are tucked in and getting pretty snug. Wearing shorts on a fast course is probably a mistake as you can see them bag open and catch a lot of air, but then maybe full pants will too restrictive to let a rider pedal effectively? A few 650 bikes. Good to see Steve Smith do really well in his first race back after injury. I would have thought that a small rider would be at a disadvantage but apparently skill overcomes.

Brosnan has been taking lines that few, if any others take in the finals. Hes just had some unfortunate luck with clipping a tree or rock in the past year. Ragot ould be even more successful if she wasn't so short.

I gotta laugh at the chicks with their baggy full-sleeve jerseys tucked into their pants though. Its like they have no idea what fashion is. That Columbian Giant sponsored guy is always in pants. Gee knows what tight jerseys are though.

Martin Maes throws down a time that would've placed him 31st overall!

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

June 9, 2014, 6:52 a.m.

great racing! cool to see so many riders on their game. shame that steevie had a late start this year, but the rest of the season is going to kick ass.

June 9, 2014, 4:07 p.m.

Rob Warner goes: "Josh Bryceland, one of the last of the 26" guys on the circuit". Is that the current state of top DH ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NSMBA member.

June 9, 2014, 4:15 p.m.

Rob Warner goes: "Josh Bryceland, one of the last of the 26" guys on the circuit". Is that the current state of top DH ?

top 6 all on 27.b

June 9, 2014, 4:22 p.m.

SC only manufacturer on 26"

:canada:

June 9, 2014, 4:28 p.m.

top 6 all on 27.b

The hype is real!

June 9, 2014, 8:33 p.m.

Ya eveyone is on 27,5… But look at the courses so far this season. On a tech dh course (andorra champery schladming etc) we wouldnt see such a proliferation 27.5b.

Leogang and MSA will probably see riders keep running 27,5… windham hafjell and meribel I'm not so sure.

27.5 is more a response to the current crop of dh race courses than anything

Don't gargle the hype. just ride what makes you happy.

June 11, 2014, 1:37 p.m.

What happened to Look at the Stats?

~~~~~~~~~~~

June 11, 2014, 3:53 p.m.

What happened to Look at the Stats?

Seconded. That was awesome last year. Looked forward to it after every race.

Ride, don't slide.

June 11, 2014, 4:38 p.m.

Is there a site where anyone can get the raw data?

June 11, 2014, 4:54 p.m.

http://dirtmountainbike.com/mountain-biking-events/downhill/uci-world-cup/geek-stats-fort-william-world-cup-2014.html

Geek stats are always on Dirt.

https://www.rootsandrain.com/

June 11, 2014, 5:19 p.m.

Ya eveyone is on 27,5… But look at the courses so far this season. On a tech dh course (andorra champery schladming etc) we wouldnt see such a proliferation 27.5b.

Leogang and MSA will probably see riders keep running 27,5… windham hafjell and meribel I'm not so sure.

27.5 is more a response to the current crop of dh race courses than anything

Don't gargle the hype. just ride what makes you happy.

Ha. Yeah I def won't be selling the 26er to gain valuable tenths of seconds on Strava or a Phat Wednesday, but Im sure next off season will be a gold mine for the bargain hunting DHers.

Special Ed have all but confirmed a 650b Enduro EVO, Demo, Stumpy EVO, (you can beat on a regular Enduro,) Norco Aurum, and Devinci Wilson. Which seem to be the big players 'round these parts.

With all the über shocks out there, and Special Ed parting with öhlins, both winning bikes were running Vivid Coils.

I have a strong feeling that the Syndicate was quietly running 650b this weekend.