2014 WCDH lounge

April 26, 2014, 9:12 a.m.

Worst course ever.

Pastor of Muppets

April 26, 2014, 1:03 p.m.

So, some spectator picked up Adam Brayton's bike after he crashed and tried to ride the course. This resulted in a red flag and a second run for Peaty because both Brayton and the Spectator needed medical evac off the course.

I read that Brayton broke his leg. No way I would have expected to see this:
http://instagram.com/p/nPp1eEmxAp/ (warning! pretty grisly).

April 26, 2014, 4:43 p.m.

I read that Brayton broke his leg. No way I would have expected to see this:
http://instagram.com/p/nPp1eEmxAp/ (warning! pretty grisly).

:eek:
split right open from the impact against the tree I guess? That's f-ing gnarly!

April 26, 2014, 8:56 p.m.

Worst course ever.

Terrible. Let's hope they don't go back there anytime soon.

Thread killer

April 26, 2014, 9 p.m.

So did Good Guy Greg actually get DQ'ed?

Ed.
Yup he did. Didn't notice it last night

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

April 26, 2014, 9:04 p.m.

So did Good Guy Greg actually get DQ'ed?
Haven't heard anything from the bookface page, if so that is a lil above bush league

huh what?

I just checked, he is marked as DIS! Brutal.

Hopefully someone can remind them of the rules on Monday.

April 26, 2014, 9:54 p.m.

Terrible. Let's hope they don't go back there anytime soon.

Track is awesome super fast and scary as hell, dry track you dicks wouldnt be makin the same comment.

diggin

April 27, 2014, 7:59 a.m.

The race was so so. The course looks pretty good actually. Just the dirt there… In the dry it is fine.
Maybe the UCI should look at tracks that are still raceable in a downpour. Champery was a troff when it rained, Ridable but not really all that raceable. Hill and Hart turned it on. But for the rest of the field…
If they are in the southern hemi they may as well have as many stops as possible to justify teams travelling there.I think the UCI in Oz is good. Just maybe pick a track down south, Thredbo way.
I'm still trying to figure out why Greg got DQ'd. He didn't gain any time.
gotta love the circus

April 27, 2014, 8:05 a.m.

The race was so so. The course looks pretty good actually. Just the dirt there… In the dry it is fine.
Maybe the UCI should look at tracks that are still raceable in a downpour. Champery was a troff when it rained, Ridable but not really all that raceable. Hill and Hart turned it on. But for the rest of the field…
If they are in the southern hemi they may as well have as many stops as possible to justify teams travelling there.I think the UCI in Oz is good. Just maybe pick a track down south, Thredbo way.
I'm still trying to figure out why Greg got DQ'd. He didn't gain any time.
gotta love the circus

the uci doesn't choose tracks. towns apply for a world cup and need a lot of money to do so, not every cool track has a city attached to it that is capable of holding a world cup…

April 27, 2014, 8:09 a.m.

the uci doesn't choose tracks. towns apply for a world cup and need a lot of money to do so, not every cool track has a city attached to it that is capable of holding a world cup…

I realize that. I think in the interest of racing and safety, consideration should be made on part by the UCI to make sure the venue has a track that will be safely raced in all conditions.
That is all I am trying to say

April 27, 2014, 8:58 a.m.

I don't think the course was that bad at all, yeah, the rain wrecked havoc, but shit like that happens sometimes and it makes for good racing and podium shakeups. it's mountain biking, you don't always get to race in hero conditions, or very rarely get to anyway.

April 27, 2014, 9:25 a.m.

Maybe it was just Redbulls camera placement that made the track look lackluster

Doesn't make much sense to hold a race on a track that barely runs in the wet in the tropics during the rainy season.

Unsure how I feel about rock gardens being built into the tracks to make them more difficult. Anyone else notice the chick who had that huge boulder move on her as she rode by?

I guess Greg could be on a 650b V10 for the rest of the season now…

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

April 27, 2014, 9:33 a.m.

Maybe it was just Redbulls camera placement that made the track look lackluster

Yeah, we didn't get to see the moto whoops or a few of the gnar sections, but two cams to show us the 30second pedal to finish.. oh well.

April 27, 2014, 11:14 a.m.

Camera spots sucked

diggin

April 27, 2014, 11:36 a.m.

Yeah, we didn't get to see the moto whoops or a few of the gnar sections, but two cams to show us the 30second pedal to finish.. oh well.

Totally take the flat section cameras and put a least one on the woop section.

Hope the UCI reviews Greg being disqualified.