2014 WCDH lounge

Sept. 7, 2014, 11:36 p.m.

If you look at the splits, Sam Hill would have won if he'd kept it clean. His crash was an ugly one. Obviously, if Bryceland would've scrubbed that last jump he'd have beaten Gee. Seems like no one wants Gee to win races (me included). Nigel Page sure got quiet after Hill's crash. A great race to watch. I was on the edge of me seat near the end. Neko's run? People won't soon forget that.

Thread killer

Sept. 8, 2014, 6:07 a.m.

I think Santa Cruz is sitting just fine….just maybe a changing of the seating arrangement. GM is still a threat, Ratboy should come out of the gate swinging next year and if Peaty does race another year, he's a fan favourite who can help Josh balance racing and partying.

I think they are sitting fine right now as well. It is inevitable that Peaty steps aside at some time in the near future. I think now is the time to bring on another young gun. GM is still in top form. Bryceland has come into his own. Peaty will always remain syndicate in some way shape or form.

Sept. 8, 2014, 6:13 a.m.

If you look at the splits, Sam Hill would have won if he'd kept it clean. His crash was an ugly one. Obviously, if Bryceland would've scrubbed that last jump he'd have beaten Gee. Seems like no one wants Gee to win races (me included). Nigel Page sure got quiet after Hill's crash. A great race to watch. I was on the edge of me seat near the end. Neko's run? People won't soon forget that.

If's If's and more If's. The results speak. I don't care what Gee is like in the real world. He takes Racing to a new level when he is on. An incredible talent. Do I wanna be his friend ? No. Do I wanna see him win races. Fuck yeah! Cause when he does it seems to pull everything back together. With the top ten guys still being so dangerous it is good to have the likes of Greg M and Gee A able to reset the field now and then. Sam H as well. Glad he back. Awesome to see him take the inside line on everything and shave off even more time!
What a great time for World cup DH

Sept. 8, 2014, 6:17 a.m.

Josh Bryceland's World Cup race run.

heres my race run from yesterday!!!! overshot the last wooden bridge, resulting in a bust foot… thanks to all the lads helping me out afterwards was in a bit of a pickle. http://youtu.be/XBDpu4-pQhM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBDpu4-pQhM

Sept. 8, 2014, 6:55 a.m.

f*ck…what a run. That was intense to watch.

"You don't learn from experience. You learn from reflecting on the experience."
- Kristen Ulmer

Sept. 8, 2014, 8 a.m.

If's If's and more If's. The results speak. I don't care what Gee is like in the real world. He takes Racing to a new level when he is on. An incredible talent. Do I wanna be his friend ? No. Do I wanna see him win races. Fuck yeah! Cause when he does it seems to pull everything back together. With the top ten guys still being so dangerous it is good to have the likes of Greg M and Gee A able to reset the field now and then. Sam H as well. Glad he back. Awesome to see him take the inside line on everything and shave off even more time!
What a great time for World cup DH

My favorite thing about Gee is when he loses to Stevie Smith.

Thread killer

Sept. 8, 2014, 8:14 a.m.

My favorite thing about Gee is when he loses to Stevie Smith.

Lol couldn't agree more! His intensity goes the other way too. Especially when he lost to Stevie last year. A screen capture of gees face at that moment is priceless

Sept. 8, 2014, 8:42 a.m.

Question… what's the whole deal with the "World Championship"… they basically just arbitrarily choose one race per year to be the "World Championship" and the winner of that race is the "World Champion"? Is it seen as more or less prestigious than winning the World Cup series? I think it would make a little more sense if the "World Championship" was somehow tied to the World Cup series as well because to have the two totally separate doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

Sept. 8, 2014, 8:48 a.m.

The winner is he who crosses the line with the fastest time.

Yesterday that was Gee.

In his post-win interview he talked about Bryceland and his injury for more than half of the time. Say what you want about his intensity, but he was super classy - his victory celebration was very muted given Ratboy's injury.

And people don't like Sam Hill (or any other particular WC DH racer)? Who the eff are you (we) to judge them? They all give everything they have and hang it all out on the line to win races that, in the grand scheme of humanity, mean very little and do almost nothing more than provide us entertainment.

Kudos to all of them. They can easily outride anyone on this board on any given day…

I have 21,474,850 rep points...

My blog - read it!

http://www.citizenclass.ca

Sept. 8, 2014, 8:49 a.m.

Basically the riders are representing their country vs their sponsor. That and there are racers not on the World Cup that race the Champs on behalf of their country as well. It's sort of like the Olympics and NHL players playing for gold.

Sept. 8, 2014, 8:50 a.m.

Question… what's the whole deal with the "World Championship"… they basically just arbitrarily choose one race per year to be the "World Championship" and the winner of that race is the "World Champion"? Is it seen as more or less prestigious than winning the World Cup series? I think it would make a little more sense if the "World Championship" was somehow tied to the World Cup series as well because to have the two totally separate doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

Almost all sports are like this.

Skiing has a world cup - and a separate world championships (almost all disciplines).

It takes a different perspective, attitude and skill set to win a one day takes all race versus a series.

I say keep them both (the series and the one day World Champs) - makes things more interesting.

I have 21,474,850 rep points...

My blog - read it!

http://www.citizenclass.ca

Sept. 8, 2014, 9:01 a.m.

It's sort of like the Olympics and NHL players playing for gold.

Yeah I guess that makes more sense to me when you think of it like that.

Sept. 8, 2014, 9:08 a.m.

The winner is he who crosses the line with the fastest time.

Yesterday that was Gee.

In his post-win interview he talked about Bryceland and his injury for more than half of the time. Say what you want about his intensity, but he was super classy - his victory celebration was very muted given Ratboy's injury.

And people don't like Sam Hill (or any other particular WC DH racer)? Who the eff are you (we) to judge them? They all give everything they have and hang it all out on the line to win races that, in the grand scheme of humanity, mean very little and do almost nothing more than provide us entertainment.

Kudos to all of them. They can easily outride anyone on this board on any given day…

Very well said

Sept. 8, 2014, 10:12 a.m.

Huge respect to all the WC racers who put it on the line day in and day out. Hate or love who you may they are all awesome for bringing that level of entertainment to us plebs.

Next year is going to be huge with a healthy Stevie Smith and Josh Bryceland (hopefully).

Sept. 8, 2014, 1:10 p.m.

Unreal race.
Watching Gwin's run I was wondering if running his forks so stiff is more of a hindrance than an advantage for that course. Obviously it will roll fast but at a certain point fatigue is going to do one in - he looked like he was getting rag dolled further down the course.