2014 NSMBA Toonies

June 13, 2014, 9:29 a.m.

That was a lot of fun. Thanks a lot! I dropped a chain on Pipeline for the second year in a row. Damnit!

June 13, 2014, 9:40 a.m.

That was a lot of fun. Thanks a lot! I dropped a chain on Pipeline for the second year in a row. Damnit!

i'm losing my faith in the power of narrow-wide rings; dropped mine on s3 (the only two other times i've dropped chains have been during races, naturally). time to pick up a guide.

June 13, 2014, 12:03 p.m.

I left the event feeling like I just robbed the place … only $2 for such a good time!?! How can it be? Huge thanks to the vollies, the sponsors, the man who made my tasty burger, and the organizers, you lot are the best.

That is my goal, feeling like you've somehow cheated the system. How often do we hear about the $10,000 bikes being out of touch for the regular rider or people complaining about race fees.

$40 membership + $16 = 8 nights (24 stages) of timed racing. Best value possible.

The events themselves are self supporting, it's that $40 membership fee that will be used to continue to drive change on the Shore. Bring all the old trails up to grade then start looking at new projects to better connect trails and provide better access.

June 13, 2014, 12:42 p.m.

Last night was a $37 toonie for me. Some kind person from the DNV decided to ticket all the cars on Coleman who had been there over the 2hr limit.

:fu:

June 13, 2014, 12:42 p.m.

That is my goal, feeling like you've somehow cheated the system. How often do we hear about the $10,000 bikes being out of touch for the regular rider or people complaining about race fees.

$40 membership + $16 = 8 nights (24 stages) of timed racing. Best value possible.

The events themselves are self supporting, it's that $40 membership fee that will be used to continue to drive change on the Shore. Bring all the old trails up to grade then start looking at new projects to better connect trails and provide better access.

Hitting up the Toonies is well worth the drive from Port Moody!

Thanks Brian + Volunteers!

June 13, 2014, 1:09 p.m.

Last night was a $37 toonie for me. Some kind person from the DNV decided to ticket all the cars on Coleman who had been there over the 2hr limit.

:fu:

Shit that sucks. I think this is the first time I've ever heard of enforcement of the 2hr limit up there in the evening.

Good time to comment on the parking situation on Fromme.

http://www.dnv.org/article.asp?a=4660[HTML_REMOVED]c=422

Deadline is today.

June 13, 2014, 1:25 p.m.

I parked at the school. Lots of space, no time limit. I just don't get why we call can't just spread the cars out a bit and [HTML_REMOVED]gasp[HTML_REMOVED] pedal a bit further. Mountain hwy and every little side street was a mess of parked cars for the first block. A few blocks in and they are empty.

Parking is fine and plentiful. Just not right at the entrance to the playground.

June 13, 2014, 2:07 p.m.

I parked at the school. Lots of space, no time limit. I just don't get why we call can't just spread the cars out a bit and [HTML_REMOVED]gasp[HTML_REMOVED] pedal a bit further. Mountain hwy and every little side street was a mess of parked cars for the first block. A few blocks in and they are empty.

Parking is fine and plentiful. Just not right at the entrance to the playground.

I parked about half a block away from you and still got ticketed :(

June 13, 2014, 3:22 p.m.

Last night was my first toonie! Good fun, tasty burger and I achieved my goal of not finishing last :)
Thanks to all the organisers and volunteers.

June 13, 2014, 3:43 p.m.

Shit that sucks. I think this is the first time I've ever heard of enforcement of the 2hr limit up there in the evening.

Good time to comment on the parking situation on Fromme.

http://www.dnv.org/article.asp?a=4660[HTML_REMOVED]c=422

Deadline is today.

Thanks for the reminder Brian. Voiced my thoughts [HTML_REMOVED] let the DNV know parking needs to be addressed.

I still had a blast at the race…even though it was Pipeline :)

June 14, 2014, 3:05 p.m.

Great fun! If you park by the school, it's ~15 min or less to the start, up Ramsay, then McNair.

June 14, 2014, 5:38 p.m.

Even parking as low as Dempsey, but further east by Kilmer park, provides probably the nicest, easiest grade up to the start. just go up Hoskins/McNair, and enter the trails at the water tank on McNair. Nice little singletrack warm up:-). Takes a bit longer but if I were to drive, that's where I would park.

June 14, 2014, 7:29 p.m.

enter the trails at the water tank on McNair. Nice little singletrack warm up:-).

bonus points for liason stage 0!

June 24, 2014, 11:43 a.m.

i'm losing my faith in the power of narrow-wide rings; dropped mine on s3 (the only two other times i've dropped chains have been during races, naturally). time to pick up a guide.

Shirk any word on the course for Thursday and or fixing times from the last race?

Perry, I long lost my faith in the narrow-wide rings, I was dropping chains regularly. I picked up this little gem in 26-32 range and haven't had a dropped chain since:

http://www.blackspire.com/TrailX-Guide

While you're at maybe get a new "Shift" key, yours seems to be broken.

Biking: As addictive as cocaine, twice as expensive!

:safrica: - :canada:

June 24, 2014, 12:39 p.m.

^i've got an einfachx top guide on the way (like yours, sans bash taco).

and: caps are just a waste of pixels.