2014 NSMBA Toonies

July 31, 2014, 10:41 a.m.

Ahh we messed up. We thought the end was where lower boundary drops in on the left. I guess you keep going straight? We rode boundary and ran into our friend at the very end where the 2 meet.

July 31, 2014, 12:07 p.m.

Did you ride proper lower Dreamweaver? Or St. Mary's extension?

When you cross Skid Road you go straight down it's the old line with rough sections, not the smooth fast flowy stuff we've used in previous Toonies. You t-bone the Boundary trail just above the big log ride where the new corner was built last year.

We put up TONS of tape at the intersection where people went wrong on WEA. Should not be anyone to miss the correct way onto lower DW.

July 31, 2014, 12:47 p.m.

Yeah we clearly screwed up. Oh well I'll watch for tape, this is what enduro is all about right?

July 31, 2014, 2:49 p.m.

Yeah we clearly screwed up. Oh well I'll watch for tape, this is what enduro is all about right?

This is why you guys need to pre-ride with lights after I finish marking the course at 9pm on Wednesday nights. :)

July 31, 2014, 2:54 p.m.

This is why you guys need to pre-ride with lights after I finish marking the course at 9pm on Wednesday nights. :)

The irony is that I wake up at 4am for work so by the time the actual race started I'd be so exhuasted that I would just sleep in the forest anyway lol

Aug. 1, 2014, 6:57 a.m.

Thanks to Shirk, all the volunteers, sponsors and NSMBA for the great series this year. My first racing in 20 years and it was a blast! Have some grudges to settle on the courses next year :)

Aug. 1, 2014, 9:51 a.m.

^This

Aug. 1, 2014, 11:15 a.m.

Yes! These were so much fun! Can't wait for next year. Thanks to the organizers and volunteers.

Aug. 1, 2014, 1:40 p.m.

And a huge thanks from me as well to the well organized organizers, enthusiastic volunteers, and wonderful sponsors. Best entertainment in town for sure. I can't wait for next years series.

The course last night was super fun! Thanks to Steed for supplying post race eats and refreshments.

Cheers,
Tim

Biking: As addictive as cocaine, twice as expensive!

:safrica: - :canada:

Aug. 1, 2014, 10:20 p.m.

Not sure if it's against the spirit of the Toonie races, but my inner nerd was begging to see a summary [HTML_REMOVED] analysis of the series…. so here it is for all to see. Let the arguments (and excuses) start!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1C241Xkv3XPRxfGnwEHdtpXUhY9zBBPl2TY55e2Of7O4/edit?usp=sharing

Each race has stage times (not cumulative) with placings for each stage, and also a table of all your results for each race. I had to do quite a bit of name-normalising so the table would work, so apologies if I chose an incorrect spelling of your name. PM me to get it changed.

Looks like there were 300+ different riders out to the races over the season, and only about a half dozen guys who were out for every night.

Thanks again for everyone involved to make the races happen.

PS- Nick, over the season, there was just 43 seconds that separated us (aside from the DNF and my night with a mechanical - excuses already!)

Aug. 2, 2014, 11:37 a.m.

Sounds like the last race was a good one, wish i could have made it out!

Big thanks to everyone involved in the races, and for the amazing vibe of the series in general. First time out racing and I had a blast every time. (not to mention first time riding a few of those trails)

Thanks!
Gordon

Aug. 2, 2014, 9:27 p.m.

Thanks dharv - my inner race nerd appreciates the effort!

Aug. 4, 2014, 10:59 a.m.

Given awesteners times at the last Toonie I'd go with his advise. I was just trying to sound like Enduro bro by talking about tapering my training … I actually have no idea what that means other than I have an excuse to do nothing and drink beer.

26forlife! (KIDDING:-), more like #fancybikesareexpensivepayingretail# haha).

It was a great series! I only made it out for a few this year do to work commitments, hopefully next year I can plan better. It really is the best weeknight entertainment a mountain biker can ask for. We are very lucky to have this so close to us.

I'm curious what shirk has tucked up his sleeve for next year? :bandit:

Aug. 5, 2014, 2:24 p.m.

Great series Brian! Thanks to you and all the vollies who made it happen.

Aug. 5, 2014, 3:04 p.m.

The wheels are already turning in my head for new courses and ways to link up different trails.

Also looking at ways to have different finish zones from the usual return to start/finish. I'd like to not use that section of the BP next year.