2014 NSMBA Toonies

July 23, 2014, 11:17 a.m.

For the record I think a single pre-lap is perfectly acceptable. No hate from me for guys doing a lap to remind themselves of the trail.

Multiple laps, or not coming out to a week because someone didn't get the time to put in a pre-lap are a bit silly to me. It's not THAT serious.

July 23, 2014, 12:08 p.m.

For the record I think a single pre-lap is perfectly acceptable. No hate from me for guys doing a lap to remind themselves of the trail.

Multiple laps, or not coming out to a week because someone didn't get the time to put in a pre-lap are a bit silly to me. It's not THAT serious.

I've ridden 7th a bunch this year, and Oil Can a few times since April. I'm good to go.

July 23, 2014, 1:57 p.m.

I've ridden 7th a bunch this year, and Oil Can a few times since April. I'm good to go.

Toonie Enduro Translation I've been riding it weekly with detailed Strava and SRM readings for a month. For the next 48hrs my head will be buried in GoPro footage.

July 23, 2014, 2:07 p.m.

I should probably do a pre-ride in my cape and mask….

Highly recommended to avoid wardrobe malfunctions while riding :)

"only the good riders wipe out on the easy stuff" - Heathen

July 23, 2014, 2:23 p.m.

riding blind is where it's at. while it doesn't equate to awesome race times, racing new trails sight unseen certainly provides maximum entertainment value.

July 23, 2014, 8:05 p.m.

Toonie Enduro Translation I've been riding it weekly with detailed Strava and SRM readings for a month. For the next 48hrs my head will be buried in GoPro footage.

All Strava times are null and void, all the short cuts are taped off, sorry Enduro bros! (As in they will provide little use comparatively speaking:-)

July 23, 2014, 8:47 p.m.

riding blind is where it's at. while it doesn't equate to awesome race times, racing new trails sight unseen certainly provides maximum entertainment value.

I just finished riding oil can and let's just say riding blind is an understatement.

July 23, 2014, 9:49 p.m.

It's clear lens goggle conditions in the forest. Classic shore tonight out there. Fog mid mountain rain coming down and dark in the trees. Roots and rocks feel like they've been washed clean.

Awesterner graciously marked 7th for me this morning, if anyone gets lost on 7th direct complaints to him.

Tonight I tried to open up all the large puddles on LOC. Hopefully they stay drained for a day. Also closed down the most obvious cut lines on LOC.

Some description of the lower section of LOC.

After you cross the bridges you make a hard left and about 30 feet later fade right instead of going down the chunder. There is a seldom used old side line the goes beside the chunder then cuts left across the chunder. This then cuts back towards Grannies and below the old janky jumps and a skinny to drop. It merges into the lower section near the exit of Grannies. It's all old old trail covered in duff. Timing ends before it switchbacks down to the BP.

For anyone that did WEA this year the end of this stage is in the same spot as we ended the Pile of Rocks/Expresso stage at the end of the traverse connector.

Bonus stage would be to ride east across the connector and you'll get a sweet bit of lower Expresso below the right hand rock turn.

Or exit onto the BP and ride what is arguably the worst section of the BP on Fromme. This would be the section that we've used to hike a bike up when heading west. It's rough blown out old rock work.

July 24, 2014, 8:59 a.m.

Hey that BP section is awesome.

July 24, 2014, 9:30 a.m.

Hey that BP section is awesome.

My opinion might be skewed from riding it in the pouring rain last night while soaked in dark with no lights.

Actually thinking about it more a good stage would be going east on the BP from the little bridge I've used as the west start point for DW stages. Run the chunder BP from their to exit of Expresso.

I've got an experiment for the final Toonie that if it runs smooth will open up some new stages for next year.

July 24, 2014, 12:22 p.m.

I think one of the most exciting stages would be something like POR, up into Exectioner, Dreamweaver, lower Dreamweaver, Lower Boundary. Would be super physical, pretty old school, and a lot of fun. But then there would be the BP again at the end…

Or….Seventh into lower oil can, down skid road into Lower Dreamweaver-lower boundary. Would be another big physical stage.

July 24, 2014, 11:16 p.m.

Endless Biking FTW!!!! Awesome after party. Awesome piñata. Awesome tacos!

Arriba!

July 25, 2014, 9:45 a.m.

Excellent event! Race was great, liked the new-old line on Oilcan.
After party was just fantastic! Thanks EB!

July 25, 2014, 10:37 a.m.

awesterner smoked all of last night. Nice work Steve, you must have been pinned out there!

Huge thanks to Shirk et al for a fantastically organized event as always. I loved the course and the community around these events.

It's been said already, but can't say enough about the support from Endless Biking this week. Awesome presence at the event (I couldn't stop laughing riding through the cheering section) and then a fantastic after party. Y'all rule at life.

Biking: As addictive as cocaine, twice as expensive!

:safrica: - :canada:

July 25, 2014, 11:18 a.m.

awesterner smoked all of last night. Nice work Steve, you must have been pinned out there!

Huge thanks to Shirk et al for a fantastically organized event as always. I loved the course and the community around these events.

It's been said already, but can't say enough about the support from Endless Biking this week. Awesome presence at the event (I couldn't stop laughing riding through the cheering section) and then a fantastic after party. Y'all rule at life.

Well said brotha! So awesome to be a part of this community, the only crappy part is hangover Fridays lol.