2011 SmackTalk.

Feb. 21, 2011, 4:03 p.m.

Pretty sure a peeler is a DH bike.

I'm out for the 27th, work is so hectik now we are on to 6 days a week.

Feb. 21, 2011, 6:18 p.m.

Really Gary? Cmon this is the smacktalk section not the bullshit section.

You had a DH bike in 2000.

Exactly. That's not a DH bike by today's standards.

I'm really enjoying riding a 36lb 8" bike with great angles and super tuneable suspension. it's a long way from the vanilla/durado combo I last raced on. I find the biggest difference is how hard it can enter corners and stick. Once I take my panties off this bike is going to be a lot of fun.

Feb. 21, 2011, 6:24 p.m.

a dh bike is a dh bike bro. The Peeler rode a lot like the new single pivots.

Maybe you should consider a career in politics. I see your point, but c'mon now.

I would like to do a bit of a skills clinic if people don't think they are too fast to learn from me.

Those that can't do teach right?

C4 Rider Training 2013

Contact me at: [email protected]

I am not so good at returning PM's as some have noticed.

c4race.com

Feb. 21, 2011, 6:38 p.m.

Yea Gary, worst excuse ever. EVAR!

You're referencing a time period when the Peeler was a good DH bike, but comparing to current bikes that weren't available back then. haha… now if you said you are still riding that Peeler up against current bikes, I'd let you have a 1 second penalty.

Feb. 21, 2011, 7:11 p.m.

Those that can't do teach right?

says the current masters provincial champ?

don't be so hard on yourself

Feb. 21, 2011, 7:44 p.m.

says the current masters provincial champ?

don't be so hard on yourself

thats mountainbikin!

Feb. 21, 2011, 8:18 p.m.

I think my point has been missed.

First let me say I'm very proud of what I've achieved racing DH, and will be the first one to flap about how fast I am/was?

The point I'm trying to make is (re)learning to go fast, by today's standards on today's tracks is all new to me. I guarantee I will go faster on any track today than I ever did in '03-'05 but it doesn't matter. Everyone is going faster.

I truly believe I am a better riding today, on today's bikes than I ever have been, and I'd be super pumped to even land on a podium in masters.

Perspective is a bitch!
Gotta check on the Tal…sounds like a lullaby is in order….anyone know Wheels on the Bus??

Feb. 22, 2011, 5:33 a.m.

36 lbs, shit gary my all mtn bike weighs more than that. You better win some races on that sucker. Cory if you could actually teach me something I'd be more than happy to do a skills clinic. Seriously I'm not kidding around, I've never been coached on a bike and would be curious to see if it translates into improvements in race times.

Disclaimer. Anything written above this should not be taken literally, its called sarcasm you idiots.

Feb. 22, 2011, 9:17 a.m.

Ewan is like so many people. Stupid fast and "ah natural". Even having your friends watch will help and doing some video analysis among friends can be cheaper than hiring a coach.

I have spent my winter watching WC vids online and it blows me away the free resources that riders have nowadays. The cool thing for me is the process of working with athletes that are much faster than me, but open minded enough to listen.

I can count all the times in my career on one hand that I got a useful tip, and man they stuck.

Shaums told us to "trust out tires in 99", he is the best. Gene Hamilton's Better Ride Camps are effective as well. It's just that point, that like Ewan most of us got where we are on our own.

C4 Rider Training 2013

c4race.com

Feb. 22, 2011, 9:29 a.m.

so true cory

i've already taught myself everything i know. if i'm going to get faster i need someone to correct my mistakes and teach me the things i DON'T do well.

books and vid are great: dirt fundamentals helped me a bunch but i need to help correct the little things.

that and a 20 years olds fearless brain.

Cory, do you have wed. off? the snow line is still up and the cold will make perfect traction!

Feb. 22, 2011, 9:51 a.m.

I am in Cali w Tyler, but will be around next week and would love to come to the coast.

C4 Rider Training 2013

c4race.com

Feb. 23, 2011, 7:17 a.m.

50+ is where the real men ride. You young whipper snappers need to trade in your diapers for a pair of Depends!

Feb. 23, 2011, 8:32 a.m.

So I am out for the 27th.

Looks like I will leave the DH rig hanging on the wall a while longer and learn from the "the Masters of SmackTalk" on this thread. :clap:

:idea: Trust your tires. That might work.

:canada:
My outdated bio, results, pictures and blog are here:
http://www.sponsorhouse.com/members/MtbBryon

"Champions expect pain, endure pain & never complain." -Unknown Source.

Feb. 23, 2011, 9:11 a.m.

That must have something to do with your impending MX bike purchase yes?

Feb. 23, 2011, 11:10 p.m.

Yeeha I'm back, just laid the downpayment on an 08' 250f Honda, that actually has Trey Canards old Factory Connection Suspension!

2k. Sick.

I love Californy.

C4 Rider Training 2013

c4race.com