2011 Island Cup Series - Official Thread

Jan. 11, 2011, 1:12 p.m.

hammerfest xc and dh swapped - dh may 22nd, xc may 29th

awesome!…you just made my day!!

…that is until I saw the picture of the trenches across the entrance to the access road…

Loud Hubs Save Lives

Jan. 11, 2011, 2:20 p.m.

yes the road is a current issue. We will keep people informed if any changes - at least it will get you in better shape riding in from the road :)

Play : Comox Valley Mountain Biking - www.cvmtb.com

Jan. 11, 2011, 2:47 p.m.

…that is until I saw the picture of the trenches across the entrance to the access road…

apparently there are so many ways in there the trenches didn't even phase the users posting on island4x4.com

River City Cycle Club - www.rivercitycycle.ca

Comox Valley Mountain Biking - www.cvmtb.com

Jan. 11, 2011, 10:33 p.m.

Hammerfest is in Coombs, right? We were just there on the 2nd. and we didn't see any trenches in the road.

Jan. 11, 2011, 10:40 p.m.

Trenches went in monday.

Play : Comox Valley Mountain Biking - www.cvmtb.com

Jan. 11, 2011, 10:50 p.m.

Hammerfest is in Coombs, right? We were just there on the 2nd. and we didn't see any trenches in the road.

yeah…we were up on the 3rd and there were no trenches…oh well, what's done is done!

Loud Hubs Save Lives

Jan. 11, 2011, 11:21 p.m.

What time do your XC races usually start?

Disappointed I won't be able to make the 12 hours of Cumberland this year, it was awesome last year.

WHAT!

We're defending champs man!? What the hell?!!

well - you shouldn't be that hard to replace…

I have 21,474,850 rep points...

My blog - read it!

http://www.citizenclass.ca

Jan. 12, 2011, 6:48 a.m.

It's the same day as Bear.

Jan. 13, 2011, 11:48 a.m.

Any ideas as to how the race might affect riding on Hornby that weekend? We've got a stag planned up there that same weekend but might need to look at alternates if the trails will closed for prep / racing.

Jan. 13, 2011, 3:12 p.m.

Any ideas as to how the race might affect riding on Hornby that weekend? We've got a stag planned up there that same weekend but might need to look at alternates if the trails will closed for prep / racing.

Not having any involvement with the Hornby race, but having been involved in other Island Cup races, my guess is the courses will be off limits during the races (XC [HTML_REMOVED] SuperD), but open before and after. If the race is in the morning, ride in the afternoon or vice versa. There is enough trail diversity on Hornby and daylight that time of year that you should be able to sort out some decent riding around the races.

Why not get in on the race action as part of the stag? likely to be fun times.

Jan. 13, 2011, 3:58 p.m.

If anyone can make it to Port Alice, it is well worth the drive. It is the best DH course my tires have ridden.

The course is always in such nice condition because it literally gets ridden one weekend out of the year, so all the duff gets replenished somewhat.

Also super friendly locals and a really well organized event.

I will try and make that one for sure.

Jan. 13, 2011, 4:09 p.m.

If anyone can make it to Port Alice, it is well worth the drive.

The XC is fun times as well. The party Saturday night is a good time as well. FREE CAMPING!

Jan. 13, 2011, 4:50 p.m.

Not having any involvement with the Hornby race, but having been involved in other Island Cup races, my guess is the courses will be off limits during the races (XC [HTML_REMOVED] SuperD), but open before and after. If the race is in the morning, ride in the afternoon or vice versa. There is enough trail diversity on Hornby and daylight that time of year that you should be able to sort out some decent riding around the races.

Why not get in on the race action as part of the stag? likely to be fun times.

Thanks for that info. A couple of us will race, but the majority are pretty fresh (ie/ borrowed bikes).

Jan. 25, 2011, 10:40 a.m.

Hey guys not trying to derail this thread but I have a question.
Next DEC 2011 on - would any be interested in doing all or part of a 4x series indoor at Abbotsford?
three weekend events -- one in dec -next weekend -jan- last weekend and finals feb mid month.
Still checking but I am pretty sure for the hardy ,we could get free camping outside at the arena,and the local hotel chain could come up with a good price,for those who want comfort.
When not racing the 4x events there is free spectating of sunday morning BMX races at 11am and Sat evening BMX racing at 7pm. If you have kids,it's all pretty family friendly.
anyways feel free to join in the discussion on the other Abbotsford Indoor 4X thread.
thanks
I am just sending out feelers to see if it would work.
G

FVMBA Website

Feb. 1, 2011, 9:31 p.m.

back to back weekends?
that is going to be some serious pain.

looks like there are 5 straight weekends of xc only 5 weeks from now?!?

ouch!!