2011 Bc Cup

Jan. 11, 2011, 8:44 a.m.

…Short Buses for the riders …

…how appropriate…

Loud Hubs Save Lives

Jan. 11, 2011, 9:05 a.m.

Bear has recently been using buses for riders plus a custom made trailer for the bikes. However this past year, we borrowed the idea from arduum and also had an extra plus cube van to increase throughput. We'll be doing similar again this year, but VERY likely increasing capacity with the cube vans again, including for race day morning. (which I know was a complaint). It's not cheap, but necessary.

Jan. 11, 2011, 9:45 a.m.

Bear has recently been using buses for riders plus a custom made trailer for the bikes. However this past year, we borrowed the idea from arduum and also had an extra plus cube van to increase throughput. We'll be doing similar again this year, but VERY likely increasing capacity with the cube vans again, including for race day morning. (which I know was a complaint). It's not cheap, but necessary.

Eliminating the trailer was a big factor, not too many places to turn around on the access road at Arduum.

www.steedcycles.com

Jan. 11, 2011, 10:13 a.m.

I wonder if you could drop off, and then drive up to the clearcut and turn around there. Probably still not quite enough room for a loop turn.

Jan. 11, 2011, 12:44 p.m.

arduum's shuttles weren't a problem at all the last two years… at least for me anyways.

i think i got in 7 runs or so between saturday and sunday before my race run.

if you show up early and don't fuck the dog in between practice runs you can get plenty riding in.

one thing to maybe change: dialling in the hip was sketchy as hell on saturday with riders constantly on course… riders can't get practice time on the hip without causing a cluster fuck on course. maybe a designated hip sessioning time?

i'm from out of town so its not like i can go and get it dialled in the weekend before…

Jan. 11, 2011, 12:55 p.m.

(most)downhill racers are just big whiny babies.

they show up late and then sit in line and give the volunteers flack whilst posing with their 8000 dollar bikes and custom pajamas with their names plastered everywhere. come race time they are slower then shit and can't even hang with the citizen class all while having an attitude like they are god's gift to the world.

don't change a thing for those princesses and don't let the haters get to you cause all the organizers and volunteers do an amazing job.

Jan. 11, 2011, 1 p.m.

they show up late and then sit in line and give the volunteers flack whilst posing with their 8000 dollar bikes and custom pajamas with their names plastered everywhere. come race time they are slower then shit and can't even hang with the citizen class all while having an attitude like they are god's gift to the world.

don't change a thing for those princesses and don't let the haters get to you cause all the organizers and volunteers do an amazing job.

:clap::clap:

Jan. 11, 2011, 1:13 p.m.

This is partially what got me out of racing and helping organize races. DH racing is strife with this holier than thou attitude and I'm not sure where it comes from. Maybe its because its so easy to move up the ranks to 'pro' without being humbled? I'm not sure, but I agree with you 100%.

Jan. 11, 2011, 4:46 p.m.

Most of them are cool. Just the most vocal ones are the douchey crybaby types who throw temper tantrums at the front of shuttle lineups in front of hundreds of people.

Jan. 11, 2011, 4:54 p.m.

Most of them are cool. Just the most vocal ones are the douchey crybaby types who throw temper tantrums at the front of shuttle lineups in front of hundreds of people.

I'd have to go with this. I've been at most of the BC Cups over the past few years and would have to say 99% of the racers I've been in contact with are cool and just having a great time. It's the whining vocal minority that spoils it for everyone.

Jan. 11, 2011, 5:41 p.m.

This is a life quote, not just a bike race organization quote.

www.steedcycles.com

Jan. 11, 2011, 9:36 p.m.

kind of off topic, but does anyone know the date or an idea of the date for the north shore smackdown? thanks alot

Parking lot punter with a beer belly

Jan. 11, 2011, 9:52 p.m.

kind of off topic, but does anyone know the date or an idea of the date for the north shore smackdown? thanks alot

Smackdown was the DH race at the Northshore Bike Fest and it's not happening this year. I think the rest of the event is still going though.

Jan. 11, 2011, 9:56 p.m.

Smackdown was the DH race at the Northshore Bike Fest and it's not happening this year. I think the rest of the event is still going though.

thats really a big bummer neds is so fun, especially when you can follow and pick lines that all the top guys are choosing. any chance that neds will be raced in the next coming of years?

Parking lot punter with a beer belly

Jan. 11, 2011, 10:12 p.m.

thats really a big bummer neds is so fun, especially when you can follow and pick lines that all the top guys are choosing. any chance that neds will be raced in the next coming of years?

probably not… there was a post a while back about the big issue being that if you crash and die, it would be a bitch to haul the carcass out.

Check my stuff for sale!