2009 Fluidride Cup schedule

March 5, 2009, 9:20 p.m.

Any of you guys got an extra seat for an 18 year old racing junior for the April race? I'll pay share of gas and expenses and such, willing to camp/sleep anywhere

March 6, 2009, 9:47 a.m.

You know you are welcome here :)

We are now running with category numbers and I don't remember how they translate as I have not yet taken care of this season's license.

If you race pro up north, race pro down here. If you are semi-pro, well that is a touch one. If you are upper half, go pro, lower half, go expert or cat2 or whatever it is.

I'll have to find that UCI page that describes the cats again.

You will LOVE both PA and Hood.

I can't wait. Sounds like super fun courses all round, and a good vibe. I'll join the big boys in Pro.

Biking: As addictive as cocaine, twice as expensive!

:safrica: - :canada:

March 6, 2009, 9:54 a.m.

I am hoping to head to PA as well. Keep me posted on the traveling arrangements and I will hook up with you guys. I have my truck which comfortably can carry 4 peeps, gear and bikes.

Greg

hol-ee shit but that's a big hole :eek:

March 9, 2009, 9:57 a.m.

PA looks like a really fun track, should be a good time for sure.

March 9, 2009, 10:48 a.m.

PA looks like a really fun track, should be a good time for sure.

I just got back from PA, the place is off the hook! I'll be heading down for the national race in may for sure.

March 17, 2009, 8:44 a.m.

ok so hows that weather and trail looking at PA?
Sean did you go to the shuttles that were happening a little while ago?

We have been kicked with snow here in Vancouver and the higher trails are still covered. O, I have been getting mine but its still not real big mtn riding yet….

Reports? You guys all clear of snow?

Blogging - Never before have so many people with so little to say said so much to so few.

March 18, 2009, 9:08 p.m.

We have been kicked with snow here in Vancouver and the higher trails are still covered. O, I have been getting mine but its still not real big mtn riding yet….

we should get a big trip going down there. i should have my rig back this week

March 22, 2009, 9:11 a.m.

We were shuttling in snow…the pro/ex course was burly in the snow but lots of fun!

I think all the trails are now clear of snow…we are going to try and head that way next weekend to check out conditions and get some time in on the courses…

http://www.usacycling.org/forms/mtb/09_Categories_Classes_Championships.pdf

There is a "no real help" breakdown of the categories for this upcoming season.

dear DW,
since you got like a million bucks now, can i borrow $2850 for a Revolt frame?

thanks,
steve

March 27, 2009, 10:28 a.m.

I can make it to any of the borders for pick up, will pay gas money, and will camp/stay wherever…. If anybody is willing to take me to PA I'd love them!

March 29, 2009, 9:05 p.m.

Can you practice on friday on the PA course?

March 29, 2009, 10:37 p.m.

If anyone has room for 2 I can pitch for gas and get hotel hookups.
Please pm or email me [email protected]. I really want to go and my dad was going to drive but he cant because of a sudden medical reason.
thanks.

Team Pinkbike/Devinci

March 30, 2009, 8:54 a.m.

Can you practice on friday on the PA course?

yep…1-6pm

http://www.pinkbike.com/news/fluidride-cup-1-2009.html

Blogging - Never before have so many people with so little to say said so much to so few.

March 30, 2009, 8:59 a.m.

There is a "no real help" breakdown of the categories for this upcoming season.….Those Cat's are all backwards eh? O well…

So Seand, What is the cut off for each course then?
Do pros and cat 1 do the advanced course and the rest ride the intermeditate course?

Me a follow master plan to reg for Cat1 and wing it..Just curious how they sort who rides which course.

See ya soon

March 30, 2009, 9:44 a.m.

There is a "no real help" breakdown of the categories for this upcoming season.

….Those Cat's are all backwards eh? O well…

So Seand, What is the cut off for each course then?
Do pros and cat 1 do the advanced course and the rest ride the intermeditate course?

Me a follow master plan to reg for Cat1 and wing it..Just curious how they sort who rides which course.

See ya soon

No idea! Last year, the pro/semi/exp all ran the same course. Sport had their own course and beginner their own.

This year I assume that it will follow the same, sans semi as it is no-more, course (no pun intended) of action.

I figure we will see Darryl and Ewan (and possibly Connor) like usual…who else is in for some fun riding and pretty okay mexican food :) …and most likely terrible weather.

dear DW,
since you got like a million bucks now, can i borrow $2850 for a Revolt frame?

thanks,
steve

March 30, 2009, 9:50 a.m.

So far I have talked to Darryl, Tim and Ewan..they are in. Not sure about Connor yet or Tyler G.

I (Eric) am traveling down with a fellow master racer…Grumpy.

…and I think Greg from the freeride dawgs was talking about running a group of 4 people down too…

So we will bring our maple syrup, bacon and sled dogs across the big bad border!

Sound like a very well run event. Can not wait!