worst?

July 8, 2009, 11:18 p.m.

Hahaha. Exactly what I was going to say.

he also kinda looks like the chocolate rain kid.

Check my stuff for sale!

July 9, 2009, 12:01 a.m.

Sooo sick! love my fixie.
id like to see any mtber that downs on that take one around the block and do anything on it.
it has two wheels, its good in my books.

Check this more:
https://vimeo.com/4058196
Thomas edison is better than you before your grandparents were even a dirty thought in your great grandparents eyes!

https://vimeo.com/4174829

July 9, 2009, 2:15 a.m.

i raged

July 9, 2009, 3:35 a.m.

July 9, 2009, 5:37 a.m.

The Revival vid looks killer. And Edison, well, …….

"You don't learn from experience. You learn from reflecting on the experience."
- Kristen Ulmer

July 9, 2009, 7:28 a.m.

Shit is awful but its all been said.

Me. Car/Web Work. Twitter. FFFFound.

July 9, 2009, 10:22 a.m.

Sooo sick! love my fixie.
id like to see any mtber that downs on that take one around the block and do anything on it.

definitely makes you feel like a total newb on a bike. it's like learning to ride all over. hopping on [HTML_REMOVED] off curbs is about the limit of my radicalness, and i was stoked to learn skidding the other week. pretty funny, yet entertaining nonetheless. as mentioned previously, kinda analogous to the bmx/mtb comparison. tricks do look pretty dorky on them, but it's all fun. bikes are good.

July 9, 2009, 10:29 a.m.

fixies are cool, those tricks are cool but skinny jeans are not (just because I'm too fat to wear them and I don't like to have to use power tools to get my pants off)

Shed head!

July 9, 2009, 11:18 a.m.

i just don't get the whole learning to do tricks on something that clearly isn't meant for tricks..
If you want to ride street and do tricks, get a bmx. If you want to ride real fast and be a courier, get a fixie.

its like learning to cut paper with a chain saw, then being like "YO YO, do you have any idea how much hand control it takes to cut this paper with a huge chain saw?" yeah it would take tons of skill but you're still an idiot cause your homeboys been cutting paper with scissors, with way finer cuts, for years.

basically, i'm not down with putting yourself in the worst position to excel at something you enjoy just so you can "stand" out.

http://onlymtb.ca/
http://www.bikes.com
http://www.chromagbikes.com

Dnsm Dnsm Dnsm

July 9, 2009, 11:29 a.m.

^just another way to have fun. nothing wrong with hardware imposed challenges. would you say that riding a hardtail offroad is equally dumb, when full suspension is obviously superior? or jumping mountainbikes is wrong when bmx's are the better tool?

actually reminds me of an experience on my first mtb a couple decades ago - i rode bmx previously, so was (naturally) trying jumps on the big bike. for some reason the derailleur fell apart. went to the shop [HTML_REMOVED] the guy said that mountainbikes weren't meant for doing jumps - you should stick with a bmx. i was momentarily disheartened, but was having too much fun [HTML_REMOVED] continued with my bike abusing ways. bikes is bikes. there is no wrong or right as long as you're having a good time.

July 9, 2009, 11:40 a.m.

Im pretty sure that this guy didnt have no foots cans, suicide no handers and you in mind at the time.

but hey, the sport evolved, and now there are bikes that are meant to do that on. You fall under the same category as this guy, you still call yourself a 'mountain biker', so did this guy. If you do ANY research into the scene youll find that there are as many different types of 'mountain bikes' as 'fixed gear bikes' all with different purposes, some velodrome, some tricks, some commuter, flat bar cruisers etc etc.

Fixed gear riding has been around before any other type of bike. And as you can see by the video i posted earlier in the thread, being tricked as well.

You may not think that these 'fancy new fixie bikes' arent meant for tricks, but by any sense of time, your mountain bike is less meant for tricks than a fixed gear bike.

Bikes are bikes, regardless of this 'worst position' you speak of. Im pretty sure if your on two wheels and killing it on dirt jumps or on a fixed gear bike your in a good position. Its different skills and either way its alot of fun. Jump on a fixie one day and give it a fair go.

One day you'll put down your dirt jumper, nike 6.0s and new era hat and realize that you just want to ride a bike, not throw down sick moves in front of your friends and make movies with some random rap flavor of the week playing in the background.

July 9, 2009, 11:48 a.m.

pretty amazing riding - especially the front wheel tricks with no brakes!

July 9, 2009, 1:05 p.m.

isn't that 'insane' wayne croasdale?

my god, i'm a wealth of arcane knowledge.

that titan half track was a sweet frame. shop in vic (can't recall the name) used to carry them. i lusted.

July 9, 2009, 1:58 p.m.

he needs to do some squats.

July 9, 2009, 2:11 p.m.

i just don't get the whole learning to do tricks on something that clearly isn't meant for tricks..
If you want to ride street and do tricks, get a bmx. If you want to ride real fast and be a courier, get a fixie.

its like learning to cut paper with a chain saw, then being like "YO YO, do you have any idea how much hand control it takes to cut this paper with a huge chain saw?" yeah it would take tons of skill but you're still an idiot cause your homeboys been cutting paper with scissors, with way finer cuts, for years.

basically, i'm not down with putting yourself in the worst position to excel at something you enjoy just so you can "stand" out.

Disagree. Bikes are made for fun. By your point of view, why the hell should I ride bikes on dirt when it's better to use motos?