What was up with that 7vision premier?

April 23, 2007, 10:03 p.m.

Was anyone else there at The Cut Sevenvision premier at Sea Otter? And didn't get let in?
Let me know if you were/didn't. I really want to make that guy Brian from Cannondale marketing make good on his promise, and so far Cannondale has said nothing about it. They won't even return my e-mails.

Here's the quote from the website:

"When the CUT arrived at the club, there was already a line of eager fans stretched down the street. It was super rad to see that many people so excited about DVD. We apologize to all of those who were not able to get in and we thank you for your understanding and support. "

I understand what Brian promised us. We, as a mob, kept up our part of the deal and dispersed without much argument. And he, for his part, OH WAIT HE HASN'T DONE HIS PART.

Let me know, let's organize. There are only two forces in business, the government and THE CONSUMERS. I have some photos I want to post up in a publicly visible place.

-Sean

April 23, 2007, 10:29 p.m.

soo wait… whats his end of the deal?

vimeo
Flickr

April 24, 2007, 3:29 p.m.

I'm wondering the same thing too?!?!?!?

**Big thanks to:

Morpheus Cycles
Industry Nine Componentry
RaceFace
- Velocity Cycles - **

April 24, 2007, 3:39 p.m.

as am i???

April 24, 2007, 4:31 p.m.

I agree - it's just not clear.

As a Ranter, you've got alot to learn!

April 24, 2007, 6:42 p.m.

so what was his part of the deal?

…wyper…

April 24, 2007, 11:49 p.m.

I was really hoping to use that to authenticate any responses, because Brian promised something to everyone who was there. I'm gonna keep at this through other methods until I either make the twerp pony up or give up and just start a smear campaign, either way you'll all find out then if you check back. Meanwhile, if you know anyone who was there, have em post.
Word, keep big business accountable.
-Sean

April 25, 2007, 6:44 a.m.

Brian sent me a free hat, didn't you get yours?

So many freaks, so few circuses.

April 25, 2007, 7:42 a.m.

I was really hoping to use that to authenticate any responses, because Brian promised something to everyone who was there. I'm gonna keep at this through other methods until I either make the twerp pony up or give up and just start a smear campaign, either way you'll all find out then if you check back. Meanwhile, if you know anyone who was there, have em post.
-Sean

I can understand your frustration…the premiere was highly publicized and the place only had enough room for industry people and their friends. If a guy from Cannondale promised you anything (please specify what that was) I'm sure his intentions were good. The dudes at Cannondale are good people, they just got swamped by the huge crowd. I got in but only because I had this:

But on the other hand….are you kidding me? "Keep big business accountable" you showed up at a movie premiere and couldn't get in, some dude promised you some shwag and you didn't get it. All of the sudden you're targeting Cannondale like Enron. Go find yourself a real cause. You're wasting everyones time here with this shit.

CHECK OUT MY BLOG.
Eastern Front

April 25, 2007, 7:59 a.m.

HEy DL, how was it? The trailer was not that special, but with the riders they have i am sure they pulled of a good and solid film?

"You don't learn from experience. You learn from reflecting on the experience."
- Kristen Ulmer

April 25, 2007, 8:55 a.m.

Let's organize? Are you for real? You didn't get in to a movie premier, so what? I've stood in line for events that I didn't get into also. Like Death Lens said, find yourself a real cause. "Keep big bussiness accountable" for what? sending you schwag?

This is your birthday pony.

April 25, 2007, 10:40 a.m.

HEy DL, how was it? The trailer was not that special, but with the riders they have i am sure they pulled of a good and solid film?

Incredibly rad for a team video. Very little, if any competition footage. All shot by Don Hampton on his XL2…whole thing looks like 16mm. Chris VanDine has one of the most well rounded MTB segments to date. Some of the music sucked but beyond that I think its taking MTB vids in the right direction.

CHECK OUT MY BLOG.
Eastern Front

April 25, 2007, 6:29 p.m.

ahar-har. cannondale is big business?

intelligent designer jeans
cornichons > dills

April 26, 2007, 9:54 p.m.

I did not mean to imply that not getting into a premier entitles anyone to anything, it was Brian's promise to the crowd that entitled us to the terms of said promise. It may have been a necessary compromise to keep the windows up in the venue, the crowd was getting pretty rabid, but making the promise implies that you'll keep it, and verbal agreements are not only what we've taken as law since prehistoric times, but legally binding in California by court precedent. Sure, Cannondale's no fortune 500, but you can visit their offices in Connecticut, Pennsylvania, Switzerland, New South Wales, or even Osaka. And they're owned by a company with holdings as diverse as german mineral trading corporations. Of course big business is a subjective term, but what does it for me is the not returning emails thing.
All that's irrelevant now, though not hearing back from Cannondale bugs me. Turns out Brian doesn't even work directly for Cannondale. Either some companies do still lend creedence to angry mobs and internet message boards or Brian's just a good guy, cause

Brian has made good on his promise to the mob. We're getting our free hats. We're psyched.

April 26, 2007, 9:57 p.m.

all this for a friggin hat?? damn.

Being an agoraphobic adrenaline junkie would be pretty convenient, because you could get your rush from just going to the store to get some milk instead of having to jump off a mountain or out of an airplane.

they also call me "balloon"