Wanna ride some U.S. skateparks... Think Again

March 20, 2005, 5:37 p.m.

I know some of you guys are on feeble so you've probably already seen this. If not its worth the watch. If you enjoy taking your bikes into skate parks here, consider your self lucky.

http://www.freezinglife.com/video/whenothersare.wmv

March 20, 2005, 5:38 p.m.

is it the protest video?

March 20, 2005, 5:39 p.m.

yea, has it been posted before?

March 20, 2005, 5:46 p.m.

yup its old stuff shrew posted it

Shoots with Nikon D2H
c

March 20, 2005, 5:50 p.m.

Originally posted by CoffeeMan
yea, has it been posted before?

im not sure. i saw it off feeble

March 20, 2005, 5:50 p.m.

thats cool. ive never seen it posted before

March 20, 2005, 5:58 p.m.

thats emotional

Trin, rip 27/11/05

Reading comprehension > you.

March 20, 2005, 6:08 p.m.

ahah that was great:)

minus signature

March 20, 2005, 6:13 p.m.

So, the people's tax money is being wasted

1. by not allowing bikes in public parks

2. paying the cops to do nothing and just pick on innocent teens.

frigging shameful.

oh hai!

March 20, 2005, 6:29 p.m.

i've never seen that.

so retarded. arresting a 12 year old for riding a bike? CRAZY

i love how many cops it takes to stop people having fun :rolleyes:

March 20, 2005, 6:42 p.m.

posted before, but man some people are very ignorant..

Zzzzoom

March 20, 2005, 6:56 p.m.

And I thought Ernie Crist says that everyone is allowed to ride bikes where it is flat and paved :rolleyes:

All you need for riding is ignorance and confidence; then success is sure.

March 20, 2005, 9:10 p.m.

we should do that at bonsor. I'm down for getting arrested.

www.natooke.com

March 20, 2005, 10:26 p.m.

Originally posted by Lady Gravity
**i've never seen that.

so retarded. arresting a 12 year old for riding a bike? CRAZY

i love how many cops it takes to stop people having fun :rolleyes: **

Its not the cops fault…..and nothing will get done until thoe guys figure that out. Its great to protest, but why bitch and make life hell on cops that are just doing their job? They don't make the rules…….so why try and piss them off. Those guys were trying to bait alot of those officers into a fight or doing something stupid in front of a camera. What the hell good will that do? It's not going to open the parks up to bikes……it might just ruin someone else life who has nothing to do with it.

People should really start helping removing their heads from each others asses.

Flame this if you wish, but its the truth.

What good would going and poaching a whole bunch of trail closures in protest of Crist do to help prevent more trail closures?

March 20, 2005, 10:42 p.m.

Originally posted by Slingdros
**Its not the cops fault…..and nothing will get done until thoe guys figure that out. Its great to protest, but why bitch and make life hell on cops that are just doing their job? They don't make the rules…….so why try and piss them off. Those guys were trying to bait alot of those officers into a fight or doing something stupid in front of a camera. What the hell good will that do? It's not going to open the parks up to bikes……it might just ruin someone else life who has nothing to do with it.

People should really start helping removing their heads from each others asses.

Flame this if you wish, but its the truth.

What good would going and poaching a whole bunch of trail closures in protest of Crist do to help prevent more trail closures? **

I completely agree. If you are going to protest somthing you want to do it to draw positive attention to your cause, not try to bitch out cops.

Lesson number one. Prepare yourselves before going out. That means, calling any and all media that cares to come out. Get in contact with your member of parlement or mla in charge of your region and let them know whats going on. OD this ahead of time so they have time tp prepare. If you try to trap them into somthing that they are not prepared for, they will immediatly get their defences up and you will get no-where.

Also, be professional. There is somthing to be said about numbers. Get every kid you know as well as their friends and families to come. The more adults present the better. Don't act like immature rebels that are just out to show off to their buddies.

I completely agree that some things need to be protested against if you do not recieve action via the proper channels. But it should just be done to piss people off. Do it with a reason and a passion.