The Webbie Show (bmx)

Jan. 8, 2012, 8:54 a.m.

Good thing mtb riders dont ride bmx. If they did they would all be on cruisers saying how much better the 24 inch wheel is.

only 35 but still beat the 30-39 BC cup Champion 4 out of 6 races

Jan. 8, 2012, 9:16 a.m.

Good thing mtb riders dont ride bmx. If they did they would all be on cruisers saying how much better the 24 inch wheel is.

while secretly wondering if there was a 22" wheel that would be better than both

Jan. 8, 2012, 9:36 a.m.

there is a 22" wheel. never seen one, but schwalbe makes tubes for it.

Check my stuff for sale!

Jan. 8, 2012, 9:55 a.m.

Jocks on bikes. Circus act.

well yes, but if you want to win the big comps you gotta have that shit under you. if you wanna be on the dirtbag flow team, you can be creative on rails and have sick nose manuals.

Check my stuff for sale!

Jan. 8, 2012, 9:38 p.m.

while secretly wondering if there was a 22" wheel that would be better than both

so much hilarity.

while your sitten at your desk im banging laps.

Jan. 8, 2012, 11:51 p.m.

Wow. That was one hell of a video. I liked it. I could even let myself imagine that he makes them skinny jeans look cool.

Anyways, what I do not really get - and probably never will is the need of most people to actually judge riders on the basis of how cool they are, appear to be, what kind of tricks they nail, or do not nail, what brands they represent, or do not, how they dress or how un-hip they are - comments like this are useless to a degree that is sickening me.

So positive judgement is great and negative judgement sickens you? This is why the MTB world record manual video was so bad.

Me. Car/Web Work. Twitter. FFFFound.

Jan. 9, 2012, 2:59 a.m.

BP only likes bmx videos provided they're shot lo-fi on a half broken super8, and the only tricks are hang tens on ledges and feebles down rails

Jan. 9, 2012, 3:01 a.m.

Also how has the board not figured out how he trolls all of you? Says something that can be construed as inflammatory, then turns around and says he meant something else by it and that you're mad bro

Jan. 9, 2012, 4:31 a.m.

wow.

Jan. 9, 2012, 8 a.m.

Also how has the board not figured out how he trolls all of you? Says something that can be construed as inflammatory, then turns around and says he meant something else by it and that you're mad bro

dude, if you're successful, you're not cool.

Check my stuff for sale!

Jan. 9, 2012, 10:13 a.m.

So positive judgement is great and negative judgement sickens you? This is why the MTB world record manual video was so bad.

We are not talking about Francis Fukuyama's books here, dude. We are talking about riding bikes for fuck's sake. Yes, the manual video may be all that is bad and not good in mountainbiking, so what? In the end it is all marketing - and I think we all fall for that trap. Don't believe me? Think 29er…..and boom.

Ahh, whatever - I am just wasting my time. In my opinion, what is wrong with mountainbiking and various other so-called "extreme sports" is that there are too many folks who think they know the answers, have one hell of an idea - oh, man.

Actually, what is truly sickening me are riders/people involved with mtb'ing who have no issue showing their sweet, pure, holier-than-you elitist attitude.

Funny thing is - mountainbiking is going the way of Alpine climbing….do not believe me? Read Twight. Kiss or Kill.

"You don't learn from experience. You learn from reflecting on the experience."
- Kristen Ulmer

Jan. 9, 2012, 2:51 p.m.

In the future I'll make sure to stick with bland statements like "Mark Webb's riding isn't my thing." :rolleyes:

Me. Car/Web Work. Twitter. FFFFound.

Jan. 9, 2012, 4:53 p.m.

Okay everyone Brian wins this round with this.

Negative comments have a place just like positive comments. What confuses me is why everyone continues to fuel Brian's flame by trying to tell him he's wrong…. He makes good points and they're only his opinion. Why we hatin?

The video was awesome but I can see why a lot of people would dislike it. Just like why people hate the iPhone or Coca-Cola. They're just opinions. Who cares?

If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominos will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Jan. 9, 2012, 6:54 p.m.

https://vimeo.com/2102462
Allow me to fix this thread

Jan. 10, 2012, 1:09 p.m.

Truth is BMX never has had and never will have a single "direction". Those always saying "this is the direction it needs to go in" are almost always relatively new to the scene or just elitist.

The reason BMX is awesome is it's diversity. Everyone can have their opinion, you can call his riding ugly as fuck - no one will care. But judging a bunch of guys as jocks or whatever is bullshit and you're smart enough to know it. Especially when they are pushing bmx in ways no one has yet.