Self edit

March 6, 2016, 10:50 a.m.

The other day I decided that because it was so nice outside that I wanted to go throw together some clips. This trail is so much fun, swoopy, and fast that I wanted to see how it looked being filmed. Unfortunately I'm self filming this with a tiny little tripod so I couldn't get any higher shots. That's a lot of work to film coming in/going out shots by yourself! The riding is mediocre but its short. Enjoy!

http://www.pinkbike.com/video/438434/

March 6, 2016, 11:46 a.m.

sweet. can't wait to ride these trails, looks super fun and fast.

March 6, 2016, 12:19 p.m.

This part of Kamloops is probably the least fun area to ride in, really only because it lacks trees or anything technical. But what it doesn't lack is speed and drifty corners. Some of the trails are a lot of fun because you can spin out your gearing on them. It always the first and last are that is rideable, so in the spring and fall its great. The summer time it gets boiling hot and has rattlesnakes, so best to avoid hahaha

March 6, 2016, 1:15 p.m.

the scene at like 55 seconds is ad material with the placement of the trail, rider and background scenery.

nice job as self edits involve a lot of work going up and down the trail.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

March 6, 2016, 3:01 p.m.

the scene at like 55 seconds is ad material with the placement of the trail, rider and background scenery.

nice job as self edits involve a lot of work going up and down the trail.

The only real reason why I included that clip was because of a snow capped Greenstone Mountain in the background.

I was pretty worked from running up the hill. All of those takes were first shots, as I was too tired to try and put a bunch of effort in. By the end I was getting lazy and really tired!

March 6, 2016, 5:21 p.m.

cool vid, looks like lots of hard work hiking up and down to get those shots!

spinning out your gearing? Time to bring back a 2x setup with a real chainring..38t up front ftw!

March 6, 2016, 6:12 p.m.

cool vid, looks like lots of hard work hiking up and down to get those shots!

spinning out your gearing? Time to bring back a 2x setup with a real chainring..38t up front ftw!

I haven't run a 2x since the nineties. Only in this riding area though will you come close to spinning out. Last year I was spinning out a 32/11 on that trail with the berm and large boulder. But its not bad, that only if you're going as fast as you can pedal, trying to chase KOM's. If you back 'er down a bit you have lots of gears. Or just coast! haha

March 6, 2016, 6:28 p.m.

is this area Savona? walked around upper bike ranch and did some vehicular exploring with the wife today. very cool looking place, beautiful for the most part. the hills and views are incredible. dropped the cardboard off at a site and saw the sign for Kenna Cartwright. walked around, looks great too. i may put lighter tires on the Smuggler for the speed and all round up and down xc trails. (and secretly ordering a longer travel bike for the bigger steeper trails soon to be coming) stoked for these new riding adventures it looks killer.

March 6, 2016, 6:33 p.m.

No this was in Batchelor Heights, out past the tower. There are some fun loops in there. Kenna is another area that is mostly easy yet fun and fast trails. Gotta watch out for hikers in there though.

Pineview and Harper are the good riding areas. Those are a long way off from being rideable though.

March 6, 2016, 7:04 p.m.

Good times thanks for sharing.
What, no plugging some bike company?
Drove thru the loops today- shocked how warm it was.

People always ask me what's the phenomenon
Yo what's up? Yo what's goin' on- Adam Yauch

March 6, 2016, 7:32 p.m.

love it!

March 6, 2016, 8:18 p.m.

Good times thanks for sharing.
What, no plugging some bike company?
Drove thru the loops today- shocked how warm it was.

Oh yeah forgot. Thanks Xprezo and Nobl wheels!! ;)

March 6, 2016, 10:16 p.m.

Good Job. whatever happened to pics and vids. Nobody makes or shares really anymore. Same with the ride section, nobody really posts anymore.

http://carcraftautorepair.ca/

Follow Us On FaceBook

March 7, 2016, 10:39 a.m.

Greenstone Mountain in the background.

mmmmmmmmm… Greenstone

:canada:

March 7, 2016, 1:14 p.m.

Good Job. whatever happened to pics and vids. Nobody makes or shares really anymore. Same with the ride section, nobody really posts anymore.

To busy with Strava….maybe.

The raw, primitive, unrefined trails that see little to no maintenance are the kinds of trails that really build skill. What kind of skills do you learn riding a trail that was made by a machine, groomed to perfection and void of any rocks, roots or other obstacles that could send you careening over the handlebars?