School me in some camera gear

June 8, 2011, 5:41 p.m.

Have a Tokina 12-24 second version. Constant f4 aperture so fairly fast. B[HTML_REMOVED]H is your friend here. Early version 399, secoind edition 499 plus 12.00 or so for shipping via purolator ground. If you are shooting in the bush, a flash is very useful and a way to shoot it off camera. Not sure if your camera can handle off camera flash but there are some cheap chinese remotes that will help. That way you can buy cheap manual flashes to use as slaves and hang them in trees to improve lighting. because its darker than you think in the forest

June 20, 2011, 12:24 p.m.

16-35 2.8 is awesome

radio popper is making some cool products that are well priced and have some awesome capabilities with ETTL flashes. I haven't had a chance to work with them, but have heard good things.

http://www.radiopopper.com/

580 ex2 speedlight - if you have the money. otherwise you can find some cheap Vivitars around, in fact hit me up I have a few kicking around that I would sell cheap if you are building a remote flash set up.

Dec 2006 photo contest winner "Best Ass Shot"

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

June 20, 2011, 3:57 p.m.

Tokina 11-16 is the best wide angle you can buy for crop sensor Canon's. Or if you want a fisheye get the Tokina 10-17, I shoot with it, I love it. 17-55 f/2.8 was stated earlier, another really good suggestion, and as was also stated earlier, cheap and good does not really apply to photo gear. Your camera is only as good as the lens you put on it and your lens is only as good as the hit you're willing to take in the cash department. The good thing about this, lenses don't really devalue that much so unless an upgrade version of whatever you buy comes, you should be able to make back around %80 of what you paid for it.

fuck lmm

I like how he casually dropped the "I'm famous" bomb.
LMM, if I ever see you at Whistler, make sure Schne is close by to take a picture of me punching you in the balls.

i dont post anymore unless its a lmm thread
such a tool

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jasonfrodomacfarlane/sets/